ASUS EAX 1950 Pro 256 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Just read this post again.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=538959&postcount=12

Thats all I have to say.

And regarding TH, as I said go to some mature forums and ask people about them. They have always been biased and were considered Intel fan boys. They are definitely not trust worthy.

See some links here,
*scientiasblog.blogspot.com/2007/03/could-toms-hardware-guide-get-its-soul.html

*digg.com/tech_news/Tom_s_Hardware_Turns_10_Years_Old_Today

*talkback.zdnet.com/5208-10533-0.html?forumID=1&threadID=23205&messageID=439868&start=-1

*www.3dxtreme.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2853&sid=d4834ca2a30e8a71a8cd80a9f8b991bf

*secure.ncixus.com/forumpost/displaythread.php?threadid=2059130

*gamerscollective.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=144&st=45&start=45

There are many more such links. So stop finding me kiddish. Just get your facts right.

Just google for "Toms hardware biased" and enjoy.

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
I already agreed to the fact that your 7900GT will have an edge in the pefomance department (not much trust me) but then the other features which I mentioned in my previous posts still matter. So the 1950 pro is obviously a better buy.

aah, now u agree that 7900GT is more powerful, and u just wanna say that 1950Pro is inferior but better features...... to which again, no support.

Dude, that's regarding inte/AMD and what has it to do with gfx cards. And those are mere comments. Search for any review site and u will find many accusing. If u mean to say all review sites are crap, and u are the only one telling truth. Then thank u for giving us ur knowledge.

Still, all u're doing is posting irrelevant links, and nothing that actually supports ur claims. No support that the ATI ard has better IQ, or performance. Just passing time or what?

whereas on the other hand, just search 1950Pro Vs 7900GS and u will find a dozen links, that say 1950Pro is marginally faster than a 7900GS, while 7900GT has a more than 15% advantage over 7900GS.

You run a search for any review site, u will find many results, for example I ram a search for xbitlabs, and I found this.. (and many more)

i don't know what can i say about YOUR REVIEW , i used to be a fan for xbitlabs Site , i don't read any review outside that site it has sooo many details and more useful info than any other site . but when i saw the last review for the 1800 XT i changed my mind Sad . XBITLABS is an ATI fans.
they didn't say much about power the x1800 need , the dual slot solution heatshink , they didn't test the heat dgree about the two card to show us (reader) how hot is the x1800 xt compared to GTX . any how i didn't read the x1600xt yet , but i wish to see the site in the image i had when i saw it at the first time .

*www.xbitlabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?=&p=120351

lol... atleast ppl are not accusing tomshardware of being nvidia fans.

In my opinion, both xbitlabs are tomshardware are top review sites, and both are good.

Last edited:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
Dude, that's regarding inte/AMD and what has it to do with gfx cards.

And those are mere comments.

Still, all u're doing is posting irrelevant links, and nothing that actually supports ur claims. No support that the ATI ard has better IQ, or performance. Just passing time or what?

whereas on the other hand, just search 1950Pro Vs 7900GS and u will find a dozen links, that say 1950Pro is marginally faster than a 7900GS, while 7900GT has a more than 15% advantage over 7900GS.
If a site can be biased towards Intel, then why cannot it be biased towards Nvidia ? It just shows their integrity. I know its hard to digest for you but then they are really not even considered by the people at XS, VRZ and all.

Ill try getting you some links from those forums. Though I dont want to post about Toms hardware there and be the laughing stock. You can try it yourself if you still dont trust me and google. :D

And you really need to be spoon fed pal. Still I like this. PWNAGE.

Using google again here is some proof to make you believe that ATI has better IQ,

*www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/ati_radeon_x1800_x1600preview/5.html

*www.nordichardware.com/Reviews/?page=7&skrivelse=449

Keep using google and stop asking me for proof always. Unless you enjoy getting PWNED.

Cheers !!!

Kniwor

Learner
as I said above, search for any site and u will find many saying it's biased.

Also, I said 7900GT is better performer, and it is. You contradict urself man, first u said.

mohit said:
The card is as good as a 7900GT. Sometimes better (especially at higher resolutions).

Just checked this review of a x1950 Pro where it is compared with a 7900GT and GS. It performs at par or below in many games, but is ahead in many too.

then u agreed after many posts

mohit said:
I already agreed to the fact that your 7900GT will have an edge in the pefomance department (not much trust me) but then the other features which I mentioned in my previous posts still matter. So the 1950 pro is obviously a better buy.

Which is all I said, that 7900GT pwns 1950Pro. So basically I never said anything wrong. what are u so upset about....ha..ha

And from the review that u, urself posted
Regardless of what minute image comparison studying brings though, both offer image quality that is strong enough that you won't be able to tell the difference when a game is in full motion. Neither has significantly poorer image quality, with each presenting different strengths.

I wouldn't want such a big penalty in performance for something that's not noticable....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
^^I think you are on weed. The 7900GT does not PWN the 1950 Pro. Read my posts carefully. Please read them again and again and again. Thanks.

And its not me who is upset. Its you because its your card. I already have given enough proof for everyone to decide which is a better deal overall.

IMHO this ASUS 1950 PRO is a much better deal than your 7900GT for anyone buying a card right now. There is enough proof in this entire thread to support my statement.

Kniwor

Learner
Dude, ur posts mean nothing, it's the benchmarks that mean, of which u have not posted any, and then u dismiss the benchmarks showing 7900GT as faster by telling the sites are "biased". LOL...

Just show us a benchmarks, where 1950Pro is equal or better than 7900GT on an average over a few reasonable number of tests. While I've shown u that 7900GT beats the 1950Pro

Last edited:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
Dude, ur posts mean nothing, it's the benchmarks that mean, of which u have not posted any, and then u dismiss the benchmarks showing 7900GT as faster by telling the sites are "biased". LOL...
Hmm man lemme do this one final time.

You say - I don't give benchmarks
I give you the Xbit review.

You say - Prove ATI has better IQ than Nvidia
I give you the other links proving that ATI does have better IQ.

You keep crying about Tom's hardware
I prove it to you that they are not a trustworthy site.

You keep saying that your card is better
I prove that the x1950 pro is better at times and mostly at par with your card. You can also check the review of a HIS x1950 pro on Guru3d where the reviewer agrees that the x1950 pro is sometimes even faster than a 7950GT (which means faster than your 7900GT even). I am too lazy for this link but you can google and see the bechmarks and then get pwned again. :lol:

You started crapping this thread saying that the 1950 pro is inferior to the 7900GT.
I gave enough evidence to prove its at par and better at times than the 7900GT.

But looks like you cannot digest the fact that someone is selling a card as good as yours with warranty for a lesser price. Sorry to say but thats your problem.

Now I am out of this and I wont be posting in this thread or yours as I really dont like thread crapping unlike you.

Cheers !!

EDIT

Okay here is another review which shows that the Asus 1950 Pro is as good as the 7900GT,

*www.amdzone.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=276&page=1

Here is the conclusion from that review,

"It's good to see Asus put out a non-reference design of the 1950 Pro and it should be able to cool much more efficiently than the typical 1950 Pro and while it is barely overclocked ever so slightly, it should give it a few fps boost. As you can see from the benchmarks, the EAX1950 Pro trades places with the 7900GT quite often and the two are basically equal. The 7900GS that has replaced the 7900GT should also score in line with those numbers almost perfectly. It truly does come down to preference on this one. ATI does have the better image quality"

That sums it all I guess.

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
Hmm man lemme do this one final time.

You say - I don't give benchmarks
I give you the Xbit review.

Read that review again, there 7900GT beats 1950Pro, in almost all becchies except very few. ples dont try to fool others.
mohit said:
You say - Prove ATI has better IQ than Nvidia
I give you the other links proving that ATI does have better IQ.
Again I posted a quote from ur own link, which says there's no difference that can be noticed by human eye while playing, and certainly does not justify any performance, penalty.

mohit said:
You keep crying about Tom's hardware
I prove it to you that they are not a trustworthy site.
And I showed u links , on xbitlabs forum itself, that xbitlabs is biased towards ATI,I will still say, both tomshardware and xbitlabs are unbiased (and both are giving same results). Someone or the other is always there to complain.

mohit said:
You keep saying that your card is better
I prove that the x1950 pro is better at times and mostly at par with your card. You can also check the review of a HIS x1950 pro on Guru3d where the reviewer agrees that the x1950 pro is sometimes even faster than a 7950GT (which means faster than your 7900GT even). I am too lazy for this link but you can google and see the bechmarks and then get pwned again. :lol:
sometimes mean nothing, and u know that.... overall performance is the question of concern.

mohit said:
You started crapping this thread saying that the 1950 pro is inferior to the 7900GT.
I gave enough evidence to prove its at par and better at times than the 7900GT.

But looks like you cannot digest the fact that someone is selling a card as good as yours with warranty for a lesser price. Sorry to say but thats your problem.

Now I am out of this and I wont be posting in this thread or yours as I really dont like thread crapping unlike you.

Cheers !!

And I never said this deal was bad, look at my first post, I said it's a good deal. And it is indeed. All I said is the card is not faster than 7900GT, and it's not.

Overall, in the end of the day, u still refuse to show results/benchmarks, and only make tall claims. Nothing that proves ur point. Yet u only made a laughing stock of urself by questioning tomshardware's VGA cgarts etc...

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Hmm i just posted another review link in my last post which again shows both the cards to be at par. Now say what were you saying ?

I am not trying to fool others. Infact I am trying to make them go with the better deal. It was you who tried to fool others saying this card was inferior. Not me.

And the seller nowhere said that this card was faster than a 7900GT. He said its at par and that was true. You tried to crap his sale simply by butting in and then I had to do the needful.

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
Hmm i just posted another review link in my last post which again shows both the cards to be at par. Now say what were you saying ?

I am not trying to fool others. Infact I am trying to make them go with the better deal. It was you who tried to fool others saying this card was inferior. Not me.

that's amdzone, AMD itself, u really wanna tell me that u wont believe tomshardware and xbitlabs , but will believe AMDzone for AMD cards benchmarking. Very good yaar....

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
that's amdzone, AMD itself, u really wanna tell me that u wont believe tomshardware and xbitlabs , but will believe AMDzone for AMD cards benchmarking. Very good yaar....
I think the 1950 series was out before AMD acquired ATI. Not sure though. Still its a very fair review. I dont see anything wrong in it. Even they are accepting that both cards are at par which is TRUE. If they were biased they would not accept the fact that Nvidia performs better on OpenGL.

Now I think I have given enough evidence :D

I just dont believe that chart from Toms hardware. If there was a head on review it would be better.

Kniwor

Learner
mohit said:
I just dont believe that chart from Toms hardware. If there was a head on review it would be better.

lol... then believe the xbitlabs link u gave..... but plz... not AMD... for their own product.

I'm off to play some multiplayer now.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
lol... then believe the xbitlabs link u gave..... but plz... not AMD... for their own product.

I had earlier given my own conclusion which you did not like. So I had to bring in more reviews.

Just accept the fact that both cards are at par. The seller nowhere said that the card is better than the 7900GT. Maybe you were too confident about it.

And I think the AMDZONE review is very very decent and looks accurate as well. They even accepted that Nvidia performs better on OpenGL.

Kniwor

Learner
hmm....

U dont wanna believe tomshardware, In the xbitlabs review, 7900GT comes out to be better than the 1950Pro, don't know why are u dismissing that. That's the review u urself posted. yet u wanna trust AMDzone for AMD card review, congrats...

@deadlyvenom
"dingemini312", wants a card in this range, but is too concerned about warranty. u might wanna contact him.

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Can u Please START A NEW dedicated to
ASUS EAX 1950 Pro 256 MB V/S 7900GT in FIGHT CLUB :D :D :D....

other members unware of this will atleast take part in it ;)

gcbeldar

In the zone
mr mohit,

shall i recommend this card to my friend, he have c2d 4300, 1 gb, asus m/b, 160gb sata, 19" tft.

I & he has little knowledge about graphic card.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
gcbeldar said:
mr mohit,

shall i recommend this card to my friend, he have c2d 4300, 1 gb, asus m/b, 160gb sata, 19" tft.

I & he has little knowledge about graphic card.

What is your friends budget ? Please lemme know. Ill get in touch with you and get him the best deal.

Kniwor said:
hmm....

U dont wanna believe tomshardware, In the xbitlabs review, 7900GT comes out to be better than the 1950Pro, don't know why are u dismissing that. That's the review u urself posted. yet u wanna trust AMDzone for AMD card review, congrats...
Quoting from the Xbit labs review :

If we were to compare the available $199 graphics cards in terms of performance, the new ATI Radeon X1950 Pro is not just better than the Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS but can successfully compete with the more expensive Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT that belongs to the $259 category. Also important is that the Radeon X1950 Pro offers you the option of enabling high-quality anisotropic filtering that surpasses everything Nvidia’s solutions can offer as of today. In other words, the ATI Radeon X1950 Pro is overall the best graphics card in the $199 price category.
PERIOD.

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
k, the stock speed for 7900GT is 450/1320, as set by nvidia, and that's what xbitlabs/Anandtech are using.

Added to that, check the xbitlabs review, the 450/1320 card beats the 1950 Pro in most games except few(BF2, Far Cry, SPC:CT..), where the margin for 1950Pro is low. Same goes for anandtech review. Indicating that 1950Pro looses out to 450/1320 clocked 7900GT. Not to mention extreme edition will pwn the babies.

So u are terribly wrong in comparing a 7900GT Extreme edition to 1950Pro, when it is comfortably beaten by 7900GT stock(xbitlabs....). Take my advice from next time and do some research before making a laughing stock of urself. And going on accusing reputed sited like Tomshardware etc...

Last edited:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
k, the stock speed for 7900GT is 450/1320, as set by nvidia, and that's what xbitlabs/Anandtech are using.

Added to that, check the xbitlabs review, the 450/1320 card beats the 1950 Pro in most games except few(BF2, Far Cry, SPC:CT..), where the margin for 1950Pro is low. Same goes for anandtech review. Indicating that 1950Pro looses out to 450/1320 clocked 7900GT. Not to mention extreme edition will pwn the babies.

So u are terribly wrong in comparing a 7900GT Extreme edition to 1950Pro, when it is comfortably beaten by 7900GT stock(xbitlabs....). Take my advice from next time and do some research before making a laughing stock of urself. And going on accusing reputed sited like Tomshardware etc...
We know who is the laughing stuff and who is despo to sell his card here.

I am sorry that I took ur case and made people realize which is the better deal.

And you can stick with TH for all I care. I have proven my point already. The x1950 Pro competes well with any 7900GT and looking at its overall set of features its definitely the better buy.

Sorry for you that Nvidia cannot do HDR + AA and cannot match the IQ of the x1k series. And not to mention the better perfomance ATI has while playing at higher resolutions and using AA, AF.

And your card does not have any warranty at all. It went kaput once already. What happens if it goes kaput again ? Poor buyer will regret it. Better to buy this card imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom