Ashes Cricket 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Ashes Cricket 2009

Codemasters and Transmission games have dusted off their cricket whites for Ashes Cricket 2009, and we got an exclusive first look at the new game.

Codemasters' last cricket game was also developed by Transmission Games, which previously brought us Brian Lara 2007 Pressure Play on the PSP. Since then, the Melbourne-based studio has been designing Ashes Cricket 2009 from scratch for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Producer Jamie Firth gave us an exclusive first look at the game ahead of this summer's biggest clash.

As the name implies, Ashes Cricket 2009 features fully licensed versions of the English and Australian international cricket teams, as well as unlicensed teams from a range of other cricketing nations. All of the test-playing nations should be in the final game, and Codies has promised a robust player and team editor, combined with plenty of generic heads, to help you get team likenesses as close as possible. Given that the English and Australia selectors are keeping the final Ashes sides under close guard, the exact lineup in the game has yet to be confirmed, but expect to see 23 players in each squad, covering all of the usual suspects. We saw models of Ponting, Vaughan, Prior, and Sidebottom, all of whom were instantly recognisable.

The stadiums are also looking rather detailed, and with 18 stadiums from 12 nations, there should be something to please most fans. England and Wales get to play on Lords, The Oval, Edgbaston, Cardiff, and Headingley--the five grounds set to host 2009 Ashes tests--whereas Australia has the Melbourne, Brisbane (The Gabba), and Sydney Cricket Grounds. Other locations span India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, West Indies, and Zimbabwe. The atmosphere will change depending on the conditions of the match and locations. For example, Firth said that the test crowd at Lords is somewhat staid at the beginning of play, with the crowds filling up the stands throughout the day.

Pitch options will also be based on their real-life counterparts, so if you want to play on a crumbly pitch, you'll need to play somewhere warm such as Sri Lanka or the West Indies. Other pitches, such as Brisbane, will be baking hot and hard in the height of summer. You'll be able to tweak the wear of the pitch from the typical wear on day one, through to the fifth day of a test. Thankfully, there'll be no delays for rain or bad light but, for instance, you're more likely to have cloudy, cool weather in milder climates such as England. Weather will also affect performance, and a really hot day can affect stamina. Players will regain some of this via tea and lunch, but the heat during the course of a long day in the field will certainly take its toll.

The Ashes, regular test matches, one-day internationals, and Twenty20 matches will all be available in the game as well as the option to create custom tournaments. There's also a Classic Moments mode in which you can replay historical scenarios with current players, using Hawkeye data that allows for the paths of actual test balls to be accurately emulated in-game. There are three levels of difficulty that essentially change the timing window that you have when batting or bowling. Recent changes to the game have been incorporated into Cricket 2009, such as Kookaburra's pink night-match ball, batting powerplays, and the free-hit rule included in Twenty20 matches. For those who don't have the time for a full test, you'll be able to simulate entire matches, batting or bowling sessions, and overs. We didn't get a chance to see any multiplayer, but Cricket 2009 will support up to four players in offline matches, with two batsmen, and two bowlers taking alternate overs. Online multiplayer will be a straight-up head-to-head match, with all of the different modes and teams supported. You'll be able to customise player stats and uniforms in offline matches, but this won't carry across to online play.

*uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/ashescricket2009/news.html?page=1&sid=6209381

*img27.imageshack.us/img27/6567/93472940.jpg

*img27.imageshack.us/img27/4130/20935323.jpg

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
^^ Kaunsi buy karega?For PS3,Xbox or PC?I think PC wali better hai it can be modded.
And expect EA to announce their game soon.EA mein unofficial IPL bhi hai.:p

How do you know that EA game has IPL? Peter Moore said he has nothing to talk about a Cricket game.

I'll 'get' the PC version and 'buy' the PS3 version :D PC wali modding ke liye aur PS3 graphics ke liye:D

OP
gaurav_indian

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
How do you know that EA game has IPL? Peter Moore said he has nothing to talk about a Cricket game.

I'll 'get' the PC version and 'buy' the PS3 version :D PC wali modding ke liye aur PS3 graphics ke liye:D

Aisa maine suna hai planetcricket pe.Ab codemaster ki game aa rahi hai aur EA ki naa aaye aisa ho nahi sakta.:mad:

bharat_r

In the zone
The graphics looks crappy. It's the same as in BLIC 07. the crowds still look like cardboards and the players look cartoonish.
Look at the graphics of MLB 2k9. Codemasters and Transmission games should lean from 2k sports how crowd animation & player modeling/animation should be.

I expect this to be yet another crappy cricket game. :x

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Waiting for a cricket game since cricket 07 with 1000 eyes. Finally i can't wait untill i get hands on this beauty.

I'll follow sunny's way. Buy ps3 for graphics and pc for modding.

Talking about the detail in the crowd....You could not expect even from ps3 to run at smoother frame rates when more than 30000 cardboards are rendered in 3d... even ps3 struggled when there are only 2000 people in the games like. Especially in the games like.. heavenly sword.

pagol123

Say Hello to ur new frnd
i think even brian lara cricket 95 is far more better than these ea,s latest one i hate ea crickets. all bowler are bowl at same style. u should 1st install brian lara cricket and change some setting in gui folder (TeamAndPlayerInfo.bag) and than see the difference. thanx to planet cricket. go to download sec and this file is waqiting 4 ur downloadf. and u can see a real youvraj sing and others. that is the best cricket game i ever find in pc platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom