Are my hard drive speeds okay?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I have two internal drives in my rig. A Seagate and a Caviar Black. Could someone tell me if the speeds are okay? Especially the Seagate?

A: Seagate ST3500418AS

*i.imgur.com/DAn9BOO.png

*i.imgur.com/48YwzW7.png

B: WD Black:

*i.imgur.com/kQsetpm.png

*i.imgur.com/RIsbskZ.png

Hmm, as per further noticing I am seeing that the Black is averaging lower than the Seagate! Why the hell is that? Should I apply for RMA?

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
^ It's HD Tune Pro, it's there written on the screenshot!

Anyway, I would really like some opinions on my drives, especially the Black. Elsewhere people keep telling me that the hard drive is dying, is that true?

What's this 'interface CRC error count', and the status is mentioned as 'attention'?

*i.imgur.com/pn7Iian.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
for a hard disk that has been used for 13846 hours(power on hours count value converted to standard decimal) this much time these values are pretty good.crc error count almost always means faulty sata cable especially if it increases.

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Oh, great, will change the cable then.
What do you make about the Seagate?

*i.imgur.com/cFwH0TZ.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
HDTune already shows values in decimal so edited my earlier post but still your 1tb drive looks good.seeing this i would prefer crystaldisk info software's values.just download the portable standard zip version or portable shizuku edition zip version which simply has an anime character as background pic,rest same(installer versions have adware).portable version does not need to install & then post values of seagate drive.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay bro, I'll install Crystaldisk and check the drives and post result at late night.
If you can kindly check this topic tomorrow.

Top Bottom