Are quad core processors good for gaming?

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Please be more specific by telling your system configuration and wether you plan to buy both motherboard and processor or only processor

Zishi

Broken In
Go with higher clock speed Core2Duo for normal games;
If you want to play latest DX11 games than go with Quad..

OP
G

gamemperor

Right off the assembly line
aah my PC is a Antique **** box xD ^^...

p4 2.66 ghz
1 GB DDR ram @_@
and a screwed up intel mobo =__=
has no graphic card

well yes i will have to buy a mobo too....[cuz the current one jus wont support the new thingz]
so do suggest me a mobo around 4ks which is compatible with processor u mention xD ^^

and if the mobo u suggest runs DDR3 RAM then plz temme how much it will cost to get a 1 or 2 gb stick

THANX in Advance guyz

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
can you tell your whole budget??

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Go with higher clock speed Core2Duo for normal games;
If you want to play latest DX11 games than go with Quad..

there is no such thing...dx11 games can be played on dual cores also...you need a dx11 gpu

OP
G

gamemperor

well 6 for the proccey and around 4 for the mobo so tat gives around 10ks

and will buy new stick of ram by selling[plus adding a bit by ma side] the one m havin now xD @_@

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
get this:

Athlon II X4 630/635.
Biostar TA785G3 HD.

total will be @ 9k & will play almost any game you throw at it, provided its backed by 2Gb or more ram. with the extra 1k, add 1.5k (by selling your old parts, adding extra cash) and get a single stick of DDR3.

Piyush

Lanaya
athlon II X4 630 is avb @ 4.4k and 635 @ 4.9k
MSI 785g is avb @ 4.6k and 880g @ 5.6k

so make up the combination as u like

OP
G

gamemperor

i have heard that MSI mobos come up with many probs related to bios and other stuffs.....

mahn what should i do @_@.....

and is buyin a biostar mobo worth ??

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
i have heard that MSI mobos come up with many probs related to bios and other stuffs.....

mahn what should i do @_@.....

and is buyin a biostar mobo worth ??
I've bought a MSI mobo with AMD Athlon X3 Processor for my dad and it's working perfectly fine without any kind of BIOS related problems as you said. There's nothing to worry about MSI mobos, go for them.

OP
G

gamemperor

you are using that mobo since ??

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

btw tat biostar mobo is quite cheap and offers almost everything i need.....the only con is it has only 2 memory slots.

m reading the user reviews of biostar and all i got is tat they are quite good.

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

howz this mobo
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TA870+ AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard

?

Cons: No integrated graphics.

that means???
please shed some light U_U

Top Bottom