Asus A8N-SLI or A8V-E Deluxe

Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Broken In
hi,

i am upgrading my comp and have zeroed in on the following 2 mobos for my athlon 64 3000+ socket 939 based rig :

(i) Asus A8N-SLI (Nforce4 SLI) Price Rs. 16000
(ii) A8V-E Deluxe (Via K8T890) Price Rs. 12500

Please suggest which board should I go in for. The only plus points that i see in the nforce4 board is the support for sata 2 and a hardware based firewall. I am not very much into gaming but the overall performance of the system is important to me. Which one is a better performer and is more future proof.

Thanx a tonne

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Unless ur a gaming freak there is no point in goin in for the SLI mobos. SLI's enable you to use the PCI-E technology to use two graphics cards at once to boost ur gaming performance. The performance wise it really doesnt tell the diff. However the noforce4 chipset is supposed to be better the VIA chipset esp in the onboard video dept. So choose a mobo without SLI but with nforce4 chipset.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
nice one darlklord! So I guess ur gonna be mounting it with 2 PCI-E cards ? which ones ? So can we assume ur siggy is gonna change too ? ;)

game_dev

Broken In
I am getting my Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe tomorrow. Initially will mount only single card & then add second card after some months.

[flAsh]

In the zone
ALL This game is of $Money$.
A8N does not offer any significant performance rise untill u use 2 GFX cards. SIngle 6800GT costs 22K~25K depending upon brand. I got myself a A8N SLI with Athlon 64 3500+ and 6800Ultra at 30K. whenever the need b I "ll get another PCI-E card. A8n SLI cost me 13K while A8V costs 12K. the difference is GFX cards cost which "ll appear when U buy the mobo

OP
G

geek

Broken In
Hey where are u getting your sli boards in the 13000 bucks range. i stay at delhi and the prices which i stated are from nehru place.

[flAsh]

In the zone
Listen dude my brother got it from Malaysia. and I hav converted them in Rupess. That's it. Tension kahe ko lena ka :wink:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
hi

rather go for amd 3000 754,not much performance loss if any maybe a bit gain,check up
go for intel if not gamer

OP
G

geek

Broken In
Any idea abt the launch of Asus A8N-E Premium (Nforce4 Ultra, Non SLI). What abt the pricing. I hear that asus is bundling a PCI-E card with its flagship mobos based on 925X and also A8N-SLI. What is the truth in the statement? What is the bundled price of the combo

[flAsh]

In the zone
I don't think A8N-E premium wud b available in India and even if it wud there won't b any major price difference. One thing is 2 b noted down that nForce 4 SLI is much more future proof atleast in 3D/gaming.

But the choice is urs. I hope there wud b a difference of not more than 2K~3K.

theraven

Technomancer
hmmm i had to butt in :)
ok we cant ASK digit to carry on the test
it'll happen when they decide to review mobos
besides those mobos will make it only if they are worthy ( and since its asus im sure they'll make it :D )

now the main reason i came here
@fanatic welcom to the forums
enjoy ur stay here
but u already posted in here *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11557
abt ur sli board :p now stop repeating
id suggest u read the forum rules here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6775

specially bats dos and donts here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10628

besides SLI is not the only option now
tho the nforce4 chipset kicks ass
but still no support for ddr2
anyways as for the answer of sli .. ati has 3D1
search for more details i forgot the link

:D enjoy

darklord

Cyborg Agent
geek said:
Any idea abt the launch of Asus A8N-E Premium (Nforce4 Ultra, Non SLI). What abt the pricing. I hear that asus is bundling a PCI-E card with its flagship mobos based on 925X and also A8N-SLI. What is the truth in the statement? What is the bundled price of the combo

Asus A8N SLI Deluxe does not come with any card bundled.Atleast, i didnt get anything with it. :cry:

Anyways, this board is miles ahead of A8V deluxe.KICKASS board,believe me.whoever buys it,won regret it. :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom