Assembling a PC and Advaced Knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Guys i want you experts to give me tips to assemble a PC in 10 Minutes straight.
Then Also i want to have complete knowledge of PC parts and hardware, please let me know a good website where i can find it.

here are my tips.
First put things on the mobo, like the CPU 1st, RAM, then put all the HDD and DVDs inside, then put the mobo in and connect and on.

please share yours. i have a competition to assemble the PC fastest, i can't loose this challenge. also need to know deep knowledge of the hardware itself, like all kinds of definitions and basics, and full forms of abbreviations.

acewin

Point Blanc
steps are same almost. Its your hands, how can they do it fast with any gliches. not that many componets to put on the system to assemble it.

You need to make sure you are putting CPU on the mobo correct. try doing that twice or thrice, checking the pins properly.
Besides is there list of the components that has to be assembeled

ECE0105

In the zone
Putting in the Motherboard is the most important thing. (Too bad I realized that only after screwing up a mobo)...

Ensure that there is no stress on the motherboard when putting in the screws. And if there is no opening to screw the mobo at the edges, try using the plastic holder's that come along with the cabinet.

And, yeah, practice makes you perfect.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Few things to keep in mind.

Motherboard:
Handle the motherboard carefully. You at times might have to out it "down"..i.e not in your hands and not in the original packaging. Make sure the PCB circuitry does not come to contact with hard surfaces. The pins at the back on the motherboard..should not be laid to rest on a hard desk. Put on on like a bed or something. Make sure the surface you set it on...will not adhere to the circuit pins. When placing in the screws --- put them in using opposite/parallel logic. If you put in the top right corner screw in first, then the next should be the bottom left. Put in all screws half way first...(all of them)..that will make sure..your board is seated corrected..then start the loop again..tightening them to full capacity.

CPU:
When placing the CPU, make sure the notches are aligned correct, work with good light flooding the inside of your cabinet. Do not force any hardware into the respective socket. Try least as possible, to touch contact surfaces of components and/or the motherboard.

RAM:
Inspect the grooves for the type of ram installing. They should match the RAM seat and RAM kit perfect. When pressing in the RAM, do it from the edges, applying pressure, from the ends..slowly...evenly.

PSU:
Connect all connections ..tightly and securely. Loose connections, will cause uneven electrical conduction, with sparking.

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
cool
what about the CPU, I guess i place it first on mobo then ram and put mobo in cabinet.

need to check out the Intel LGA 775 Socket and learn to place it.
I don't have one, damn !! i have AMD.

could any one post some pictures please ??!!!

mad_max

Journeyman
you only have to put everything together under 10 mins right,fixing the mobo takes some time so practice on that,pay some good attention when connecting the psu...After that everything else should be straight forward cuz you can't go wrong with the procy:) and its a good idea to power up the thing before adding any expansion cards....So err whats the price;)

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
so you have to assemble a PC which will work in 10mins or below

i would advise you to also read the fineprint whether the commonly accepted "right" way of assembling will be considered.

here are my tips.
First put things on the mobo, like the CPU 1st, RAM, then put all the HDD and DVDs inside, then put the mobo in and connect and on.

I would mount the motherboard before installing the hdd and dvd drive

OP
a_k_s_h_a_y

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
yes thanks..!!
my friend, my team mate, says it can be done. since he visits a computer shops often to assemble PCs.

this is a competition btw between 5 teams.
1st to team to complete a best PC wins cool hardware. lol !!

R2K

In the Zone
well...try to get a good book on A+ training...it will provide u all the necessary information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom