Arcade Vs Realism/Simulation, which one do you prefer more?

ajaymailed

In the zone
I dun want to start a fanboy war but there is no straight way for telling this,
There is Call of Duty, CounterStrike, Quake , Unreal Tournament etc that concentrate on fast paced gameplay, increasing difficulty, one on one multiplayer gaming, not too much focus to show realistic things.

and then there is Battlefield 3 and many other strategy, simulation games that heavily concentrate on realism, be it characters, environment, graphics engine, weapons, historical battles, strategy, tactics etc

I prefer the latter, sometimes i just roam around idle in games instead of going forward, to just get a feel of environment, appreciate the details and minor aspects. There are games, where i learnt many things about history, Age of Empires, Total War Series, I really appreciate rome total war for its characters, soldiers, weapons, tactics, battle formation, actual historical battles recreated with a perfect eagle eye view of the scene

which one do you guyz prefer? and what is that inspiration which really drives you to play games?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
BF3 is NOT a simulator.. True simulators are America's Army and ArmA..
I prefer Arcade more than Simulators.. :D

Simulators can be boring as crap.. You might like playing it for the first 1-2 hours but the gameplay is so damn repititive..

I remember my bro bought some helicopter simulator once, there were hundreds of buttons that needed to be remembered, like rotor blades, rear brakes, forward pitch..
That game had more buttons that needed to be configured in the controls than there were on my keyboard (the mappable ones)..

5fusion

Journeyman
Strictly Realism/Simulation in case of games on "motorsports/racing" but otherwise i like rollercoaster,GTA, etc are fun to play. especially cinematic gameplay like MW3,Mass effect with some nice storyline behind.

blurr

Broken In
I love and respect the fun in arcady racers and the complexity in simulators, both of them are very different from each other and choosing one over the other is rather difficult. I love arcady racers a lot but when I played simulators like Gran Turismo my perspective of racing games changed dramatically. But one has to admit that arcady racers are more accessible and generally a lot more fun.

gameranand

Living to Play
Stratefy, FPS, RPG, racing games, sports games(yeah, the list is long :) )

Read the thread title carefully. Its not about what genres you like but which type of games in those genre you like. For example Gran Turismo, F1 2012, NFS Series, Burnout Series all comes under a single category as games but you see that in that category you have GT and F1 in simulators and NFS and Burnout under Arcade games. You didn't interpreted the question correctly. :)

Sarang\m/

Journeyman
Read the thread title carefully. Its not about what genres you like but which type of games in those genre you like. For example Gran Turismo, F1 2012, NFS Series, Burnout Series all comes under a single category as games but you see that in that category you have GT and F1 in simulators and NFS and Burnout under Arcade games. You didn't interpreted the question correctly. :)
Sorry .
Strategy(Both Turn based and RTSe) , arcade games in racing, otherwise I am not stuck with genres, I play whatever I like though they are more of sports and arcade games rather than simulation.:)

offtopic: Is it only me or other smilies are not working now

Top Bottom