Journeyman
hmmmm

aravind_n20 said:
Hey Im on my way to a new system.
AMD 3000+(939)-7250/-
MSI RS 480 M2-4400/-
2*256Transcend400MHZ-3000/-
------------------------------
I have a doubt bout this mobo.For 4400 it is very cheap, but is it a good quality mobo?????I can,t believe a 939 mobo with onboard ATI X200 graphics for unbelievable 4400 bucks.Is it worth buying????
If not can anyone suggest a good 939 mobo with PCIE x16 slot for around 6k.

i have a doubt abt the mobo too when you are investing in a 939 pin pro then why compromise here its better to go for asus nfrce4 with pci-e.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
MSI RS 480M2 is a decent board and its become a hotseller just for the fact that it is the only socket 939 mobo with onboard grafix as well as pci-e architecture .. also it has most of the usual features such as SATA,RAID,USB 2.0 , decent onboard sound , etc... the value part is that it has integrated grafix based on the x300 core and lets u play any current game at low/medium settings... go for this board if u r on a tight budget else go for a nforce 4 ultra board coupled with a pcie card. for nforce 4 ultra u may buy msi k8 neo 4 platiunum or asus a8ne .. i like the platinum series though.

sagsall4u

Journeyman
hmmm

mohit said:
MSI RS 480M2 is a decent board and its become a hotseller just for the fact that it is the only socket 939 mobo with onboard grafix as well as pci-e architecture .. also it has most of the usual features such as SATA,RAID,USB 2.0 , decent onboard sound , etc... the value part is that it has integrated grafix based on the x300 core and lets u play any current game at low/medium settings... go for this board if u r on a tight budget else go for a nforce 4 ultra board coupled with a pcie card. for nforce 4 ultra u may buy msi k8 neo 4 platiunum or asus a8ne .. i like the platinum series though.

so mohit . could you tell me what are the diffrences betn the mobo's . i can tell you 1 the are priced at two extremes ... so there must be some diffrence.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@sagsall4u
the difference will be seen in perfomance mostly ... and u can check the specs at their website... one thing i noted was the msi k8neo4 platinum has support for sata 2 and also it will support the amd dual core processors with the help of a bios update (i am not realllly sure about this but i read it somewhere) ... also the platinum series are highly ocable boards and known for their stability and perfomance.

even if u couple the rs480m2 with a powerful card such as the x800xl or something and compare it with the k8neo4 platinum on a 6600gt or 6800 ultra using the same ram and procc .... the results will favour the platinum and i think with a gooood margin. nforce 4 ultra is a gamers chipset and rs480 is just value for money.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@magnet
thats not true ... MSI provides 3 year warranty not guarantee and it has 30 authorised service centres in India.

check with ur dealer though. most dealers (for any product such as procc,mobo,hdd) provide only 1 year warranty and the remaining they ask u to claim from the company directly as they want to escape the hassles involved.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I Prefer the 754 Pin coz its Cheaper and its gonna run along for the 939 For long more time now !!!

Ans AMD will b launching More 754 soc Processors after the 3700+ !!

Cheers !!!

Socket 754 is nearing its end.
Production of socket 754 CPUs has STOPPED.Whatever you get now is from old stock.

Its official RIP date is somewhere around September this year,not sure though. :wink:

I have a doubt bout this mobo.For 4400 it is very cheap, but is it a good quality mobo?????I can,t believe a 939 mobo with onboard ATI X200 graphics for unbelievable 4400 bucks.Is it worth buying????
If not can anyone suggest a good 939 mobo with PCIE x16 slot for around 6k.

1]I have a doubt bout this mobo.For 4400 it is very cheap,------>where are you getting it so cheap ??? the board still costs approx 5.7k

2] If not can anyone suggest a good 939 mobo with PCIE x16 slot for around 6k.------> I dont know of any option in this board.infact afaik,there isnt any board in that price bracked other than the MSI RS480.

the difference will be seen in perfomance mostly ... and u can check the specs at their website... one thing i noted was the msi k8neo4 platinum has support for sata 2 and also it will support the amd dual core processors with the help of a bios update (i am not realllly sure about this but i read it somewhere) ... also the platinum series are highly ocable boards and known for their stability and perfomance.

one thing i noted was the msi k8neo4 platinum has support for sata 2 and also it will support the amd dual core processors with the help of a bios update--------> Same is true for Asus A8N-E also. :wink:

also the platinum series are highly ocable boards and known for their stability and perfomance.-----> MSI boards,no matter which board,do have some problems.Not that all boards have em but still they are not as rock solid as Asus.
Well the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum was a legend,excellent overclocker,cant say so for the MSI NF4 range.Infact they have turned out to be pretty mediocre and people still buy the Neo2 Plat.
Asus A8N-E is a very good overclocker compared to MSI NF4Ultra.Had that board.
I had hit 2.8 GHz on a winchester 3000+ :twisted:
Also MSI boards offer Vdimm only upto 2.85V
Asus allows upto 3V

even if u couple the rs480m2 with a powerful card such as the x800xl or something and compare it with the k8neo4 platinum on a 6600gt or 6800 ultra using the same ram and procc .... the results will favour the platinum and i think with a gooood margin. nforce 4 ultra is a gamers chipset and rs480 is just value for money.
I dont thinks so.
Performance wise the ATI Bullhead or rather the RX/RS480 chipset is on par the Nforce 4 series.

I dont think chipset will make much of a difference.
also since the A64 came the importance of the chipset hasnt remained significant enough.I know the RS480 is still in its infancy but hey its not slow.
I have used this board and believe me there is NO performance difference between the 2 chipsets.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@darklord
i was not comparing between the asus a8n-e and msi k8n4 plat ... i was comparing between the rs480 and msi k8n4 plat.

and ya u r one hell of a overclocker man ... i bet u knw things better so agreed that asus a8n-e is better. but coming to msi boards i think k8n4 plat is anyday better than the rs480 ... rs480 is attractively priced and plus has good onboard gpu but many a times boards with onboard vga dont perform as expected when compared with boards without vga dats y i pefer the k8n4 plat ... . and regarding probs with msi boards , i havent come across any ... but again u knw better... and ya even asus has probs at times like we knw its a8n sli deluxe had lots of issues.

shri

Always Fresh!
I'm really confused.

Is it ASUS A8N-E or ASUS K8N-E?

Can anyone quote the price of MSI K8N and the ASUS *8N......

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@shri

MSI K8 NEO 4 PLATINUM (939 Socket) - around 9200/-

ASUS A8N-E (939 Socket) - around 9000/-

both the above boards are based on the nforce 4 ultra chipset and support the amd athlon 64 bit 939 pin processor. both dont have onboard gpu.

there is another board ,
ASUS K8NE DELUXE but this is for the socket 754 amd processor.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
but coming to msi boards i think k8n4 plat is anyday better than the rs480

I dont see how these 2 boards are even comparable,they both belong to a different league. :wink:

RS480 is a value board and performs as well as the Nforce4 Ultra chipset.Yes there are some minor glitches with it but hey this board as well as chipset is new. :roll:

ya even asus has probs at times like we knw its a8n sli deluxe had lots of issues.

Care to name a few ? cos i had that board, didnt face any major issue which related to stable operation. 8)

ASUS A8N-E (939 Socket) - around 9000/-

Its 8,100/- VAT inclusive. :wink:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
I think you are hijacking a thread,please refrain from doing so or you may be warned by the Mods.

Open a new thread for your query.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom