Are these files necessary in 'C' drive ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

raksrules

Youngling
The C drive in my office PC is running out of space and i am getting the Low disk space message now and then. Deleting temp and temp internet files doesn't help much. I saw these folders in the windows directory. They are all hidden. Are these necessary or can i delete them safely.

$NtUninstallKB873339$
$NtUninstallKB917159$

and so on occupying nearly 1 Gb of space. :mad:

Please suggest. Also if there are any other places from where i can delete unnecessary files to reclaim the space.

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
its just the temp files incase you want to revert any service packs and windows updates installed by windows. :D

you can just delete them.... if you dont plan to uninstall windows updates and service packs...

I just delete them :D

_

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Use Ccleaner which will clean Temp files,browsers cache & other unwanted files.

imageek

Journeyman
Hi

u can try one more thing,go to properties for that drive,in disk cleanup(>>more options) there is one button to remove all but the most recently made restore point.You can try that if you want,

Genrally, restore points can take up a lot of disk space,when clogged up for a long period of time

regards

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Hi

u can try one more thing,go to properties for that drive,in disk cleanup(>>more options) there is one button to remove all but the most recently made restore point.You can try that if you want,

Genrally, restore points can take up a lot of disk space,when clogged up for a long period of time

regards

Simple way to have a control over it is by allocating some fixed disk space to it. Like I have alloted 1GB. It will never pass that mark! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom