ARDUINO Compatible STARTER KIT for just $12 - For Anyone to learn Electronics!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you ever wanted an Arduino kit to kickstart those electronics projects, then this is a GOLDEN chance!

Arduino is a microcontroller board that can used for making computers that can sense and control more of the physical world than your desktop computer.

The hardware consists of a simple open source hardware board designed around an 8-bit Atmel AVR microcontroller, or a 32-bit Atmel ARM. The software consists of a standard programming language compiler and a boot loader that executes on the microcontroller. Which means, you can use it to work on amazing electronics projects.

And you can get a cheaper version of the same from this indiegogo campaign for mere $12, from this Indiegogo campaign! :D

The Arduino compatible board:
*borderlesselectronics.org/igg/board_570pix.jpg

The original Arduino:
*borderlesselectronics.org/igg/leonardo.jpg

IndieGogo campaign: $9 ARDUINO Compatible STARTER KIT - Anyone can learn Electronics | Indiegogo

The contents of the kit that will be included with each board:

6 x LEDs (2 x red 2 x yellow 2 x green)

6 x resistors for the LEDs

1 x photoresistor and pairing resistor

1 x buzzer

1 x set of jumper wire (10pcs)

1 x mini solderless breadboard

*borderlesselectronics.org/igg/kit.jpg

If you want to help me (please), you can buy from my referral link: $9 ARDUINO Compatible STARTER KIT - Anyone can learn Electronics | Indiegogo

This is cool! Just around Rs 700!!

For reference:
Arduino Website: *www.arduino.cc/
Arduino Wiki: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arduino

quagmire

Allllright !
Complete VFM for 9$, especially for beginners.

I have a hunch this will be fabricated in China. For the prices he's quoted (even for a 1000 pieces) it looks unlikely for manufacture in US.

For people familiar with AVR it will be much cheaper if they fabricate their own board. A serial programmer is required though.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Your hunch is absolutely right.
He's fabricating it in China, and in fact to cut middle men costs will be shipped directly from the factory in China to consumers.
Pretty neat.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I wanted to have one..!! But I don't know anything about Electronics :(

Neither do I. But I think I can start to learn. Since Arduino programming is simply C, I think I can get my hands dirty trying to code some useful things on it! :)

d3p

PowerHouse
Did someone actually ordered this ?

Also is it safe & trusted to use the CC for ordering ??

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Did someone actually ordered this ?

Also is it safe & trusted to use the CC for ordering ??

I will order it. The product won't be available after the campaign I heard. It's for non profit, and by a teacher after all.

And of course, ordering with CC on Indiegogo is safe. Indiegogo is a renowed crowd funding website, which launched even before Kickstarter. If you don't know how crowd funding works, I suggest you read something about it on wiki's.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
Neither do I. But I think I can start to learn. Since Arduino programming is simply C, I think I can get my hands dirty trying to code some useful things on it! :)

i think we should know something about uC before even starting to look at these....

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
Is this at a super beginner level? I've wanted to get into electronics & robotics, aiming for intermediate level.
Bah whatever, I've placed an order. Rs. 750. Curse you, flailing Rupee!

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Damn.. rupee falling more and more. Reached 61.105 now. I should have ordered it yesterday only! :p

d3p

PowerHouse
Holy Sh!t..My Name is listed under the funders list, didn't notice it.

*i.imgur.com/r0NnpRn.png

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

I know C..!! But nothing about electronics..!! Though I'll try but I don't have any idea what can be build using that :p

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Holy Sh!t..My Name is listed under the funders list, didn't notice it.

*i.imgur.com/r0NnpRn.png

Lol..
If you notice, they have names of *all* the funders. You can choose to hide your name, or your amount. That's why a lot of them are anonymous. :p

arka

Broken In
thinking of ordering this.. will they ship it in India especially in west Bengal ? will idbi debit card work ?

Top Bottom