[Complaint] Asus Monitor - Rashi RMA & Digicomp Service

d3p

PowerHouse
Its pretty much a torturious situation from my Asus Monitor & then the same with the service & now with RMA.

Monitor Details : Asus VK278Q 27inch LED monitor.

Purchase Date : Dec 2011.

Issues :

On dec'2012, i have observed flickering of the screen & later followed by

1). Complete control panel on the Monitor turns dis-functional, this includes Power Switch & input selection switch not to work.

2). Everytime i restart my monitor it takes DVI as default & then take the monitor to standby. Then wakes up the next second automatically & the sequence follows. The monitor is useless then.

Reporting to Asus India :

On 28th Dec 2012, I called up Asus Helpline & raised a ticket for the same.

Toll Free Number of Asus : 1800 2090 365 [Open from 10am-06pm].

Asus Complaint Number # 8205700.

Local Handling of the reported problem

Asus has forward the complaint to Digicomp Bangalore on the same day, immediately after the ticket is raised over phone.

Digicomp has contacted me after 4 days, asking me about the reported problems.
As the monitor has 5yrs of onsite warranty, initially Digicomp offered me to send the technician at my local address to verify. Later with some reason they cancelled the visit & asked me to submit the Monitor at their office. After a week of delay Digicomp send the office cab to pick up the monitor from my place.

On 10th of Jan Digicomp cared to reply me saying "My Monitor's display panel need to be changed & the order has been placed from Asus Mumbai HQ". Also promised me, within 4 days, the monitor will be return to me with those defects.

I have received my monitor back on 17th Jan & i have found the monitor was working without any defects. After 3 hours of gaming on 19th, there were no problems with the new panel. Again the same problems were observed on 20th Jan Morning & called up the technician from Digicomp same morning to report the issues.

Next day the technician showed up at my place at a very unusual time, for which i have to leave my office work & show him the issues with the monitor.
After 5minutes & restarting my PC for 5 times, the technician concluded that, my monitor itself is Faulty & it need to be replaced.

The same day i spoke to asus about re-opeing the same ticket & mentioning about the defects.

After 3 more days ; We had a Conference call with Digicomp technician, Asus & of course Me. Later it was concluded that i need to submit my monitor for a fresh piece, for which Asus agreed.

Warranty Policy

As mentioned earlier, My Monitor had 3 yrs of onsite warranty. I have purchased this piece on 28th Dec 2011 & its almost 1yr old the day, when i observed the problems. Though it was 1yr old, Asus decided to replace the same with a New fresh Piece or an Upgraded model with extra charges.

On 28th Jan i submitted my monitor at Digicomp Bangalore, which happens to 7KMs away from my place. I was expecting Digicomp to issues the DOA Certificate on the same day for the further process, but since DOA certificate need approval from Asus it took another week of time.

On 5th of Feb, i received the DOA certificate on my email address, which was prepared & approved on the same day as mentioned on the certificates. Now the same Certificate has to be submitted to either Local vendor or Distributor or RASHI for getting a new piece.

On 28th Feb, i got to know that the same model is EOL & in case i opt for something else from Asus, its possible other than the same model or Credit Issue through Rashi.

In between i had already made my mind to switch from Asus to DELL or HP. Now since 5th of Feb, Rashi is processing my DOA certificate for a Credit Note to the local vendor.

Updates are coming on the same topic, stay tuned for more action.

High Drama at Rashi, Digicomp, Rashi & Later at the Asus Monitor Distributer : 05th March 2013

Finally i decide to go Rashi & get the answer for the delay. I was amazed to know that the DOA certificate issued by Digicomp is not supposed to be circulated through mail or any sort of PDF's. So that's the main reason of the delay.

Next moment, i called up the same technician "Rohit" for the correct certificate. Meantime i called up the Asus South Zone Regional Manager "Mr. Rajeev", who is pretty much well aware about the situation.

Rajeev suggested me to get the Hardcopy signed & filled from Digicomp & then later submit the same at Rashi. I drove to Digicomp not to get only my certificate, but also to teach those SOB's a lesson.

After 30 mins of verbal drama, finally i received my DOA Certificate with all necessary signatures & blah blah. Submitted the same myself at Rashi. Also received an acknowledgement from Rashi about my DOA & submitted the same at Arihant Infocom, who happens to be the Distributor of Asus Monitors in Bangalore.

Conclusion

Finally received a Cheque, with few thousands deducted & RMA chapter is close now.

Thanks Rashi, Digicomp & Asus for a Joyful Ride.

Last edited:

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Re: Asus Monitor - Rashi RMA & Digicare Service.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but then these hassles are normal in asus rma.
2-3 months seems to be their minimum time period to resolve simple service related matters.
Anyway, good luck with the credit note. Heard it takes a week atleast to be issued.
Try dell this time. Though I dont know how their service is.

pratyush997

Inactive

Damn Didn't expected that Digicare will also troll like Rashi did !

pegasus

Journeyman

@d3p
1. 5 years warranty on a LCD monitor? Are you sure? I thought only Sabertooth mobos had that? :S

2. Digicare is only mobo and GPU i think. Did you speak to Digicomp?

Mumbai, 3rd October 2012: In a move to further enhance its service efficiency and network, ASUS has today announced the appointment of DIGICAREas the authorized service provider for its motherboards and graphics cards business.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/164272-asus-appoints-digicare-asp.html

3. Where did you submit your DOA certificate?When?Did you check with Rashi if they got it? If yes, what date was it submitted to Rashi?On 28th Feb you got to know about EOL/Creditnote/etc. Who informed you or from whom did you get to know that?

Nerevarine

Incarnate

my ASUS DVD RW has gone bad.. Looks like Im gonna have to deal with loads of migraine for the days to come

Nerevarine

Incarnate

meh I wont bother, who uses DVDs now anyway :D

Anyone else feel the calm before the storm.. ?
I feel sorry for you OP :(

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse

@d3p
1. 5 years warranty on a LCD monitor? Are you sure? I thought only Sabertooth mobos had that? :S

2. Digicare is only mobo and GPU i think. Did you speak to Digicomp?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/service-rma-watch/164272-asus-appoints-digicare-asp.html

3. Where did you submit your DOA certificate?When?Did you check with Rashi if they got it? If yes, what date was it submitted to Rashi?On 28th Feb you got to know about EOL/Creditnote/etc. Who informed you or from whom did you get to know that?

Thanks for pointing it out. its 3yrs onsite warranty & Digicomp is the ASP for monitors

pegasus

Journeyman

@d3pWhen you mentioned email- that's what set me worrying.If the hard copy even had been submitted to Rashi while you were waiting all this while since receiving the DOA cert. via email.I have RMAed graphics card via Digicomp and had to pick up the IR note and deposit at Rashi who then issue replacement/Credit Note as per the case.That's why i asked you so many questions earlier.

OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse

do any one has any idea, what's going on with me specially when i buy this

Lot of Games.....

Purchased Crysis 2 Limited Edition [New & Sealed] from [E]'s Member for 900.00

Through Flipkart

*i.imgur.com/KVA0d.png

*i.imgur.com/URkIR.png

Replying to my own thread....

PICs.......don't expect much from a Samsung Galaxy duos Y.

*i.imgur.com/gO8ux.jpg

*i.imgur.com/UXK99.jpg

And all of sudden, my monitor goes bad ...........................

I feel like a

*files.myopera.com/ivanterrible/albums/410037/jackass%282%29.jpg

@d3pWhen you mentioned email- that's what set me worrying.If the hard copy even had been submitted to Rashi while you were waiting all this while since receiving the DOA cert. via email.I have RMAed graphics card via Digicomp and had to pick up the IR note and deposit at Rashi who then issue replacement/Credit Note as per the case.That's why i asked you so many questions earlier.

Yes, when i received the mail with the DOA Certificate as an attachment. Immediately i confirmed with Digicomp [Rohit] about its acceptance. But its was caught with pants down, when i visited with the same copy to Rashi & rashi confirming about its non acceptance.

I'm not so sure, whether to post a screen shot of the DOA Letter or not ???

*i.imgur.com/kvnO0Bb.png?1

Have a look at the above... Where the heck is the Engineers Signature or ASP's Stamp ??? Where the Heck is the customer signature ???

How the heck even Rashi accept such rubish things ??

Last edited:
OP
d3p

d3p

PowerHouse
Great. Congrats !
On to greener pastures or still with asus monitors ? :D

Well..one way i would like thank Asus for giving me a Oppurtunity to go back to Dell. Not just with one monitor, I got myself eyenifinity.

*i.imgur.com/bGCfWrm.jpg?1

Other way, loads of time i have wasted..

Top Bottom