Apple to copy Windows DRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
1. It's a patent. Apple patents five million ideas every twenty-five seconds. Only two of them see the light of day. Who's to say that this will actually come true?

2. Mac OS X for non-Apple hardware is not happening. At least not till the day Steve Jobs resigns as CEO of the company. So throw those hopes in a wastebasket somewhere.

3. I'm pretty sure that even if they are thinking of implementing some sort of anti-piracy mechanism, it will only be to prevent illegal installation of the operating system on PCs.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
3. I'm pretty sure that even if they are thinking of implementing some sort of anti-piracy mechanism, it will only be to prevent illegal installation of the operating system on PCs.

Apple already has TPM for this which has been broken by Hackers

abhilashkm

Right off the assembly line
well..when did DRM become a MS technology? and well..apple had always protected its s/w b4..so, y not into da media.. and MS way of DRM is quite diff.. the way they try to introduce da new format for documents..i mean supoprting da ODF..they want to make a new s/w for dat and sell da new s/w..is dat good, huh? well..for apple..they r gonna release 2 versions of songs in iTunes..one wi DRM n da other wi/out..fair enough??

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ not anymore. Now there's only one version of each song. Even if it doesn't have DRM, it costs the same $1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom