avoding overheat releted problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
how can i make sure my prosscesor dont get overheated...... if it does is there any software that can monitor & then shutdown the pc autometicaly??

swatkat

Technomancer
use a Cabinet Fan also, to keep the air circulating....
yeah.there r softwares whicl cool the processor, they do this by making CPU to enter sleep or idle state (by executing HLT instruction) when it gets heated...
popular ones r Rain 2.0 , Waterfall.....

*www.majorgeeks.com/download437.html
*www.majorgeeks.com/download430.html
*downloads.vnunet.com/download/processor/cpuidle/_168.html

KHUBBU

Journeyman
ok I'm also posting my prob in this thread. plz do help.

MBM 5 shows that my CPU temp is 70 C. same is with sissoft Sandra 2004.
But my pc never gets hanged, even if I play nfs ug2 continous for 2-3 hrs.

I have a zenith PC, 2.8 HT, 128x2 ddr 400 hynix ram, Asrock 865 mobo, wd 80 gb 7200 rpm + 20gb seagate 5400 rpm, cd-rw and dvd rom. win xp sp2.

The smps unit in my cabinet is not fixed horizontally instead its vertical and almost blocks the cpu fan. Its like this:

B A
C D
Ideally it shud be like:
A
B D
C

A - SMPS
B - connection panel
C- pci slots
D - space for connecting a fan

I hav tried removing the smps from its position temporarily but then also the temp remains same. I had even placed a table fan in front of the comp with panels open and spms removed from its position but still it showed 70C.The newer version of mbm does not lists my mobo, cant configure it.

The bios shows temp of 37 C.

Also i hav reduced my ram latencies the system is working fine, whether its divx encoding, mp3 encoding, tv recording, playing games with onboard extreme 2, everything works fine.

Plz help.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
The bios shows temp of 37 C.
though i am not a hardware expt but still i will ask u to trust ur bios stats......

& for me... i download a lot..... so pc stay alone & keeps downloading while i am out side or doing some thing else.... my OS is winXP SP2... & i am on AMD Athlon 2600XP+ Asus A7V8XMX-SE......

my pc never gets hanged, even if I play nfs ug2 continous for 2-3 hrs.

is that mean running purticular software makes CPU overheat..... then what about my use??

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
@khubbu

cpu heating is a serious problem but yes u shud trust ur bios reading coz they are directly linked to ur system.....softwares mite mess up reading ur fan speed....twud be better if u keep ur system ventilated since itsa fast cpu (ht 2.8)...

ps- u dunt need table fans to cool ur processors or we wud be getting table fans free with pcs.... :D :D :D :lol:

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@khubbu : change the cabinet man . i think its the one where u can twist the side panels of the cabinet to let in air , if i aint mistaken . a friend brought it and i told him to replace it at once , since it heated up not only the processor , but also the m/b , ram and other devices . Plus i think its shorter too , so no proper air flow . get a bigger cabinet , with provisions to fix intake fan in front , out let fan behind , and some even have intake fan provisions on the side panel .

@cheeta : ur m/b has a provision to shutdown when a certain temp is reached , make sure u have it in the min temp to shutdown set . What temperatures are u getting anyway ?Usually cleaning the heat sink of dust itself reduces the temp of the processor by around 5 C . More specs would be ideal to help further . if ur getting too high temperatures and still unable to reduce them , try reducing the speed of fsb to 266 (133) . since downloading might not need such a high speed it would reduce ur temperature and keep it well below any harm . but if ur sticking to encoding and hard processor power , keep it at 333(166) in the dip switch on ur m/b

swatkat

Technomancer
try VCool and also CPUidle, which is the first CPU cooling software, both work in XP....
*vcool.occludo.net/vc_install.html
*www.cpuidle.de/downloads.php

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@cheeta : got the same m/b and pro as urs . after cleaning the pc of dust and stuff ( u never know what u can find inside ;) ) , it runs at a stable 45 C . after a couple of months it goes to stable 50 C for normal operations and 57-59 during divx conversions . Mind u this is with 2 additional cabinet fans . Check if there are any asus probe updates , since it might be old and might give bad readings . Anyway , just make sure nothing is blocking the pro fan . try keeping the tower on top of the table , as opposed to many people burying it in the provisions in tables given below and not so ventilated . If u have a front intake fan , it might help in cooling ur hdd too , especially the new faster ones which tend to heat up

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
70 Degrees and no lock ups? Hmm, what's your motherboard model? Maybe its reading the thermal diodes wrongly. You did say the newer version of MBM does not list your mobo, and that should mean its trying to read something that's not true. I think its just a case of the software trying to read the wrong TM diode. 'Coz at 70 degrees C, you WILL face a problem.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@klinux
it might help in cooling ur hdd too
yes good piont u made..... i am such a foooool :oops: :oops: :oops: never thought about that...... yup HDD takes all the blows..... any thing (any software) thats keeps the HDD healthy??

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Use HDD Temperature. You can download it here:

*www.hddtemp.com/home/download.html

But the BEST thing to do is to get a hard disk cooler that has a separate enclosure and a fan that the hard disk goes into. Its added cost, but its worth it if your HDD temperature rises to alarming levels.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@enoonmai

well none of the files r working on ur link...

i use samsung 80GB puma...... does samsung it self has any software??

swatkat

Technomancer
i think MBM has a problem with reading temperature of CPU...when i was using it, it was always warning me of high temp, whereas my BIOS showed normal temps......
may it does not read correctly from LM 78 or LM 79 motherboard chips which sense the temperatures...
BIOS alos uses these same chips to read out temperature info, so theoritically both should be same.....

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Everest home edition gives u readings for ur hdd .
@Cheeta : man , u got a digi cam or something ??? . if so please take a snap of ur sys from the outside , inside and where its positioned in ur room to get a better idea on how to kool ur rig . till then try giving ur cabinet specs and others

*www.lavalys.com/
*www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@saurav: I just triple checked the link, its working fine. Add this link to your download manager if you dont want to visit the website.

*www.hddtemp.com/hddt1.exe

Just set it to hibernate your computer when the temperature goes up. Make sure you keep your computer dust-free. A nice blast of air from a vaccuum cleaner in blower mode should take care of most of the dust and you can go after the rest with a camel-hair brush. That should give your computer some much needed breathing space. Also, consider installing another fan in your cabinet.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I just triple checked the link, its working fine. Add this link to your download manager if you dont want to visit the website.

ya download is starting.... but the file bound to be corupted.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom