Asus M2N MX Se Plus+Memory upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjstays

Broken In
hi folks :)

i am using an asus m2n mx se plus mobo with a tricore 8400 amd processor. had 2 modules of DDR2 memory, of which one died recently. the retailer is now offering me a DDR3 instead wherein am supposed to pay the difference.

Can anyone suggest whether the mobo is compatible with DDR3?

thanks in advance :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
Your question is not clear. Mention whether the Ram slot stopped working or the Ram, plugged into it, stopped working.

But the basic thing is you cannot use an ADM Phenom X3 8400 processor with DDR3 mobo or memory. It does not support it. The DDR3 motherboards from AMD are having AM3 socket type to plug new Athlon II and Phenom II series processors. They are having 938 pin configuration, where your CPU is AM2, having 940 pin. So even physically you cannot plug it to a DDR3 AM3 motherboard.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
hi folks :)

i am using an asus m2n mx se plus mobo with a tricore 8400 amd processor. had 2 modules of DDR2 memory, of which one died recently. the retailer is now offering me a DDR3 instead wherein am supposed to pay the difference.

Can anyone suggest whether the mobo is compatible with DDR3?

thanks in advance :)

How can the dealer offer you DDR3 for a DDR2 only board. Is he nuts or what. Mechanically the RAM modules are not interchangeable because they are notched different. Stop going to such a stupid retailer. If he can read English, take a print out of this and show him.

Please get only DDR2 as replacement. Ideally it should match to the module that is currently working.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Tell him that your motherboard does not support DDR3 memory ( I use the same mobo) and if he does not have DDR2 modules, ask him for a replacement motherboard supporting DDR3 as well. Then he will automatically have DDR2 in stock.
It is impossible to not have DDR2 RAM in stock. He is just trying to harass you so that you buy a new module and forget about the replacement.

OP
S

sjstays

Broken In
thanks people for the replies... even i thought so.. that the dealer is trying to play games.

Since this mobo/processor is not compatible with DDR3 memory, so not going to accept whatever bull crap the dealer has to shell out.

thanks again, will keep you all posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom