are no cd cracks legal if i own the game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

expertno.1

Technomancer
are no cd cracks legal if i own the game ?

yes if i buy the game and get it no cd crack
then it will be illegal or legal ?

what are your opinions ?

coz i want to save the cd for long instaead of making it rubbing int the drive

is t illegal or legal ?

bharat_r

In the zone
I don't think they are illegal to use a crack if u have the CD.

I use cracks for most games since opening the CD drive,opening the CD case,taking out the CD,puting the CD in the drive,closeing the drive all take soooo much time.

Save time by using a no-cd crack.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
It's not illegal ... I believe but if U start distributing it amongst ur frd's then its a serious crime! ..

Well, i can give U an option make ur cd's Images ... in .ISO format . use Alcohol 120% .. it works great! & then burn new cd's .. use these new ones instead of the original ones!

& forgot to tell ya .. dunt worry! abt making sucessful images . Alcohol 120% can make images for ne level of secured cd's .. tht might be LASER lock or watever .. go ahead enjoy ur gaming time!

djmykey

Let the music play.....
use virtual drive rather than cracks coz using cracks some games like road rash and all (pardon me I couldnt remember any other games name) doesnt show the cut scenes (if you like them). So u could be better off using virtual drive. (Now whos gonna buy road rash's original cd for that reason :))

D

Deleted member 5901

He use Virtual Cd/DVD emulator use google to search it its freeware !!!!

Cheers !!!!

GameAddict

In the zone
Here is what I know

Hi,

Game Publishers, or for that matter Software Publishers, grant you the *rights* to use thier software. Now that does not mean that you own the software. They can't let you own, because then one can do anything with a owned property.

So if one applies crack to a game, what he/she is doing is modifying a component of the game, which is not allowed.But yes, backups for one's own use are allowed.

Also some might have the question that why cracks are not banned, if they are illegal. Making cracks is not illegal (you are writing a piece of code), but distributing/using them is. Same with Viruses. Funny, isn't ? ;)

Bye!

GA

bharat_r

In the zone
Re: Here is what I know

GameAddict said:
Hi,

Game Publishers, or for that matter Software Publishers, grant you the *rights* to use thier software. Now that does not mean that you own the software. They can't let you own, because then one can do anything with a owned property.

So if one applies crack to a game, what he/she is doing is modifying a component of the game, which is not allowed.But yes, backups for one's own use are allowed.

Also some might have the question that why cracks are not banned, if they are illegal. Making cracks is not illegal (you are writing a piece of code), but distributing/using them is. Same with Viruses. Funny, isn't ? ;)

Bye!

GA

Illegal?the u also mean that mods & patches developed by 3rd parties to improve the game is illegal?

For example: *www.cricket2004.co.uk/ provides the best patches & mods for the game cricket 2004.The game's improved a lot after using the patches-Gameplay,graphics...everything u can think of.

Sorry if u feel this is advertising the link can be removed...(I a moderator at the cricket2004.co.uk online forums)

GameAddict

In the zone
Re: Here is what I know

bharat_r said:
GameAddict said:
Hi,

Bye!

GA

Illegal?the u also mean that mods & patches developed by 3rd parties to improve the game is illegal?

For example: *www.cricket2004.co.uk/ provides the best patches & mods for the game cricket 2004.The game's improved a lot after using the patches-Gameplay,graphics...everything u can think of.

Sorry if u feel this is advertising the link can be removed...(I a moderator at the cricket2004.co.uk online forums)

With Mods, the Game developers themselves provide Editors to build Maps/Mods. So that cannot be illegal.What are 3rd party patches? I didn't get it! :? Fans release modified executables to overcome some issues, if the game company does not release updates or has stopped providing support. Do you meant these kind of patches? They are illegal too, but nobody cares. Also check out with EA if they will provide support if there are any game issues after unverified/independent 3rd party patches are applied. ;) In short, mods/maps are not illegal, patches might be.

bharat_r

In the zone
I meant patches not released by the company itself.

For cricket 2004 an EXE had been released by a modder which fixed most of the bugs and put in extra features.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom