Asus Zenphone discussion thread - Z4, z5 , z6

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
the screen guard is good quality? not those plasticky guards, right?

This is how it looks after 1 year's worth of usage (I didn't wipe it clean :-D)
*i.imgur.com/kQBw3nO.jpg

*i.imgur.com/GBED57j.jpg

...but expensive @690 when I bought it. Basically it depends on how your phone lands on the floor. Mine already has a Gorilla Glass protection so a little exposed area doesn't hurts. I dropped my phone a couple of times, violently, and thanks to all kinds of protection, the phone received no damage :Fingerx:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Re: Asus Zenfone discussion thread - Z4, Z5 , Z6

Good antivirus/ internet security app best suited for ZenFone5 1.2 ghz processor without slowing down the phone.

Paid or free whichever will be secure for online transactions.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

Good antivirus/ internet security app best suited for ZenFone5 1.2 ghz processor without slowing down the phone.

Android does not need an antivirus.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

I also never used any but I'm worried for my online transactions which I will start making on my phone

$hadow

Geek in making

Try cm antivirus.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
My Zenfone 5's screen gone kaput.... :(
From bottom almost 60% there are lines & flickering al over While upper is ok. All functions are working properly.

Around 2.30 pm I connected it for charging as usual to redmi charger & suddenly found flickering screen at bottom part. Was the charger culprit??

Now worried if they will repair it free of cost or not :(

What could be the expense for Display only if the Touch is fine?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
My Zenfone 5's screen gone kaput.... :(
From bottom almost 60% there are lines & flickering al over While upper is ok. All functions are working properly.

Around 2.30 pm I connected it for charging as usual to redmi charger & suddenly found flickering screen at bottom part. Was the charger culprit??

Now worried if they will repair it free of cost or not :(

What could be the expense for Display only if the Touch is fine?

if its within warranty, and original charger is available, you can take it to the ASC, and tell them that the error started after putting it on charge. :p

you have to put up a good act and convince them that it wasnt due to a rogue charger ;)

- - - Updated - - -

So Zenphone 2 has been released or not, in India ?

*www.flipkart.com/search?q=asus+zenfone+2&as=on&as-show=on&otracker=start&as-pos=4_q_as

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

I have submitted the phone to service center on 17th i.e. last Friday.
I told them that it suddenly started, the screen got blackout while making call & immediately after that flickering started. The engineer examined [went into some service settings] & said we have to order the new display & it take 7-10 days. The entire top gorilla glass panel will be replaced without any cost.

Had called up today & the person over the phone told there is shortage of display units & it will take a week more.
Keeping my fingers crossed now.

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Update....

Few hours back I came to know that Asus is offering me brand new sealed pack piece as there is shortage of display panels. It will take few more days may be even a week as 1st, 2nd & 3rd May are holiday.
Not sure which colour. I asked for credit note of flipkart so that I can get any other phone but thats last option if that model is unavailable.

TN1978

New to this forum
Dear Friends, thanks for putting your great brains together. While I agree, ASUS is a great brand to consider a quality product from them... how about their after sales services in India. I was on iPhone for some years and experienced great services from them and wanted to move to ASUS Zenphone but before making the payment I decided to check their customer services and after sales services.

I sent an e-mail from their support page to both their sales and support team asking them about their promise to support and kind of services I can expect after investing with them for my phone needs. The answer I got was like a formality and more of location link for their after sales support network for me to find the service center.

Has any of you expereinced ASUS Customer Care Centers in Mumbai or Gurgaon? Some of my friends gave a very pathetic feedback about their attitude and support being good for nothing. Have put my decision of buying ASUS on hold and thought of taking some genuine professional advise from you people.

Request if you could spare a few minutes in helping find a right handset partner in India who can help ensure they will maintain it too, once I buy it.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
true.

you cannot expect the same ASS levels as Apple from any other company.

you have to be outright straight forward and blunt with these ASS guys and irritate the hell out of them by follwoing up. only then can you expect service.

getting things cheap has its downside. ;)

Top Bottom