Avengers: Infinity War [Spoilers]

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Spoilers are allowed in here.

so

*Spoiler Warning*

*ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BOTg0ODU3ODY2NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTg4MjkzNTM@._V1_QL50_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,937_AL_.jpg

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Okay, liked every phase 3 movie so far

Doctor Strange: Psychedelic and epic visuals. This was spectacular.
GOTG 2: Fun, full of humour
Black Panther: Brilliant political subtext
Ragnarok: Off-beat humour, explores perspectives of the characters. Epic slow motion scenes used cutting edge dynamic light tech from satellite lab.

Every movie in Phase 3 had something really special going for it, offering something more than "just another superhero movie". Infinity War was just a big canvas, nothing really special going for it apart from that. It was not big enough considering Disney acquired Fox. Silver Surfer and Wolverine both had big roles to play in the Infinity Gauntlet series in the comics.
Some parts were too rushed. They could have explored a bit more about who was casting the illusion on Vision, Wanda or Vision himself. They have a seriously dysfunctional relationship, which we only got hints of. Not sure if Cap was meant to be Nomad or not. Others bits were too slow. Guardians got unnecessary footage. That long discussion on whether or not Star Lord is fat, and him going on a diet, and eating dumbbells... whole thing fell flat imo. Then there was another boring sequence on which grenades to pick. Like seriously, Draxx and his munching the Zarg Nuts dragged so much. Why would Mantis randomly show up and say Hi? lol

Asgard needs some serious explanations. Like where is Valkyrie? Still out on a mission?

Thor was epic though. And Maximoff.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Watched it again. Liked it a bit more the second time around.

Looks like Vision was casting the glamour on himself, as it fails just when he gets wounded by Corvus Glaive.

Anyone noticed The Matrix reference on Titan? When Star Lord asks Gamora to go right, and she goes left, and Star Lord says "the other right".

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
There is a way that the future movies can continue without bringing the dead heroes back... I hope this happens because then this movie would be for nothing

Black Panther 2: Shuri becomes Black Panther
Spiderman: Miles Morales becomes Spiderman, already teased in Homecoming
GOTG3: Rocket and Nebula join the Ravagers. What happened to Kraglin? Kraglin too...

Doctor Strange: This one is a problem because the movie is named after the man, and not the hero, or the Sorcerer Supreme. But don't think a sequel is announced anyway.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Post-Infinity War: what's next for the Avengers?

Post-Infinity War: what's next for the Avengers?

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a way that the future movies can continue without bringing the dead heroes back... I hope this happens because then this movie would be for nothing

GOTG3: Rocket and Nebula join the Ravagers. What happened to Kraglin? Kraglin too...

Doctor Strange: This one is a problem because the movie is named after the man, and not the hero, or the Sorcerer Supreme. But don't think a sequel is announced anyway.
Nope,in comics world death is never permanent.Even in original comics storyline all the damage done by infinity gauntlet was eventually undone so expect the same in movies too.

P.S.In anime world Dragonball Z is the most famous example of this.

Flash

Lost in speed
Avengers Infinity War shock: SILVER SURFER confirmed? Look who is playing him

I expected him to appear till the post credit scenes, as several sites like above, posted SS will appear in IW because of the casting.

Maybe Silver surfer was cut out from the movie, because of run time?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Avengers Infinity War shock: SILVER SURFER confirmed? Look who is playing him

I expected him to appear till the post credit scenes, as several sites like above, posted SS will appear in IW because of the casting.

Maybe Silver surfer was cut out from the movie, because of run time?
The deal with fox isn't completed yet. You can't change the plot in post-production. Otherwise that would've cost disney way too much, probably a lawsuit as well.

Flash

Lost in speed

Highly unlikely. What if the whole movie is one of the future which was foreseen by Strange via the time stone in which they should've won, but failed because of Star lord's sudden actions? The possibilities are endless.

Like that, they won't kill off the characters that easily, as the entire MCU depends on them. Those heroes which were dead, can always be brought back by Time stone, as evident by Thanos rolls back time resurrecting Vision for the mind stone, and then killing him again.

However, the mantle can be passed to others without killing the main character and writing them off like making Bucky/Sam as next captain.

and one more thing "Soul world", which i guess is depicted as the orange world where Thanos meets little Gamora after he wiped 1/2 of earth. In my guess, the heroes are not really dead but they're (ie,. souls) getting trapped inside the Soul stone (like in the comics.)

Last edited:

Flash

Lost in speed
Avengers 4 spoilers: Entire plot 'leaked' – and it's seriously dark

Seems exciting. Only time till tell.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Too late to the party. Didn't know this thread existed.
Anyway, having read no comics, having watched no trailer, having no idea what I was going into, I felt too sad once the movie finished.

Like, Every effing superhero DIED. WTF! Yes, they may come back next time around, but the way this movie did "Bahubali" was not expected. So I felt sad. And kinda cheated.

Maybe it should have named, "Infinity Wars 1" so that I had appropriate expectations. :|

Flash

Lost in speed
Too late to the party. Didn't know this thread existed.
Anyway, having read no comics, having watched no trailer, having no idea what I was going into, I felt too sad once the movie finished.

Like, Every effing superhero DIED. WTF! Yes, they may come back next time around, but the way this movie did "Bahubali" was not expected. So I felt sad. And kinda cheated.

Maybe it should have named, "Infinity Wars 1" so that I had appropriate expectations. :|
Rumours that next "Infinity Wars 2" movie will be called
Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet.

Top Bottom