Are these prices fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrix

Broken In
I'm from Gurgaon. Are these prices fair?

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ & Asus K8V (not Deluxe) ---- Rs. 16,300

Hynix DDR 400 2*256MB ----- 2 x Rs. 2250 = Rs. 4500 OR Hynix DDR400 512MB ----- Rs. 4650

Seagate 80GB SATA ----- Rs. 3750

Tell me, how much costlier is the Asus K8V Deluxe than the non deluxe one? He had no idea :| And how much costlier is the 3200+?

And is the GeForce MX4000 video card fine. I'm not into gaming, but Maya and 3DsMax may be used

Is the APC 600VA worth the money? He suggests Luminous for half the price

Thanks

funkymonkey

Journeyman
well if you are not into gaming then Athlon 64 is not what you should go for.
Pentium4 will do better in apps like 3dmax and Maya.
Prices seems ok and fair enough. Also S754 athlon 64 are not dual channel so just get 1 stick of RAM if you are getting this motherboard.
But if your main objective is 3dsmax and maya you better go for Pentium.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
APC is def the brand to go for. However the 600VA is just gonna give u longer back up. So if you plan to use ur UPS as primparily so that ur power failure doesnt shut down the system too and you can perform a normal shut down then go for a 500VA. Thats 2900 Rs. Do not compromise on the UPS. APC is one of the best.

SD RAM's are difficult to procure. Last I heard a 128 MB stick was goin for as high as 2500 Rs. So try to bargain a lil more for your older system.

If you are going to you graphics applications then I would agree with funkymonkey. Go for a Pentium based system. Also you might want to pick up another hdd making for your swap files and storing your work.

OP
A

Astrix

Broken In
Hey guys! Thanks for the prompt replies. I was kinda disappointed the prices were all right :p

Anyway, the mention of 3DsMax and Maya was just offhand, as regards whether or not the video card was upto the job (GeForce MX4000). It is not the primary purpose. My brother might be using those apps.

Otherwise, I am a performance freak (LOL... a performance freak with a PII 350Mhz) and really want the Athlon 64, even though I'm not into gaming.

funkymonkey - Isn't it better to have two sticks anyway? Seems to be cheaper

icecoolz - 2500 bucks for an old stick or new? And I'm glad you told me not to compromise on the UPS, because I was being talked into going in for something local

And to repeat a question, anyone you know how much a 3200+ should approx. cost? And the Asus K8V Deluxe?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
2500 bucks for an old stick...they are very hard t find these days....And yes dont compromise on the UPS...its often overlooked and messes up the system quite bad.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Prices are wat too high
kingston ddr 400 512 csots max 4k

amd 3200 64 +msi nfroce 3 250=15k,sandeep singh delhi

rohanbee

Padawan
I got a kingston 400 512mb for Rs3850/- so i agree with akshyat about the hynix price being very high. :cry:

I just bought a seagate barracuda 80gb sata hard drive and it is approx the same price that you mentioned. :)

OP
A

Astrix

Broken In
akshayt, that is really cool! Where did you buy that from? And is the msi nforce3 mobo better than the k8v

rohanbee: it would be great if you could post about what else you got and at what prices for my reference :)

rohanbee

Padawan
Ok i bought an intel 3.0ghz + 915 gav mobo for rs.16,500/-

Got a intex tower cabinet for around Rs1250/-

my recent acquisition has been the Altec lansing 2.1 speaker set for Rs.10,500/-

pa_ajaykumar

Broken In
I got the AMD Athlon64 3000+ and the MSI K8N Neo Platinum Mobo for 18,000. This board is based on nForce3 250GB and has onboard Gigabit Lan,8 Channel Sound, Firewire onboard, Also it has 4 SATA Channels with RAID support and 2 PATA with RAID.

You can go for this combo as i think it will be better than the VIA based chipsets. I benchmarked my PC in SiSoft Sandra 2004 and it is returning scores near to those of a 3.2 Ghz P4.

Also I got 2 x 512 MB Hynix DDR 400 sticks for 8900 Rs. So that makes it 4450/- per stick.

and 200 GB Seagate Barracuda SATA for 6000/-

Dont go for this card. Invest 2500 to 3000 Bucks and go for a decent card in the GeForce 5 series. This would be good for Maya and 3D max also

OP
A

Astrix

Broken In
Why, yes I would be. But this would only be in the first week or December or so, if you can wait until then because that's when I'll most likely buy the new stuff.

How much are you willing to pay for it?

Sinnet

Broken In
hi :)
if u want plain UPS got for a inetx 600VA it costs around 1900 :)
as for the ram 256MB hynix DDR400 costs 1950 or 2050 MAX !!
dont buy single 512mb modules
use 2 256mb modules :D
as for 80 GB SATA !! price should be around 3300-3400 max :)
and DONT buy geforce 4mx - it's CRAP
but 9200 SE thats like better :)
enjoy :)

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
i can sell u USED 256+128 Mb DDR266 for just Rs.2200/- with free courier to ur place!
Also, can get u Twinmos 512Mb DDR400 for 4.5k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom