Assembling a Gaming PC and need help/suggestions?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Arihant Computers,Ritchie Street is also a good vendor.

Intel Core i5 4570 -14000,
Gigabyte H87-D3H -7800,
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 8GB -5200, (Alternative:Kingston)
Asus R9 270X 2GB -16500,
Corsair 200R -3500, (Alternative:Antec GX700)
Seasonic S12II 520w -4600,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1100,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -4200,
Microsoft gaming Combo 800 -1200.
TOTAL -58100.

If you bargain you can get a bit cheaper for the whole config.
PS: Wish you a Happy & Prosperous New Year 2014.

Last edited:
OP
A

anthony.praveen

Broken In
Done.png

This is what i ended up finally, i have provided the price and source of purchase. Expecting all the delivery to be completed atleast in a week. I will update my comments on the assembling experience and performance very soon.

OP
A

anthony.praveen

Broken In
Folks, this is the problem... This is why i had requested for suggestions on place of purchase as well. as per my research this is the lowest possible price i could get in chennai every vendor i approached gave the excuse of tax in the state, i am not sure how far it is true but all the quotations i had got for the same configuration was much costlier than what i have got online. fine now i have purchased and so i don't have any other choice.

got a problem now for which i need your suggestions as quick as possible.

The graphics card is out of stock and i have got a call from it depot for a change of brand. i.e. from

Asus Radeon R9 270X 2GB DDR5 ATI PCI E Graphics Card (R9270X-DC2-2GD5)

to

MSI Radeon R9 Series R9 270X 2GB DDR5 ATI PCI E Graphics Card (R9 270X GAMING 2G). - Rs. 18567

it is costlier than the Asus model.

is there a different graphics card which I could go for within my budget? I can see 2 versions, hawk and gaming in msi T9 270x

Cilus

laborare est orare
Cancel the order of graphics card and get the money back for it. Then buy from here:-
ASUS GRAPHICS CARD R9 270X DC2 2GB DDR5 (R9270X-DC2-2GD5 - R9270X-DC2-2GD5 - - 22,500.00)
HIS GRAPHICS CARD R9 270X ICEQ X2 BOOST CLOCK 2GB DDR5

OP
A

anthony.praveen

Broken In
@Cilus Both are out of stock, only this is available - SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD DUAL-X R9 270X 4GB DDR5 OC BOOST. Not sure about its performance, just waiting for some help.

Got another problem here with the stock, RAM which i ordered might get delayed. Guys need you to pour your suggestions here. Should i wait for - Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (KHX1600C9D3B1/4G) or may be order - Gskill 4Gb X 1 Ddr3 1600Mhz Cl9 Ripjaws X RAM (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL) or Gskill 4Gb X 1 Ddr3 1600Mhz Cl9 Sniper RAM which is slightly costlier than Kingston but it's heat spreader and lifetime warranty looks appealing. I get these for Rs.2957 from snapdeal, is there a better place?

@Cilus Both are out of stock, only this is available - SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD DUAL-X R9 270X 4GB DDR5 OC BOOST. Not sure about its performance, just waiting for some help.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Get sapphire r9 270x 2gb one with eyes closed

*mdcomputers.in/sapphire-graphics-card-dual-x-r9-270x-2gb-ddr5-oc.html

Last edited:

ASHISH65

Technomancer
wut!? why not :(

Rarely few game utilizes over 2gb vram @ 1080p, over 3-4gb vram is only useful if you are going for multigpu setup or Play with skyrim + heavy mods

270x is not that powerful gpu to utilize 4gb of vram

OP
A

anthony.praveen

Broken In
Get sapphire r9 270x 2gb one with eyes closed

SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD DUAL-X R9 270X 2GB DDR5 OC (R9-270X -DUAL-X-OC - R9-270X -DUAL-X-OC - - 19,500.00)

even thats out of stock :|
you got to go till the checkout page to know that bro

Folks one question here, what if i want to go for a simpler graphic card.? Something like a 'XFX HD 7770 1GB DDR5 Graphic Cards', how far would the performance degrade. Help me here with some example.

Folks one question here, what if i want to go for a simpler graphic card.? Something like a 'XFX HD 7770 1GB DDR5 Graphic Cards', how far would the performance degrade. Help me here with some example.

Give them a call once. they are known for not updating their website.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist

you better avoid xfx brand. stick with asus ,gigabyte,sapphire

Top Bottom