ASUS A8N SLI-DELUXE GIVING SERIOUS PROBLEMS..HELP REQUIRED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

din4204u

Broken In
i have 2 cards install on this asus a8n sli deluxe mobo.
i have perfactly ran the system for the past 2 months.
but yesterday when i turned off my system and after an hour turned on it back....there was no display.i checked everything and everything was fine.i checked ram,psu,processor,cards and mobo....everything except mobo was fine.

HERE GOES THE PROBLEM.
who owns this mobo or knows about this kinda mobo knows that display will only be at frist card installed at first pci ex slot. second slot is only for installing other card in order to run it in sli mode....but card installed on second slot wont give u display if connectd to monitor.u will only got a blank screen.so the monitor cable must only be connected to first pci ex card.

now coming to yesterday as i turned my system on and found no display.
after getting everything checked i just hopelessly connected the vga cable to second pci ex card installed on second pci ex slot.....i got display.now that was exactly opposit.and is a eight wonder.coz earlier i used to get a blank screen if i connect monitor cable to 2nd card.and in the manual too...its mention that display will only be at first card not second.
moreover i installed windows again(connecting the monitor cable to 2nd card).i installed display driver and it couldnt detact other card......

no matter what i do....for ex... i installed single card in first slot....i didnt get the display.i only get the display in second card and it never detects the first card installed at first slot.....which is quite contradictory to the sli technology.

SO WHAT CAN I DO NOW>>>>>
HAS ANYBODY ELSE ENCOUNTERED THIS KINDA PROBLEM???????
ANY KINDA HELP WULD BE HIGHLY WELCOMED.

ASH18MARCH

Journeyman
ok from what u have writeen u are saying this

1st sloth of pcie express +f card = display which u were earlier getiing
2nd sloth of pci express + card = should be blank but now that the fisrt slot is not working u are getiing a display when u cannect mointer cable to this slot
right

this means two things either the slot no 1 is not working or the 1 st card is gone what i suggest is u try and intercahnge ur card ist card in the 2nd slot and the second card in the first slot and see what is not working either ur ist pci express slot is gone or ur 1 st card is in that case i think it should be still in warrenty

OP
din4204u

din4204u

Broken In
as i have clearly written in my query...i have checked both cards in first slot and first slot dont give display.i have checked another card on first slot too but blank screen.display is only on second card installed second (black) slot.
i think the first slot is dead thats why system has reverted display to second slot.and thats why windows is not able to detect sli configration present in the system and i have sent the mobo for technical checkup to rashi....
i just wanted to ask u guys that this kinda problem was faced by any one or not?????/

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Did you change the SLI selector card between the 2 slots to single card mode before you tried to check display with single card ?
Also was the SLI bridge connected when it was in SLI mode ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom