Status
Not open for further replies.

techsammy

Right off the assembly line
I have windows xp running on my system with sp2 i would like to know what are the patchers meant for and do i need to install these patcher over the sp 2?

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Autopatcher contains updates, many applications and some tweaks to improve speed and performance of windows.

Like it contains WMP's new releases.

I always copy many useful things from its folder, like updates required for my windows, WMP's latest version, etc. :D

anandk

Distinguished Member
ya. it has some rather imp updates. instead of downloading updates, u get em here.
its useful to use autopatcher. create a system restore point first.
then run it.
select what u want to install, and go ahead.

choudang

Padawan
you should go for Auto patcher instead of downloading all the patches and critical updates from microsoft or updating windows. It will help to make your system healthy. but when i installed Autopatcher August edn .. its slowing down your machine. i don't know why. most importanly SP3 has been realeased [third party installer, size 100 MB]

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
The rest of the stuff is okay but the things to look out is for the latest MSN Messenger+ Malicious Software Removal Tool which is really very effective. Each of these patches are unistallable by a simple tool called Hotfixes Mechanic in the Autopatcher folder which can be removed in case of an instability after installation. You can add new wallpapers, themes, sort your start menu, speed up your common ms programs and also edit the module to install a program for u automatically so that you won't have to do it again & again.
However, there is one fix relating to 'Your comp. stops responding after SP installation'. This one never installs on my system & always hangs it up. So, it's always out of my selection.
Savvy!

C

cybermanas

The Autopatcher contains the latest security updates released by Microsoft for Windows XP .In addition to it also contains the latest versions for WMP10,MSN Messenger.So in short you can update your Windows XP without any hassles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom