ATI Radeon HD 8800 series leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Well here is the leak of ATI Radeon 8800 Series :hyper: which well their next.. GEN CARD(s)
Apparently VideoCardz received some insider information on the AMD Radeon HD 8800 series. Codenamed “Oland” the new HD 8800 series will be using the same process as the current GCN based “Pitcairn” cards, but do seem to up the ante with a much higher transistor count, in addition to some seriously high clock speeds as well as boosted speeds.

78a-600x265.jpg

What’s interesting to see is the lower price point, especially with the HD 8850 that, on paper at least, seems to be better than the HD 7870. Time will tell if this leak is true, but in case it is, the next generation of cards from AMD seems to be an exciting times for PC gamers where AMD will once again be competing not just on performance, but price as well.

If you want SOURCE

btw looks really very Gooood in(PRICE:-D)

aryankratos

Broken In
Well here is the leak of ATI Radeon 8800 Series :hyper: which well their next.. GEN CARD(s)
Apparently VideoCardz received some insider information on the AMD Radeon HD 8800 series. Codenamed “Oland” the new HD 8800 series will be using the same process as the current GCN based “Pitcairn” cards, but do seem to up the ante with a much higher transistor count, in addition to some seriously high clock speeds as well as boosted speeds.

View attachment 7107

What’s interesting to see is the lower price point, especially with the HD 8850 that, on paper at least, seems to be better than the HD 7870. Time will tell if this leak is true, but in case it is, the next generation of cards from AMD seems to be an exciting times for PC gamers where AMD will once again be competing not just on performance, but price as well.

If you want SOURCE

btw looks really very Gooood in(PRICE:-D)
bang....now what should i do.....i mean should i go for hd 7870 or i need to wait for releasing 8800 series??:|

RON28

Cyborg Agent
^^^dude wait for 8 series then...why in a hurry?

pricing is really good...call me AMD fanboy but i like AMD graphic cards a lot.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^^dude wait for 8 series then...why in a hurry?

pricing is really good...call me AMD fanboy but i like AMD graphic cards a lot.
+1 to you,@RON28.
I am also waiting bro to change my OLD/ANCIENT XFX ATi Radeon HD4650 GDDR2 to something new of the mid-lower range of HD Radeon 8000...particularly of HD Radeon 8600 series or HD Radeon 8700 series(SINGLE SLOT PREFERABLE) with no extra 6-pin/8-pin PCI-e connectors.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
1.Next year when 8000 series come out, 9000 series will be leaked and then they will never buy thinking the next series would be better

True. I was intended to buy sandybridge but due to several reasons, i thought to buy ivybridge then. Then Haswell road maps are leaked with much better specs(eye catching). Waiting for it to be launched. :D

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I doubt going by that whether you could ever purchase anything. There's always better options around the corner. ;)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Lol the never ending wait :p I waited 2 generations (since the ati 4xxx series) before finally I couldn't take it anymore and bought the 6850 :p
Soon afterwards the 7850 came out. :| :|
But it was out of budget anyway so no regrets.

Point here is this wait will never end as there will always be something better coming out in the future ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
no release date announced or even predicted .. currently there's no need for AMD to release a new gen gfx card though if nvidia comes up with some thing extra ordinary only then you may see HD 8 series cards at the Q3/Q4 of the next year - the whole thing is a prediction only .. so don't count on it ;-)

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
Currently...the best thing ATI can do right now is play the wait game...let Nvidia release their cards first or may be one or two cards......work on their existing architecture,strength it,plug the loop holes that were present in the current architecture.....!
Their current lineup are doin good...its not that their cards are churning up <15 frames....so really no need to release newer cards...as it would and can back fire,as current users have already purchasing their products which are not even year old..!

sukesh1090

Adam young
ok guys who are waiting for this 8800 as told by others will wait for frever and you will never buy a card.better buy what best you can get at your budget and have fun.there is no need for AMD to hurry in releasing a new card as already there cards winning by a slight margin over nvidia ones after the new driver release.so rather that waiting buy a card and be happy with gaming.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Currently...the best thing ATI can do right now is play the wait game...let Nvidia release their cards first or may be one or two cards......work on their existing architecture,strength it,plug the loop holes that were present in the current architecture.....!
Their current lineup are doin good...its not that their cards are churning up <15 frames....so really no need to release newer cards...as it would and can back fire,as current users have already purchasing their products which are not even year old..!

I think this is exactly what AMD is doing right now ;-)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
This time around I would love AMD to really shake the price factor. We have nice enough performance at almost all level, but the pricing is simply not right. Bring back the HD4000 time.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't you think this is good enough :

Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition - starts at $430
Radeon HD 7970 standard - starts at $410
Radeon HD 7950 Boost - starts at $300
Radeon HD 7950 standard - starts at $290
Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition - starts at $240
Radeon HD 7850 2 GB - starts at $200

on newegg HD7850 2GB is available for as low as $185 and 1GB is $180 ;-)

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^^Topgear...dont u think these prices are not being translated here....as the previous generation prices were....?
So nothing beneficial for us here....i even couldnt find a hd7870 hawk here...nobody has it,as it has been sold only in US & europe...!

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
but bro what AMD can do about it.its the value of rupees which is making us to pay more and greedy sellers.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
^^But for example the price of any card around $200 should have been around 14.5K(all taxes &sales value inc) at maximum when dollar @55 rupees but ....i think the case here is of greedy distributors and more greedy retailers....!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom