ATI 1950 pro AGP card

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
HI I was recently looking for my friend for a fast agp card so got 1950pro online for him , but before even checking the card he buyed a new motherboard with a pcie slot so this card which i got online now is useless.
I have checked it on another motherboard and it works flawlessly .

The card is manafactured by powercolor and has dual DVI connectors and supports HDCP .It has 256 mb ddr3 ram and 256 bit interference . the package includes DVI adapter, component video cable for hooking the card up to an HDTV, S-Video cable, composite cable .It has no warranty since i got it online and was previously used for 8 months .You can always check the card before paying.
This card is certainly the fastest agp card availabe , take a look at 3d mark 06 score i got when i checked it on my friends pc which includes amd64 3400+ and 1.5gb ram
Resolution Score
1280*1024*32 4470
shader model 2.0 score is 1725 and 3.o score is 1895 at 1280*1024*32.

Those who have old board with agp slot then this card is for you if you want to play all the latest games. I am expecting 5k for it , you can suggest your price but dont forget that this is an agp card not pcie so post wisely .

Buyers from mumbai are welcomed and also they can check the card on their pc before paying .

curious: what was the cost of this card when you bought it ? Any comparison with an 8xxx series graphics card ? My friend also is looking for a good AGP card, so I want ideas.

imgame2

Padawan
curious: what was the cost of this card when you bought it ? Any comparison with an 8xxx series graphics card ? My friend also is looking for a good AGP card, so I want ideas.

if u want decent gaming at 1280x1024 at max setting in most of the games (except oblivion and few others) this is the best card u can get thats is x1950 pro( also check tomshardware recommended graphics card for last month (march '08)),also remember AGP cards are hard to come by these days,and as far as i know 8xxx series is no available in AGP so this card is compititer of 7950 gs and 7900gs and Gt series,its much better card that the GS counterpart but GT wins in some games by margin,still its good (naah best card ..) for the money for AGP,also if u compare it with 8400 and 8600 counterpart ...it performs better then both of them,look for the comparision on various site they will justify what i m saying,so if u got hold of one its good to have have card,

also do keep in mind u must know ur moniter's max resolution,most of them support max 1600x1200 so this card perfrom very decent in many games (with combinations of settings)

also ATI has relased a card called HD 3850 512Mb AGP 8X best card u can get for AGP,if u have a good system and want to drag it for few more years and stuck just with AGP slot this is the best bet u can get its performace is compareable to 8800 cards but again u can't compare AGP and PCIe cards justily so .....

i hope u would have got answers for ur questions

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
yes this is the best agp card out there in indian market direct x 9 gaming is better then 8600gt and on par with 8600gts infact even better in some games , i had got this card for 5k +shipping charges on e bay .( i had buyed a secondhand card , new one costs around 8.5k or more)

also do keep in mind u must know ur moniter's max resolution,most of them support max 1600x1200 so this card perfrom very decent in many games (with combinations of settings)
one more thing ,also check the psu since this card is power hungry and needs atleast 450w psu to perform with full capicity, i had to buy a new psu just to test the card !!

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
yes this is the best agp card out there in indian market direct x 9 gaming is better then 8600gt and on par with 8600gts infact even better in some games , i had got this card for 5k +shipping charges on e bay .( i had buyed a secondhand card , new one costs around 8.5k or more)

one more thing ,also check the psu since this card is power hungry and needs atleast 450w psu to perform with full capicity, i had to buy a new psu just to test the card !!
where do u get it for 8.5k?please tell me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom