ASUS EAX 1950 Pro 256 MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlyvenom

Broken In
Hello everybody!
I've decided to sell my ASUS EAX 1950 Pro (256 MB) PCI Express GFX card.I bought it 3 months ago at a price of Rs.12,500 + taxes(bill included)
Reason For Sale - 8800 GTX of course!Need to shell out 30k+ for that!
This card is the perfect choice for more than just casual gamers.I've played games like Half Life 2,FEAR,Need For Speed Carbon,Far Cry,Doom3,Quake4,Dreamfall,Call Of Duty 2,Unreal Tournament 2004,etc all at resolutions of 1280 * 1024 with the maximum settings and the card murdered them without any hassles!
Its vista compatible and crossfire ready..which means you can run this card in the dual mode if u have another asus eax 1950 pro and a crossfire ready motherboard.
Here's the link to a page that contains a detailed benchmark and a few pics..check out the frame rates and see what this card is capable of
*www.theinquirer.net/Default.aspx?article=36081
This card beats the 7900 gs..7600 gt and is on par with 7900 gt
check out this page for proof
*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=740&model2=722&chart=318

What's included in the package - Driver CDs,Manual,Cables,Bill,Box etc
What you need to make this thing work on your system - 450 watts power supply,motherboard with a pci express slot
I'm willing to sell this awesome gfx card for Rs.8,000 only..and that price is a steal considering that this card still muders its rivals and runs all the latest games effortlessly and the best settings...and its only 3 months old which means a good 9 months of its warranty is still valid.
My location - Bangalore

P.S.For those who don't wanna buy good stuff and can't stand others buying good stuff..please keep away from this thread and don't try to spoil my sale..This is a bazaar and the seller and the buyer are the kings.Those who are gonna buy this card from me kindly do your research before you buy it.Things like what this card can do and how much it really costs,etc.And if you think I'm charging too much and its unfair..nevermind and just move along!Thanks for looking
Regards
DragonLord

memnom

Broken In
Bring me some pictures man i might have someone interested. and please be realistic with the price. PM me.

Kniwor

Learner
deadlyvenom said:
This card beats the 7900 gs..7600 gt and is on par with 7900 gt

No offense, the card is good, the price is good, just correct that line, it's inferior to a 7900GT.
Thank you.

*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=711&chart=317

OP
D

deadlyvenom

Broken In
Kniwor Dude..when i said this card is on par with the 7900 gt..i didn't mean to say it beats the latter..however..its wrong to say that the 7900 gt beats the 1950 pro..proof here

*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=711&chart=277

and here
*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=711&chart=282

and here
*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=711&chart=296

and here
*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=711&chart=310

as you can see..the x1950 does beat the 7900 gt..but its vice versa in other cases..which means the card is "on par" with 7900 gt..its closest rival

and geekyboy..i checked the price of brand new x1950 pro cards and they're still selling for around Rs.12000
courtesy..ankit computers..you can call them at 080-22222354

and my friend memnom..i didn't know the price i quoted was unrealistic!for pics check this link
*www.theinquirer.net/Default.aspx?article=36081
that's exactly what's up for sale here..

thanks for looking!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
No offense, the card is good, the price is good, just correct that line, it's inferior to a 7900GT.
Thank you.

*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=711&chart=317
The card is as good as a 7900GT. Sometimes better (especially at higher resolutions).

Just checked this review of a x1950 Pro where it is compared with a 7900GT and GS. It performs at par or below in many games, but is ahead in many too.

*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/x1950pro-gf7900gs_2.html#sect0

And ofcourse ATI can do HDR + AA which Nvidia 7 series cannot :p

EDIT :

This is a very nice deal considering you are getting it for 8k with local warranty of 9 months.

OP
D

deadlyvenom

Broken In
Thank You Mohit! :) This card does rock..the only reason why i'm selling it for such a low price is coz i need an 8800 gtx soo bad!

mohit

The Hardware Labs
deadlyvenom said:
Thank You Mohit! :) This card does rock..the only reason why i'm selling it for such a low price is coz i need an 8800 gtx soo bad!

You are most welcome. I just posted the facts only. All the best with your sale pal.

Kniwor

Learner
Here is the "Overall game FPS from tomshardware"

It might be comparable in few games, but u'll agree with the average right?

*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=711&chart=318

and the 7900GT is about 9% faster.

And this is surely not negligible when comparing graphics cards...

BTW, this is a great deal and there's no doubt about it.

mohit said:
The card is as good as a 7900GT. Sometimes better (especially at higher resolutions).

Just checked this review of a x1950 Pro where it is compared with a 7900GT and GS. It performs at par or below in many games, but is ahead in many too.

*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/x1950pro-gf7900gs_2.html#sect0

And ofcourse ATI can do HDR + AA which Nvidia 7 series cannot :p

EDIT :

This is a very nice deal considering you are getting it for 8k with local warranty of 9 months.

The link only compares 1950 pro to 7900GS, please help me find where does it compare to 7900GT.

Edit: nvm found it, there are benchmarks, and does not conclude equal to 7900GT, thanks for the read.

Last edited:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@Kniwor
Those are real world benchmarks and they tested like 20 games or so. It can be clearly seen that both the cards perform almost equally. And if benchmarks do not conclude perfomance, then what does ? That too real world benchmarks and not stupid 3dmark scores.

And ATI performs better at higher resolutions especially when AA and AF comes into play and they have better IQ too with reference to the Nvidia 7 series. And its sad that Nvidia's 7 series could not do AA + HDR. So overall I find this card to be a better buy than a 7900GT.

Just my opinion though.

Kniwor

Learner
Just two posts above I posted the sum aggregate real world benchamrks run by Tomshardware, run 44 times over many games and settings and 7900GT turns out to be 9% faster than 1950Pro, what's the confusion here. The figures are right there, u can do the math, and I don't see how u conclude 1950Pro is as good.
Here, if u did not see the link, I'll post again.

*www23.tomshardware.com/graphics_2007.html?modelx=33&model1=725&model2=711&chart=318

mohit

The Hardware Labs
^^I saw that. But then I also gave you a link from X-bit labs. I still say that the 1950 Pro is as good as the 7900GT because :

1. Better IQ than the 7900GT

2. Support for HDR + AA

3. More FPS at higher resolutions and when AA and AF come into the picture

4. Finally, almost similar perfomance in most of the games. Nvidia does have the advantages in the games based on OpenGL as they are better optimized for them. But still both the cards perform neck to neck.

So, looking at the above points, its easy for anybody to figure which is a better buy and why the 1950 pro is as good as a 7900GT.

Kniwor

Learner
Firstly, I would very much appreciate if u tell me in the xbitlabs review where it says weather it's using the 470/1370 clocked version or the 520/1500 clocked version of 7900GT, there is a difference between the two. And I think they are using the basic one.

Secondly, I don't see any conclusive figures on the xbitlabs review, a user may go through all those pages and I'm sure when average is taken 7900GT will win, so u are only suspecting that 1950Pro is as good, even the xbitlabs review gives no such proofs.

Thirdly, even if the xbitlabs review adds up to the two cards being equal, the 520/1500 clocked 7900GT will still be faster than the 470/1370 clocked one, and 1950Pro, and in view of that, it is inappropriate to post in my thread with misinformation, more soever when u're not interested in buying the card.

And the points u're giving above are pointless, let's concentrate on real world tests/figures...

OP
D

deadlyvenom

Broken In
Peace Brothers!This ain't no testing lab..This is a sale!Both the cards do perform neck to neck and I will stand by that.The 7900 GT sells for about 13,500.And here's the best alternative for Rs.8,000 only.Mohit and Kniwor,Peace! :)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
Firstly, I would very much appreciate if u tell me in the xbitlabs review where it says weather it's using the 470/1370 clocked version or the 520/1500 clocked version of 7900GT, there is a difference between the two. And I think they are using the basic one.

Secondly, I don't see any conclusive figures on the xbitlabs review, a user may go through all those pages and I'm sure when average is taken 7900GT will win, so u are only suspecting that 1950Pro is as good, even the xbitlabs review gives no such proofs.

Thirdly, even if the xbitlabs review adds up to the two cards being equal, the 520/1500 clocked 7900GT will still be faster than the 470/1370 clocked one, and 1950Pro, and in view of that, it is inappropriate to post in my thread with misinformation, more soever when u're not interested in buying the card.

And the points u're giving above are pointless, let's concentrate on real world tests/figures...
Hmmm. Interesting point.

Well, You are being conclusive in saying that the Xbit labs review will make the 7900GT emerge as the winner. Can somebody please take a average of those scores ? And its clearly seen that at higher resolutions (thats the main point), in most of the games , the 1950 pro is BETTER.

Maybe we need better reviews.

Xbit labs did overclock the 7900GS way above its actual clocks and they found that the 1950 Pro still beat it at higher resolutions comfortably. They suspect the memory subsytem of the 7900 series to be the limiting factor. So, I dont really expect any huge gain in the perfomance of the 7900GT with the increased clocks. Though I admit that there will be some gain.

But then again, I had mentioned 4 points in my last post and you have an answer for only one of them. The remaining are still in favour of the x1950 Pro.

And calling the remaining points as pointless show that you do not have the answers. HDR + AA is one feature that made ATI sell like hot cakes. Try Oblivion on an ATI with HDR + AA and then on your 7900GT only with HDR. You will see the difference. And the IQ of Nvidia's 7 series was definitely worse than ATI.

Every GPU enthusiast will agree for me.

Finally, since this card has warranty + better features and a lower price, this is definitely a better deal than your 7900GT.

And regarding my post in your thread well, you should practise what you preach. You should not have posted in this thread in the first case itself and started all this.

As you sow, so you reap.

Kniwor

Learner
Dude, now u're completely getting pointless and out of line here, trying to compare an overclocked 7900GS with equally clocked 7900GT.

7900GS made out of the GeForce 7900GT by disabling one quad of pixel processors and one block of vertex processors. Just overclocking it to the speeds of 7900GT will not give same performance. And on top of that, the OC'd 7900GS beats the crap out of the 1950Pro there in the xbitlabs review.
It's at 580/1700 though, and I think a 7900GT with extra one quad of pixel processors and one block of vertex processors and 520/1600 will be closer to that, and not the 1950pro that's clearly beaten by.

As per my comment in the thread, please be careful enough to read, I said the deal was great, and still is, and only told to correct and info.
I never went trashing him for pricing his card wrongly, telling him to price it lower n cheap stuff like that. So please be careful while reading/posting dude.

And what do u even mean by better IQ, pls explain, in the end, even if it has a better IQ or whatever, and even with better IQ it performs poorer, there's no point. what matters is performance.

There are not any reviews on net comparing the 1950Pro to 7900GT(because they are not same equivalent), everywhere around 7900GS Vs. 1950Pro is there and so it's hard to find a direct comparison. Overall difference between 7900GS and 1950Pro is LESS than that between 1950Pro and 7900GT. And the 1950Pro is actually more closer to 7900GS rather than 7900GT.

And why are we even going in round about way reading the xbitlabs review that does not even have the 7900GT in consideration, also not the final tally, going around making speculations.
When clearly in the tomshardware review, the exact same two cards are compared, and shows a 9% difference, why is it so hard for u to accept the numbers right in front, rather than going to reviews that do not include complete information on the cards, and trying to confuse others.

Last edited:

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Kniwor said:
Dude, now u're completely getting pointless and out of line here, trying to compare an overclocked 7900GS with equally clocked 7900GT.

7900GS made out of the GeForce 7900GT by disabling one quad of pixel processors and one block of vertex processors. Just overclocking it to the speeds of 7900GT will not give same performance. And on top of that, the OC'd 7900GS beats the crap out of the 1950Pro there in the xbitlabs review.
It's at 580/1700 though, and I think a 7900GT with extra one quad of pixel processors and one block of vertex processors and 520/1600 will be closer to that, and not the 1950pro that's clearly beaten by.

As per my comment in the thread, please be careful enough to read, I said the deal was great, and still is, and only told to correct and info.
I never went trashing him for pricing his card wrongly, telling him to price it lower n cheap stuff like that. So please be careful while reading/posting dude.

And what do u even mean by better IQ, pls explain, in the end, even if it has a better IQ or whatever, and even with better IQ it performs poorer, there's no point. what matters is performance.

There are not any reviews on net comparing the 1950Pro to 7900GT(because they are not same equivalent), everywhere around 7900GS Vs. 1950Pro is there and so it's hard to find a direct comparison. Overall difference between 7900GS and 1950Pro is LESS than that between 1950Pro and 7900GT. And the 1950Pro is actually more closer to 7900GS rather than 7900GT.

And why are we even going in round about way reading the xbitlabs review that does not even have the 7900GT in consideration, also not the final tally, going around making speculations.
When clearly in the tomshardware review, the exact same two cards are compared, and shows a 9% difference, why is it so hard for u to accept the numbers right in front, rather than going to reviews that do not include complete information on the cards, and trying to confuse others.
I never compared the 7900GS with the 7900GT. I just pointed what happened when the 7900GS was overclocked. If you read my post carefully, I already wrote this "I admit there will be some gain when the 7900GT will be overclocked". I hope you read that. The memory susbsytem of the 7900 series is the limiting factor as I already mentioned.

I think this will summarize it all :

If we were to compare the available $199 graphics cards in terms of performance, the new ATI Radeon X1950 Pro is not just better than the Nvidia GeForce 7900 GS but can successfully compete with the more expensive Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT that belongs to the $259 category. Also important is that the Radeon X1950 Pro offers you the option of enabling high-quality anisotropic filtering that surpasses everything Nvidia’s solutions can offer as of today.
And I dont trust Tom's hardware. Seriously any sane person would not. Try getting more info from some mature Tech forums and you will know what they are all about. And their review was not a head on review anways. So its not to my liking.

Regarding your comment in this thread, you wanted to crap his sale in the first place. The seller had not said anywhere that the card is better than a 7900GT. He said its at par with the 7900GT which is a fact and hence its a valid statement.

Now coming to the IQ. Well IQ is for image quality and if you have used Nvidia and ATI both, you will agree that ATI has the better IQ. It obviously matters and it just cant be dismissed as ****.

I already agreed to the fact that your 7900GT will have an edge in the pefomance department (not much trust me) but then the other features which I mentioned in my previous posts still matter. So the 1950 pro is obviously a better buy.

Also, I dont trust these old reviews. ATI always has issues with their drivers when a new card is released. Expect better perfomance from the 1950 Pro with the present drivers. Though this can hold true for Nvidia as well, but it is an issue which always happens with ATI.

Go with the 1950 Pro guys. This is a nice deal. And you get warranty which definitely matters.

Kniwor

Learner
LOL..... If u start saying that u don't trust Tomshardware..... it's pointless to argue with you.... It's one of the topmost review/benchmarking sites out there, and almost everyone knows that. That's kiddish, and yet in all the long argument, u have not posted any benchmarks,reviews or anything that supports ur claims in a concrete manner, except that 1950Pro could run high quality AF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom