Assembling a new PC for 65k, Need hardware suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Due to the posting restricting here, our friend Thuban could not create a new thread to get the help of the hardware experts in the forum (see profile-> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=84936), so I have created a thread on his behalf. Hope he gets good advice in the forum. :p

Thuban said:
I'm assembling a new PC primarily for gfx designing and for casual gaming.

Budget is 65k.
I'm looking for Core i7 rig with HD5850 gfx card.
will be buying the rig from mumbai.

hardware component:

Monitor LCD/LED: 22'in ??? (whichever fits in the budget.)
Processor: Core i7
Motherboard: Gigabyte/Evga/others ???
Ram: 4GB DDR 3 1600/1333 ??? (whichever fits in the budget.)
GFX Card: HD 5850
HDD: 500gb Western Digital
DVD Drive: Sony/LG/others ???
Cabinet: CM 690
PSU: ???
UPS: ???
Mouse: Logitech MX518
Keyboard: multimedia from Logitech
Processor Cooling: SunBeam Core Contact Freezer 120/Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (low priority,whichever fits in the budget.)

pls mention the price of individual products.
where can i get a better deal on this products.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I won't suggest HD5850 for Gfx design. Wait for Nvidia Fermi card which looks extremely promising card for professional work. currently, it's better to pick Nvidia Quadro or ATI FireGL. These are meant for 3D design.

letmein

Broken In
I'm a bit new to the hardware scene and I may be wrong, but I don't think you can get a 5850 and an i7 in 65k. 5850 alone is 17,000, i7 is 13,000 plus mobo and triple channel RAM in total will cost you around 40k+. You'll still have to add in Case, monitor, KB, Mouse, HDD, DVD Drive.

I've got a nice i5 build I've been making, if you're interested, I can post that.

shaw-T

Right off the assembly line
for monitors you could try BenQ , i heard that they are cheap.... or else... viewsonic is also pretty good

Thuban

Thanks all for replying, i cant expand my budget any further than this and planing to buy this system in a month time. I'm also considering to buy motherboard, ram and gfx card from abroad thru some relatives.

I won't suggest HD5850 for Gfx design. Wait for Nvidia Fermi card which looks extremely promising card for professional work. currently, it's better to pick Nvidia Quadro or ATI FireGL. These are meant for 3D design.

ok, will that card come in budget.

I'm a bit new to the hardware scene and I may be wrong, but I don't think you can get a 5850 and an i7 in 65k. 5850 alone is 17,000, i7 is 13,000 plus mobo and triple channel RAM in total will cost you around 40k+. You'll still have to add in Case, monitor, KB, Mouse, HDD, DVD Drive.

I've got a nice i5 build I've been making, if you're interested, I can post that.

u can post it i will have a look at it.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. Nvidia Quadro FX-580 should be good. If you can pay more, look for FX-1800

On ATI's side you have V5600 for $300 and V3600 for some $150

amitash

Intel OCer
You can also consider the new core i5 + P55 combo to save money for a gfx card...perf is same as i7-920 anyway

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Just get an i5 or i7 and a Quadro. (They are solely created for graphics design)

No ways you need a 5xxx series. Please.

Thuban

ok guys, I'm just learning gfx designing, will be doing it professional in a year or two.
i have just a couple of days to finalize the config if i have to get it from abroad or else i will have to buy it here. pls mention other component also.

pls check this config and tell me what do u think about it.
Motherboard
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188039
or
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128362

Memory
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231225
or
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145222

Gfx Card
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102857

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1) pick the EVGA board.
2) how about this : *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227365
This one has tighter timings of 8-8-8-24
3) HD5850 is purely gaming card meant for hardcore gamers and not for 3D design and casual gaming. It fares poorly when compared to FireGL or Quadro.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Also for graphics design, get tons and tons of RAM. The more the merrier. Those softwares take a lot of RAM.

Also not to throw a spanner into the works...MACs are supposed to be the best for Graphics design...give that a thought...?

Thuban

1) pick the EVGA board.
2) how about this : *www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227365
This one has tighter timings of 8-8-8-24
3) HD5850 is purely gaming card meant for hardcore gamers and not for 3D design and casual gaming. It fares poorly when compared to FireGL or Quadro.

ok is there a 4GB dual Kit or shall i go for 6gb triple kit...

Also for graphics design, get tons and tons of RAM. The more the merrier. Those softwares take a lot of RAM.

Also not to throw a spanner into the works...MACs are supposed to be the best for Graphics design...give that a thought...?

ok , MACs out of reach...

That will cost an arm and a leg. I mean for mac workstation..

Revised: That will cost an arm and a leg and then some. to but a mac workstation..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^ he could manage a mac lappy for ~70K. He is almost giving up an arm for the 65K

:)

@OP:
Go for a 6GB triple kit. three modules and it will run in optimized tri-channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom