BackTrack Reborn - Kali Linux.

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
So is it the end of Backtrack Linux? or will they still develope new version of BT?

Backtrack has lived it's life, it's no more supported by Offsec now for future development, now Kali Linux is the main Pentesting distro from Offensive Security team.
This means that THIS IS THE END FOR BACKTRACK..

btw, downloaded it, now installing it on my external HDD, let's hope everything goes smooth.. :pray:

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
^ Good. Post some screenshots. Can't wait to work on it. Have to get rid my BT R2 :-D It's hanging a lot.

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
^ Good. Post some screenshots. Can't wait to work on it. Have to get rid my BT R2 :-D It's hanging a lot.

ok, now posting this from Kali Linux.. :mrgreen:
Installation was smooth and purely Kali Linux based (not like BT5, which used Ubuntu Installation methods), here're some screenshots from the installation:
*i.imgur.com/tP1Mylc.png
*i.imgur.com/0tQVNrV.png

messed up once when i installed GRUB in /dev/sdc2 and it failed to boot, started from begining and this time installed in /dev/sdc, now everything is fine.. :)

Interface is good, smooth and one thing i like is the out of the box support for my Wifi card (Centrino N-2230), BT5R3 gave me headaches for wifi support... :p
Rest i am currently testing, have to agree that this time, Gnome interface looks quite good and snappy... :D
here are some more screenshots:
*i.imgur.com/S0kJaiY.png
*i.imgur.com/YqggAcO.png
*i.imgur.com/n8pHHpt.png
*i.imgur.com/k5ekdsV.png

Last edited:

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
@ratul - The interface looks smooth, however when I was abt to dload there was no torrent options available in the drop down. Have to check it again.

OP
ratul

ratul

█████████████████
@ratul - The interface looks smooth, however when I was abt to dload there was no torrent options available in the drop down. Have to check it again.

yes there's no torrent option available, but i always prefer direct download in these circumstances... :p

Top Bottom