Bachelors Degree in Germany Or Switzerland

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
For the same situation, I have to stay away from my parents this year for 12th just to study in a good school. :(
Beware you might have to sacrifice your family life esp. Children.

Ur father justice???

Man my cousin has transfer within the limits of Delhi only so its no problem at all and i think if ur father is judge then u must have seen those lavish huge house u get to live in!!!

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Ur father justice???

Man my cousin has transer within the limits of Delhi only so its no problem at all and i think if ur father is judge then u must have seen those lavish huge house u get to live in
Yes. But you must have firm determination that you want to pursue your career in Law.

somehow managed to convince him to let me appear for CLAT.(Lets hope for the best) . AIEEE is still there so till then Germany is out of question.

Appearing for multiple exams that to of different streams is unhealthy. If you want to get in law practice hard for that and don't look at anything else. Haphazardly applying for every stream and entrance exam is really not a good idea.

If you want to major in CS then don't look into anything except AIEEE/StateEntrance/Board/IITJEE.

If you want to major in Law then don't waste time. Work on it.

If you want to get in Civil Services like IAS/IPS/IFS then don't waste time again.

Make your decision wisely based on your skills. Talk with your parents about your interest and they will surely listen. No father would force a student to study a particular field. And if you feel he has forced you,you might have not approached him properly. Take time and do it. This will be the most important decision in your life - you will have to live with it for the rest of your life (Though you can change stream after graduation that is not desirable).

Frankly, no one else, except you can answer the question as to which stream is suitable to you :)
And every stream is important. Imagine what would happen if we did not have nurses,peons,waiters in hotels,drivers,pilots,sweepers,courier guys,barbers? I have seen a barber in my city who makes lakhs per month with his big saloon. Would you call him dumb? Would you call him as a 3rd class job worker? He has the talent. No, all of us here on TDF are focused on somewhat intellect based career choices but anyways any job is intellect based. I just wanted to give that example just to clear that no stream should be underestimated.

And one more thing please don't create "OR" in your career. If I get marks I will do this or I will have to do that. NOPE. Be firm and stick with one.

Last edited:
OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
Yes. But you must have firm determination that you want to pursue your career in Law.

Appearing for multiple exams that to of different streams is unhealthy. If you want to get in law practice hard for that and don't look at anything else. Haphazardly applying for every stream and entrance exam is really not a good idea.

If you want to major in CS then don't look into anything except AIEEE/StateEntrance/Board/IITJEE.

If you want to major in Law then don't waste time. Work on it.

If you want to get in Civil Services like IAS/IPS/IFS then don't waste time again.

Make your decision wisely based on your skills. Talk with your parents about your interest and they will surely listen. No father would force a student to study a particular field. And if you feel he has forced you,you might have not approached him properly. Take time and do it. This will be the most important decision in your life - you will have to live with it for the rest of your life (Though you can change stream after graduation that is not desirable).

Frankly, no one else, except you can answer the question as to which stream is suitable to you :)
And every stream is important. Imagine what would happen if we did not have nurses,peons,waiters in hotels,drivers,pilots,sweepers,courier guys,barbers? I have seen a barber in my city who makes lakhs per month with his big saloon. Would you call him dumb? Would you call him as a 3rd class job worker? He has the talent. No, all of us here on TDF are focused on somewhat intellect based career choices but anyways any job is intellect based. I just wanted to give that example just to clear that no stream should be underestimated.

And one more thing please don't create "OR" in your career. If I get marks I will do this or I will have to do that. NOPE. Be firm and stick with one.

Conqueror looks like there are few places u have yet to conquer

U must be telling me so as for my attempt to CLAT let me tell u i always wanted to be a lawyer but its against my dad wishes

Now some facts:-
1) CLAT has four parts
a) English ( No preparation required)
b)Mathematics/Logical Reasoning which i am already doing(Easy questions like find the pattern, boat upstream downstream , if 1 man do this job in x time how much time y will take)
c)General Knowledge( I read newspaper daily)
d) Legal Reasoning( These question require check ur IQ nothing else)

These question have this format

Principle
Facts
Question on Principle and Facts
4 option

For eg:-

Principle:- A master is liable to third persons for every such wrong of his servant as committed in the course of service. For acts committed beyond scope of employment, the master is liable only if he authorized the act. :-

Fact: A owned a bus and He hired B to drive it and C to be the conductor. One day, when B had stepped out of the bus to have coffee, C decided to turn the bus around so that it is ready for its next trip. While doing so, C ran over D's leg causing him injuries. D sued A for the damages.

a) D will succeed since C was employed by A.
b) D will not succeed since the bus was not on an official trip.
c) D will not succeed since A had not authorized C to drive the bus.
d) D will succeed since turning the bus was in the course of employment.

BTW answer is c. (see logical isn't it) + No negative marking in CLAT
The only thing difficult which required preparation was Legal Gk which has been removed from CLAT syllabus this year.

Also i have 14 free days to cover any topic of CLAT if i feel i am not good at once i give AIEEE.

2) Now for DU

I gave my boards expecting good marks so no preparation required.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
thanx techfreak but its core is on US and US is expensive i would go there only if i wanna do my masters bachelors is simply out of budget

albertjr

Right off the assembly line
Hi!

My Chachu has come today from Germany and he is doing his masters from Ostwestfalen-Lippe University of Applied Sciences.

He is suggesting me to do my bachelors from Germany Or Switzerland as education is free and it only cost 4 lakh per year and also engg. is there for only 3 years instead of 4 years. I prefer doing engg in CS or IT

So guys please help me out.

Tell me anything and everything u know about education in Germany or Switzerland links, websites , places nearby gurgaon etc.

I want to go to a country for studying .
And I want to go any country developed .
Just go and don't think anything more .
Its a great way to study in a good place .

ranjan82

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for sharing this useful information. It will definitely help all who wants to go overseas for study purpose. Germany is one of the popular destination for studies. One of the beautiful country. Can anyone share information about some of top colleges in Germany and their fees structures. What are the basic requirement for getting admission in German colleges. And i have listen that study is cheap or free in german. So i am so excited about it.

OP
mohityadavx

mohityadavx

Youngling
Oh the nostalgia! I had completely forgotten about this, unfortunately I couldn't help you much as I dropped the ball on Germany, and on engineering. It wasn't meant to be, I took law as a career option, despite the advice rendered I did gave a law examination called CLAT, (Common law Admission Test), gave only this law exam and kinda aced it and made it to the National Law University, Lucknow, did a year there, despite being a state owned institution and having the 'NLU' tag I chucked it and joined a private institute in Sonipat, Haryana called 'Jindal Global law School'. Its bit expensive but I got the full tuition waiver so worked out for me pretty well.

With regard to Germany in particular, follow the DAAD India page and see if there are any seminars nearby. Also go through their website , you will find most of the details there. DAAD often conducts seminars in Delhi and possibly other cities as well, so do call them up and clarify about the same. People at DAAD are helpful and will help you in getting clarification with regard to the same. In case you have made up your mind, start learning German, you will need some B2/B1 (or something similar sort of proficiency initially or you would have to learn it there, so better get a headstart, and if I may, do try Duolingo, its an excellent free app to learn foreign languages).

As for others who are not as confident as some of the other mates here, do try the road less taken, it may be worthwhile to do so. I am glad that I am doing law right now, its way more fun than anything I have studies so far, opportunities come and go, make the most of what you got. I write this sitting here in Canada pursuing a semester exchange program at a law school widely acclaimed as to be amongst the top 3 law schools in the country. I got this again on a full tuition fee waiver so not that expensive as it could be. So far law has worked out pretty well for me, rest is for the future to decide. If you are focused and hellbent on doing engineering, good for you, but if you are skeptical or if don't think Sciences can be your mistress for another 4 grueling years, there is always the other door, don't shut it too soon, do give some alternative career exams, just for the fun, who knows you may not even feel like pursuing engineering after school. Last but not the least, just as an addon, starting salary in law if not more are as good as most of the salaries offered in engineering jobs, though you will have to study a year more. (Average salary at a decent law firm is 6 lpa, goes upto 15-16 lpa in domestic law firms, international firms pay upto 40 lpa but those are pretty too hard to get, See links for details (Law firm salaries, Litigation, In House Counsel)

Viel Glück!

Last edited:
Top Bottom