Are Apple earphones worth 1200??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
whatever you said is the actual misconception.

who said that you will get loads of bass in high end earphones? high-end earphones doesn't mean loads of bass. They sound lot better and the sound will be more balanced. I really enjoyed lot of songs on my MDR-EX32LP than on pathetic bundled earphones. And for god's sake, ipod earphones cost 1200 bucks and certainly aren't low end.

coming to the in-ear stuff. Thanks to the noise isolation, I do not crank up the ipod volume while I am walking. Because of the isolation, I am able to hear each and every bit of music and vocals with minimal environmental noise. If I carry bundled earphones, I would have to put them on a much higher volume. Hence, in-ear headphones or noise cancellation phones actually are good for ears.

1) cut off noise
2) keep players volume at lower level

There only very few people who won't feel comfortable with in-ear headphones. That will be because their in-ear headphones doens't fit properly in their ear. They either have to go for active noise cancelling headphones or go for normal earphones. For others, It's better to have noicse cancelling/isolating earphones for safe listening.

And don't think that by turning on noise cancelling, you will be in a fully isolated environment. NO. The device cuts as much noise as possible. And they are meant for use at places like train stations, concerts, noisy environments, where the noise is much more than what we have on Indian streets.

hehe. buying apple earphones for 1200 bucks is like buying Maruti 800 for the price of Maruti SX4 ;)

That's some good stuff right there. But just one little thing. While its true that IEMs are good for your ears because of the fact that they block out external noise, there is one thing you have to keep in mind, and that is that people tend to listen to IEMs at abnormally high volumes. This is because our perception of loudness is relative, and in such a quiet environment that perception is changed. So while setting the volume, make sure that you check to see that its not too loud by removing one earbud after setting the desired volume level.

OP
arcticflare

arcticflare

Journeyman
How much did the EX35LP earphones cost?? I'm also planning to buy these for my iPod... Do quote the price!!

Rs.1195.

P.S: to get the thumping bass those buds have to be penetrated deep inside. Anything less will reduce the bass effect in the presence of external noise..

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Rs.1195.

P.S: to get the thumping bass those buds have to be penetrated deep inside. Anything less will reduce the bass effect in the presence of external noise..

Yep I agree wid you... I own Apple's In-Ear headphones... Can u believe I purchased them for 2500/- in the yr 2006!!!! I really regret it now :rolleyes:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^same here. I bought Apple in-ear headphones 2yrs ago and they never stayed fit in my earl. Then I came to know that they never fit in anyone's ear. Had to give them to my friend and I bought EP-630. When EP-630 died after few months, bought MDR-EX32LP. Am pretty happy with the sony set. My next purchase will be another sony or a sennheiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom