Assemble a pc for me techies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aadipa

Padawan
blade_runner said:
aadipa said:
bcoz P4 will give him a chance to get a good AGP card and good Speakers as cost of P4 2.8c + D865GBF is nearly same as Athlon 64 2800 & u will have to get a system board too....

AMD 64 2800+ 9.5k
Asus K8V mobo 7k
Transcend/Corsair 512Mb DDR400 6k
Hdd Samsung/Seagate 160GB 6k
Monitor 17 6k
Kbrd+mouse 1k
Sony/Liteon Cd-rw 1.7k
Creative sound blaster sndcrd 2k
Creative 4.1 3.2k
Radeon 9800pro 12.5k

Good AGP card: I think the radeon 9800 qualifies for one ;).
I think 4.1 from creative are fair enuf for gaming and listening to songs.
I know the cost of the AMD 64 proccy is high but then look u are getting future proof stuff isn't it ? And to top it AMD has reduced the prices of their AMD 64 proccys. And plus the config is within his budget so i guess thats fair enuf.
AMD reduced price :)
then its time to get on 64 bit wave
and i was first to give him 64 bit cofig ;)

aadipa

Padawan
neeravkothari said:
i hear that there are many few 64 bit apps yet. why would i then go for 64 bit pc? what if my 32 bit apps don't work on it?
AMDs 64 bit architecture isdeveloped in such a way that 32 bit applications are supported with new 64 bit applications. It is backword compatible to 32 bit applications. :)

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
aadipa said:
neeravkothari said:
i hear that there are many few 64 bit apps yet. why would i then go for 64 bit pc? what if my 32 bit apps don't work on it?
AMDs 64 bit architecture isdeveloped in such a way that 32 bit applications are supported with new 64 bit applications. It is backword compatible to 32 bit applications. :)

Yeah u r right !!

@neerav: for the time being u can install WinXP 32 bit until 64 bit edition arrives. Or if u don't use Windows then Linux already has 64 bit distros.

technomodel

Journeyman
yeah, blade is right. and i know that coz i have suffered from frustration by getting what spy suggested and my frnd got a 64 bit rig, spending just abt 5k extra. but i guess u can skip the sndcrd for now and settle for the onboard sound. and y r u going for both a cdrw and dvdrw when u can get only dvdrw with all the features and much less cost.
and yeah, if u want frills and fancy names, go for the LGA775 P4 EE, but performance wise the 64 bit is gonna dominate the market and make ur machine better for future appl. also, for the EE, the heat generated is enough to fry ur cabinrt :D .
u might like to follow this link and check out the Athlon64 against the others.
*techreport.com/reviews/2003q3/athlon64/index.x?pg=1

theraven

Technomancer
actually the stock fans are sufficient for the lga 775 series processors
the heat problem is not completely solved but its much better than the older ( to lga 775) "newer" socket 478 prescotts ...

OP
N

neeravkothari

Broken In
is til have 2 years to buiy the pc! lets see what dominateds the market then. tw i have abudgest expanded situation as i';m going to buy from my own money. only q that haunts me is 'do i rellay even need a pc!!?'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom