Artifacts from Bootup screen itself.

trs2099

Broken In
Hi,

I have Zotac 9800gt 512 MB Eco PCI-E Card .It was working fine till yesterday but since morning it is showing artifacts since the booting. the whole screen is unreadable right from card info.i use DVI connector to connect monitor to display. can it be a dvi problem or VRAM issue.

clmlbx

Technomancer
Problems can be either monitor, card, connector on or cable.

First try connecting it to on-board graphics,

do this and let us know .

what type of artifacts and which monitor are you using,

Last edited:
OP
T

trs2099

Broken In
already connected on onboard problem has disappeared. so culprit can be either connector or card itself.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I had this problem when I was using my friends 8800 card on my system for testing. the artifacts come up right from POST screen. but my fix was quite strange.. a windows driver update fixed it.. :| yes.. you read that right.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/144390-bfg-8800gt-query.html

try cleaning the card using vacuum cleaner, in my experience, higher temperature also causes these kind of issue .

OP
T

trs2099

Broken In
Hi,

I used it at night to play crysis 2 for half hour it played fine .
in morning it was a cold boot.it still gave me unrecognizable symbols on bootup.i had to force shutdown screen as was unable to view the contents of screen.

clmlbx

Technomancer
ok then try again with card and same connector and try shaking it when you switch on computer.. does it have any effect on display.. if so then connector must be culprit.. well to test it you have to use different connector but you can try what I said earlier in this post..

Top Bottom