are pc gamers better of than console gamers?

Best Gaming Platform..CONSOLE or PC?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rohanbee

Padawan
This debate would be a never ending one. There can be no clear winner here.
Personally i prefer pc because of the kind of strategy games i play and the numerous keyboard shortcuts and mouse features that i use.
I guess at the end of the day it depende on what kind of game you are playing.

Delpiero

Journeyman
I like PS2. PS2 has better graphics than PC. See resident evil3 on PS2 and PC you will see which one is better. PS2 costs Rs. 11,000 and high end GPU will set you back Rs. 20-35,000. :shock:

rohanbee

Padawan
Well thats absolutely correct del piero..........there's no beating the fact that in a console you pop in the game and expect to have the best possible graphics played without hitches or crashes............
...............but
a pc can do much much more..............its more flexible.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Err...Delpiero...I don't know how you can say that games look better on the PS2 than they do on PCs. It's the ports that end up looking worse on the PC. And mind you, the Resident Evil series ports were certainly not the best ports to the PC that you will see. If you really wanna compare, compare games like NFSU/U2 which were released for all platforms at the same time. The Xbox versions of games look anyday better than the PS2 and the PC tops that too. Just look at DOOM III on the Xbox and on the PC.

Of course, consoles have the price benefit and buy and play advantage too. But until the next generation comes, PC graphics are far superior to any console.

Sourabh

Laptoping
@Delpiero

lol the RE3 graphics seems to be poor becoz its an old game so it doesnt accept high resolutions in the game by default due to newed graphic chips

all u have to do is just fress F2 and choose a high resolution and then watch the difference

even the worst of onboards play that game at high resolution

give it a try and then say that PC rulz!

supersaiyan

In the zone
well i think the gfx card manufacturers won't be behind the consoles. take for example the physics gfx card being developed. btw i personally feel that if u r a c gamer u get used to playing on the keyboard/mic combo. but if u r used to a console then u r used to playing on the controller. for example the cursor keys on the keyboard are to the right but on the console controller they r on the left. so it takes some time to get used to either of them. this isn't really a debatable topic.

ammusk

Journeyman
PC Definitely

PC wins hands down
controls may be a prob if the game has been ported from a console
the ingame graphics and sound effects are grt on a PC
also ability to add mods and patches to a PC title
ammusk

shaunak

Tux Fan
3 disadvantages of the consoles.
~no or limited multiplayer
~sucisvile controls
~does nothing else

@ also now the pc graphics have overtaken the ps2 :D
but unfortunately ps3 has pushed the consols back on track :cry:
did any one see the gfx of the ps3? it looked like a star wars flick!! and it was being rendered in real time! kicks the pants off half life 2 and doom 3.

sure the pc has disadvantages too:
~the 6month upgrade cycle!

BUT THE PC STILL WINS 3-1! 1 disadvantage for pc 3 for console!

rohanbee

Padawan
supersaiyan said:
well i think the gfx card manufacturers won't be behind the consoles. take for example the physics gfx card being developed. btw i personally feel that if u r a c gamer u get used to playing on the keyboard/mic combo. but if u r used to a console then u r used to playing on the controller. for example the cursor keys on the keyboard are to the right but on the console controller they r on the left. so it takes some time to get used to either of them. this isn't really a debatable topic.

I agree with our friend here. This is a never-ending debate. There are no clear winners here.

plasmafire

Journeyman
u know, why there is no Black & white for consoles??
b'coz the creator thought that "Consoles are for ppl who go to the bar, come home half drunk and play a game,
PC gamers are ppl who play games instead of going to the bar. i believe that my game will suffer on the console purely b'coz of the lack of intellect of console gamers"
Flame him with ur sorry pleas consolers..not me..
Most games that require u to apply ur mind(skill) are not good on consoles. try FPS on ur console without auto aiming..

plasmafire

Journeyman
RE3 looks better on the PC, if u have the hardware.. Just count the polygons man.. there is no comparison betn Xbox, PS II and a 6800 or even 6600 card.

D

Deleted member 5901

Nemesis said:
Not this debate again! PC gamers will never agree that console controllers are good and vice-versa. It depends on what you get used to. I am myself a PC gamer and I love the keyboard+mouse combo but there's no denying that certain games are better played on consoles. The best example of games that work better on consoles are action games such as Soul Calibur, Devil May Cry, Mortal Kombat and all those RPG games that are in such abundance on the PS2 platform ;). Those would be literally unplayable on computers. Even most sports games work better on consoles. However, the one genre that I feel sucks on consoles is the FPS genre. I simply cannot play FPSes on consoles. The keyboard+mouse combo rules as far as FPSes go. Even third person shooters feel better on a PC. Racing games are debatable. In NFSU, I drive better with my keyboard than I do with a PS2 controller :D

thatz true guys and gals !!!

Cheers !!! :wink: :!:

Charley

Just Do It
Re: hi

nix said:
PC gaming is expensive as it requires frequent hardware upgrades.

consoles in india are not a feasible option because of the difficulty to get games for them.
but b/w the 2, i'd stick with the PC.

Even though PC is kinda expensive, most of the gamers prefer that due to the ease of playing. I'd recommend any1 a PC console.

Delpiero

Journeyman

achacko@dataone.in said:
nix said:

consoles in india are not a feasible option because of the difficulty to get games for them.

Even though PC is kinda expensive, most of the gamers prefer that due to the ease of playing. I'd recommend any1 a PC console.
What's a PC console? :? BTW There is no winner between PS2 and PC both have their advantages and disadvantages.

D

Deleted member 5901

Delpiero said:
achacko@dataone.in said:
nix said:

What's a PC console? :? BTW There is no winner between PS2 and PC both have their advantages and disadvantages.

the PC wins hands down !!! Pc can b upgraded and PS2 NOT !!!

Cheers !!! :wink: :!:

khandu

In the zone
of course PS2 graphics and gaming is better..

but as ppl said .. PC can be upgraded..

only a hardcore gamer can understand the usage of a PS2 over a PC.. if u ask any hardcore gamer.. he will choose PS2..

D

Deleted member 5901

khandu said:
of course PS2 graphics and gaming is better..

but as ppl said .. PC can be upgraded..

only a hardcore gamer can understand the usage of a PS2 over a PC.. if u ask any hardcore gamer.. he will choose PS2..

Im sure U INCLUDE FIRST PERSON SHOOTERS WITHOUT AUTO-AIMING ON PS2 !!! CORRECT Coz WHEN U TALK ABOUT HARDCORE GAMERZ THEN U MEAN GUYZ LIVIN IN OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD WHO GAME DAY AND NIGHT FOR THEIR LIVING (Coz i dont think there would b NE1 here SITTING in india doing this or a living)(SO itz simple no one here is a HARDCORE GAMER !!!)!! SO THINK BFORE U TRY U CHANGE VIEWS !!! Remember !!!

CHEERS !!! :wink: :!:

plasmafire

Journeyman
Heh heh.. i don't c u console boys replying to my previous posts.. grow up dudes..
All major high stakes events are organized on PC gaming the world over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom