B85 vs H81 Chipset

crazypal24x7

Broken In
Hi guys,

Hey looking for a mbd for my Intel 4440 proc but lil bit confused whether to go for H81 or B85 , If I'm not wrong only diff between them is H81 has fewer options for expansions like USB 3.0 , only 2 SATA III ports, no Crossfire (which I m not gonna use neways) ....etc but cmon I am not gonna have more than 2 SATA III devices and even if I do say a new HDD , I guess 3G/s is more than enough for it.

So basically is it worth spending ~2.5K more which I not not gonna use it.

And I read that B85 mbd components are of low grade compared to H and Z series mbds , is this true ?
Kindly help me out

Last edited:
Refer to this thread instead: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/181235-intel-haswell-chipset-h81-vs-b85.html

OP
C

crazypal24x7

Broken In
Thanks for replying but

what abt de

1> "And I read that B85 mbd components are of low grade compared to H and Z series mbds , is this true ?"

2>As far as Performance or quality of components is concerned , is there any diff ?

Last edited:
Thanks for replying but

what abt de

1> "And I read that B85 mbd components are of low grade compared to H and Z series mbds , is this true ?"

2>As far as Performance or quality of components is concerned , is there any diff ?

> It's not that B85 boards are of low quality, its just that H and Z boards are of higher quality. I'm having an H61 board (one of the low end chipset) and I'm still overclocking IGP with it!

> Again, B85 boards don't use bad components, just inferior components compared to H and Z series chipset boards.

OP
C

crazypal24x7

Broken In
> It's not that B85 boards are of low quality, its just that H and Z boards are of higher quality. I'm having an H61 board (one of the low end chipset) and I'm still overclocking IGP with it!

> Again, B85 boards don't use bad components, just inferior components compared to H and Z series chipset boards.

what abt performance ?

OP
C

crazypal24x7

Broken In
There is no performance difference between different chipsets. Its the CPU that does the processing, not the chipset. Chipsets only manage SATA ports, IO functionalities etc, not the processing.

thanx mate

So the bottom line is that the only diff is more options for expansions and superior components

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Is this true that B85 D3H Supports only 32-bit windows 7/8 OS

Gigabyte B85M-D3H - PCQuest

most motherboard manufactures write on their product spec page like this
Due to a Windows 32-bit Operating System Limitation, When More than 4 GB of Physical Memory is Installed, the Actual Memory Size Displayed will be Less than the Size of the Physical Memory Installed.
he might have it wrongly interpreted.
if that is the case, WTH it comes with 4 memory slots? Just ignore it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom