Asus R7 260x replacement :) ?

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
Hello forum,
about a month ago I posted regarding the faulty gpu,after doing a bit research I came to know that my GPU was still under warranty,next step I called the customer care of ASUS they behave politely and this was one of the strange experience I rarely encounter :whew_NF: ,after having a little chat with him,he assured me that my graphics card will be replaced once the nearest service center flags it as "self-defective" and not "customer induced damage" this statement got me into doubt,
as they can term any damage as customer fault,they might argue with us that it was us who had a hand in that faulty GPU,but once I went to service center,they accepted my card and within 4 days I got a new one.

But one question?
The new card which they sent (which was handed over to me by the service center guy) didn't had any cover on the PCI pins and VGI,HDMI port,he returned me with a cover wrapped :serious_NF: is it natural? I asked him about the packing,he said that they ship back the card only in this manner and you will get all things wrapped only when you buy a new one :/ ?
Did this ever occur to anyone else?

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
May be it is a repaired card! But if its not your very own card, replacement ought to be a new one.

maheshn

Journeyman
Hello forum,
about a month ago I posted regarding the faulty gpu,after doing a bit research I came to know that my GPU was still under warranty,next step I called the customer care of ASUS they behave politely and this was one of the strange experience I rarely encounter :whew_NF: ,after having a little chat with him,he assured me that my graphics card will be replaced once the nearest service center flags it as "self-defective" and not "customer induced damage" this statement got me into doubt,
as they can term any damage as customer fault,they might argue with us that it was us who had a hand in that faulty GPU,but once I went to service center,they accepted my card and within 4 days I got a new one.

But one question?
The new card which they sent (which was handed over to me by the service center guy) didn't had any cover on the PCI pins and VGI,HDMI port,he returned me with a cover wrapped :serious_NF: is it natural? I asked him about the packing,he said that they ship back the card only in this manner and you will get all things wrapped only when you buy a new one :/ ?
Did this ever occur to anyone else?

Hi,

Actually one time I got a replacement for an ASUS nVidia 750Ti wrapped only in an anti static cover in a plain cardboard box (no printing/art/logos/stickers on it whatsoever). So yes, this can happen at times. If the card is working fine and undamaged, then it's not a big issue.

Good luck with your replacement! :cool_NF:

OP
vedula.k95

vedula.k95

Behind Enemy Lines
May be it is a repaired card! But if its not your very own card, replacement ought to be a new one.

By looking at your location I guess we are from same place,I got my card replaced at M-S Comptronics,near BMC,INOX.
as said by other TDF Member he also got the card in the same way I got it,so yeah it might not be a problem.:scared_NF:

But I have to wait a month or two to check whether the card is working or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

Actually one time I got a replacement for an ASUS nVidia 750Ti wrapped only in an anti static cover in a plain cardboard box (no printing/art/logos/stickers on it whatsoever). So yes, this can happen at times. If the card is working fine and undamaged, then it's not a big issue.

Good luck with your replacement! :cool_NF:

Glad to know that I wasn't cheated :) thanks.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Might be they are not providing retail packaging for replacements. Hope your card runs without any issues ;-)

Top Bottom