Back to Basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
People i want to start my own personal website. Now i'm new to all this and know very less about it. Please tell what are the requirements for starting a new website. I'll buy a new domain from Cyrus in the form. But can some one tell me how to design i have visited various web tutorials to learn but don't get it.:confused::confused:

I would like to know which languages a need to learn to have a new website done. people use dreamweaver and i have heard its easy :cool::cool:

Plz help:!::!:

[rApToR]

Computer Maniac !
You need to learn HTML and Javascript on the languages side .
Or Dreamweaver is a good option for non-language designing ! :)

OP
skippednote

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
[rApToR];910553 said:
You need to learn HTML and Javascript on the languages side .
Or Dreamweaver is a good option for non-language designing ! :)

Thanx man
Any tut for Dreamweaver:):)

veiga2412

Techie in training
u'll get a lotta DW tutorial on the net, it's pretty simple DnD..

You can also try using Google Sites.. It's pretty basic & easy to use... Helps you to create some pages, hosts upto 100MB of data & you can link it to any external domain [yours].. and even allows you to link to your gmail account as an added bonus :)

:google Love:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Easiest and fastest way is to install a CMS. You can start with wordpress which is an easy to use CMS and also it has wide range of themes and plugins. You hardly need to know anything to use wordpress. You will just need to get familiar with using it, which isn't difficult at all. Way easier than designing your own site or using templates/tools to create your website.

goobimama

 Macboy
True that. By the time you learn to design (well enough), your domain will expire. Install Wordpress and a suitable theme. Wordpress is really powerful and I don't think it can be considered as just a blogging tool anymore.

Otherwise do not touch dreamweaver. Learn HTML/CSS via a text editor, nothing fancy. Also later on, javascript. (and then PHP and whatever other languages you choose). But going the dreamweaver way is just going to get you in a fix that you won't be able to solve by looking at code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom