Athlon Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00t

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I was using Athlon 1.1 GHz on Asus A7VI-VM mobo till recently, when the mobo decided to overheat and generally blow up!

I want to keep my processor and other stuff intact, and would ideally like to have a new motherboard which would support my processor... can you guys suggest any?

OP
Z

z00t

Right off the assembly line
Could you also give typical prices for these mobo's in your local market, and any performance reviews.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
The A7N8X-E suggested by swatkat is a very good board but has no onboard video. If you've been using the onboard video of your old board, you won't be able to do that with the A7N8X-E, and you'll have to buy a separate card. The A7N8X-VM has onboard video but has fewer bells and whistles such SATA, Gigabit LAN, fewer PCI slots. From my regular supplier : A7N8X-E = 7k, A7N8X-VM = 5.4k.

You may also want to consider a C18G-400 which is actually a Biostar M7NCG-400, marketed in India by Priya under their brand Krypton. This board is similar to the Asus A7N8X-VM, but has better features and costs considerably less - 4.1k. It's quite popular in western countries as a good economy board. I'm using one right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom