Audio not working properly after MSI HD 7850 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_steel

Broken In
Hi guys,

Just a week back I installed MSI HD7850 and since then the Audio is not working properly (lyrics are missing and audio seems to be distorted). I am using a DVI to VGA adapter that i got with the card to connect to my CRT monitor.

So I:

1. Updated the AMD Catalyst drivers to the latest 12.8 version.

2. I uninstalled the Realtek Onboard HD audio drivers and re-installed with the latest version.

3. I also checked the Onboard sound devices in BIOS, it is set to Enabled (HD Audio)

but sound does not improve.

Here is the screenshot of Playback devices:

playback.PNG

and here is the screenshot of the device manager:
Device manager.PNG

can anybody help me regarding this, I cannot think for any other troubleshooting option except a sound card. Thanks

Specs: Asus P8Z68V pro, CM GX550 W, Gskill Rip Jaws 4*2 GB, CM EVO 212 cooler, i5 2500k, MSI R7850 HD, CM 431 plus

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Everything is what it should be. May be due to electrical interference?
May be you should change the position of your graphics card to second PCI-E slot of your motherboard just to whether it solves the problem or not.

OP
M

max_steel

Broken In
Thanks d6bmg, I'll try this and see if it works.

I was wondering could it be because of the adapter that I am using and not the direct HDMI/DVI port?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
which speakers are you using. can you check with a head phone on the same port as well as the front audio port?

OP
M

max_steel

Broken In
which speakers are you using. can you check with a head phone on the same port as well as the front audio port?

Thanks for the suggestion RCuber, when I checked the back audio port with my headphone ( Sennheiser HD 202) it was working fine. Atleast now I can hear something :)

I'll open the cabinet tomorrow and check if the cables of front audio port are connected correctly and also check for possibility of interference from power cables (though am not sure it).

Otherwise I may swap the PCI e slots as suggested by d6BMG.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
can you check your speakers by connecting it to another audio source.. say a mobile phone or MP3 player?

OP
M

max_steel

Broken In
Audio is back now :lol: both in the back and front audio panels. Though am not sure what really worked. Yesterday I just switched to back audio panel and it was working and today I opened the cabinet to check wiring which was fine, checked the front panel again and it was working now.

Earlier the sound was very distorted/garbled (like coming from a tin can) and the voice/lyrics was not audible.

Thanks to Rcuber and d6bmg for suggestions.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - disable the ATI HDMI audio under device manager to be free from any further issue and nice to know that you've solved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom