Athlon 64 And Asus K8N

Status
Not open for further replies.

d

Journeyman
I'm upgrading to an Athlon 64 and an Asus K8N Motherboard. I have an FX 5200 (XFX) video card and creative 4.1 SB digital sound card, Samsung 40-12-40 CD-RW and Sony DVD Rom and a Seagate Barracuda IDE 160GB Hard-drive. I will probably be running Windows XP Professional SP2, or XP x64, If i can get it. IS there any place in Chennai where I can get XP x64? Also, are there any probable issues I might have with the hardware mentioned above, and the processor/motherboard?

parimal

Journeyman
No issues.....A64 and Asus K8N is a winning combo..!! But if you can spend more money get 939 CPU and MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum. You'll be getting PCIe just to make it more futureproof!! And nForce 4 Ultra is the best you can get these days..!! Anyways.....Asus K8N is a fine board.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
why are u thinking of win64 ??? u'll face driver compatibility problems right now ... wait for the drivers to be launched..... use win32 with sp2 .....

dont worry about future compatibility .. heard the 7800's will have their own agp versions ....

and oh .. the athlon64 and the asu k8n mobo is a very goodbundle ...

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@rollcage
yo man it rocks.well mobo and proc r ok but if u can den go for a AMD 64(939 soc) and NForce 4 chipset far betta ofcourse if its in ur budget.3000+(939 soc),ASUS K8N4-E DLX or MSI K8N NEO Platinum if u can afford it.instead of Barracuda go for SATA if ur mobo Supports.

magnet

Youngling
btw i want to know why amd other process lik 3500+ or 3800+ or 4000+ process not available in india?????i guess latest one is only 3200+ process.......also if the dual core amd hits indian market mor will b the price fall in this 64 bit category???

D

Deleted member 5901

magnet said:
btw i want to know why amd other process lik 3500+ or 3800+ or 4000+ process not available in india?????i guess latest one is only 3200+ process.......also if the dual core amd hits indian market mor will b the price fall in this 64 bit category???

:arrow: Hey all these processors r available in INDIA !!

u Just have to get the right SOURCE !!!

Try contacting the AMD distributors them will help u out getting a nearby Dealer who can supply u with those PROCESSORS !!!

YES WHEN THE DUAL CORE COMES out PRICES WILL FALL BUT MARGINALLY !!!

COZ THE DUAL CORES WILL BE VERY EXPENSIVE !!!

So they Are'nt Gonna EFFECT the Single CORES !!!!

So DONT EXPECT TOO MUCH !!!!

CHEERS !!! :wink: :!:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@Aniruddh
Man why he go for 939, there is always a upper model...available...there is Athlon64 FX Isnt it!

d said:
Samsung 40-12-40 CD-RW and Sony DVD Rom and a Seagate Barracuda IDE 160GB Hard-drive.
Take PIONEER or Sony,..... Dont Buy Samsung(it $*** man)...

instead of Barracuda go for SATA if ur mobo Supports.
Yes, ASUS K8N has SATA support.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@d
which model of athon 64 (754 pin) are you going for ? go for a model higher than 2800+ ... and these processors are perfectly matched with the Asus K8N-E-Deluxe .. you will get good perfomance. and ya you can try to get the 64 bit windows xp if available in your area or download the trial from microsoft ... go for a Seagate SATA hdd and avoid samsung optical drives. go for sony/lite-on instead. 512 mb of ddr 400 mhz ram will be very helpful for ur rig... go for it and njoy !!!

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
3700 san deigo for 22500 may be

also, consider 939 , then only change mobo and graphic card later

also, for gaming fx 5200 ,notrecommended

Excellent choice as far as price and performance is concerned. Don't listen to the "cannot upgrade" camp. Atleast I don't listen to them :lol: . Generally I'd go in for a new PC every 1.5yrs or so. PC technology "has the shelf life of a banana" like someones signature on this forum says. When you buy a PC, buy it for today. Whatever you do, your PC will be an extinct dodo within no time.

Keith

sagsall4u

Journeyman
hmmmm

parimal said:
No issues.....A64 and Asus K8N is a winning combo..!! But if you can spend more money get 939 CPU and MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum. You'll be getting PCIe just to make it more futureproof!! And nForce 4 Ultra is the best you can get these days..!! Anyways.....Asus K8N is a fine board.
can u give me the expected price for that combo amd 64 3000+ and the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum..
anybody . pls

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@sagsall4u
well AMD 3000+(939soc) will cost u sumwhere around 7.5k and MSI K8N-Neo 4 platinum around 9k.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@Aniruddh
u goofed up buddy ... the board is MSI K8N-NEO 4 PLATINUM (AMD 939 ,NFORCE 4 ULTRA) - price - around 9 k . not 9000k ... lol :D

D

Deleted member 5901

I Prefer the 754 Pin coz its Cheaper and its gonna run along for the 939 For long more time now !!!

Ans AMD will b launching More 754 soc Processors after the 3700+ !!

Cheers !!!

sagsall4u

Journeyman
ha ha har har

Aniruddh said:
@sagsall4u
well AMD 3000+(939soc) will cost u sumwhere around 7.5k and MSI K8N-Neo 4 platinum around 9k.

now hey guys that explains the tag . and man anniruddd k meand 1000 so 9000 means 9k and 9g 's mean 90000 . i guess i'm right

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Hey Im on my way to a new system.
AMD 3000+(939)-7250/-
MSI RS 480 M2-4400/-
2*256Transcend400MHZ-3000/-
------------------------------
I have a doubt bout this mobo.For 4400 it is very cheap, but is it a good quality mobo?????I can,t believe a 939 mobo with onboard ATI X200 graphics for unbelievable 4400 bucks.Is it worth buying????
If not can anyone suggest a good 939 mobo with PCIE x16 slot for around 6k.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
If u r not sure about the MSI RS 480 M2,
first of all its a Micro ATX board,
the board is for buyers who more
importantly want onboard graphics.
To find more click Here
This is available for 3900. Its a low end card,
Dont take this,...since you have a budget of 6k.

If not can anyone suggest a good 939 mobo with PCIE x16 slot for around 6k.

Take a ASUS nforce4 motherboard

ASUS A8N-E

*www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=455&l1=3&l2=15&l3=171

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom