Apple Reports Fourth Quarter Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay. Lets see. Still a 1 hour test aint sufficient to check the whole OS is WHAT I believe.
I pretty much lived in the Apple store before I got my first iBook. They are extremely patient people.

What I do not like is the Shape/size of the product. I prefer a normal cabby shape OR atleast a Slim-tower shape. A tiffin-box wont look good in my room coupled with my non-apple monitor.
What the… why… what? Serious? Steve Jobs would crumble to the ground if he heard that.

In any case, the Mac Mini was always meant for PC users who want to test the waters. Who don't want to buy new monitors, keyboard, etc. Once you are comfortable with the OS, get a better mac (like our friend Preshit did). So how is Apple to blame in this? And lest you forget, there is a $999 MacBook which comes up to 55k or so. If you care about the aluminium enclosure, and the cool new features, then there's a premium attached to that.

I wonder what a $800 MacBook would look like or be like…

Why does every apple related thread turn into a debate?
Cause it's the only interesting thing to debate about. The rest is all… like… like boiled potatoes.

Last edited:

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
goobimama said:
What the… why… what? Serious? Steve Jobs would crumble to the ground if he heard that.

In any case, the Mac Mini was always meant for PC users who want to test the waters. Who don't want to buy new monitors, keyboard, etc. Once you are comfortable with the OS, get a better mac (like our friend Preshit did). So how is Apple to blame in this? And lest you forget, there is a $999 MacBook which comes up to 55k or so. If you care about the aluminium enclosure, and the cool new features, then there's a premium attached to that.

I seriously considered the Mini to test the waters as you put it. And yeah, it would be damn intresting for my noob friends to wonder what it actually is. :D But yeah, for me its just okay; not the best Apple could do.

goobimama said:
Pretty much like the 999$ mac. Without an Optical drive, with wireless N and a smaller screen, 1024x600. And of course Mac OSX. :)

Mini ? Its configuration is as bad as some of these assembled PCs I see in the market that n00bs buy - Intel 945GC motherboard, Core2Duo E4600 and 1GB RAM with 80GB HDD.

THAT I consider horrible. Atleast apple could have released a slim tower with 160GB HDD, 2GB RAM and G31 chipset. I am sure it would actually cost LESS than the macmini to build. And it would seem cheaper than normal PCs, if apple ships it with iLife and OSX.

IronManForever

MetalheadGautham said:
THAT I consider horrible. Atleast apple could have released a slim tower with 160GB HDD, 2GB RAM and G31 chipset. I am sure it would actually cost LESS than the macmini to build. And it would seem cheaper than normal PCs, if apple ships it with iLife and OSX.
Yeah, thats pretty much what I'd want, a slim tower; but if wishes were Apple.. :neutral: I have nothing against the configuration, why should I? Mac Mini is definitely NOT for gaming or workstation scenario.

Though, the configuration you mentioned would not cost more than the MacMini looking at the current Hardware prices.. But what I think apple fears is; it might overshadow Apple iMac line-up. And as far as I know; many would-be buyers iMac would be tempted to buy the MacSlim for using it with their own choice of monitors..

Last edited:
Yeah, thats pretty much what I'd want, a slim tower; but if wishes were Apple.. :neutral: I have nothing against the configuration, why should I? Mac Mini is definitely for gaming or workstation scenario.

Though, the configuration you mentioned would not cost more than the MacMini looking at the current Hardware prices.. But what I think apple fears is; it might overshadow Apple iMac line-up. And as far as I know; many would-be buyers iMac would be tempted to buy the MacSlim for using it with their own choice of monitors..
Not exactly. The iMac has some laptop parts, right ? But a cheap slim tower would purely be a desktop. And it would be devoid of a dedicated graphics solution.

IronManForever

^^ Why? You think iMacs are used by people who want to run Crysis or top the 3dMark Vantage records? :lol: Do you think people would care whether there iMac runs on laptop or dektp parts? That too Apple users? :lol:

MANY users who want to have a Mac OSX running desktop will turn to that Kinda MacSlim rather than an iMac. The MacSLim should be able to appeal those users who want to enter the mac scenario but are put off my the Mac Mini (like me). And as far as I believe there are a considerable amount of people feeling that way. :neutral:

ADDED: My previous post has been edited for the following error... The word in RED was missed out.
I have nothing against the configuration, why should I? Mac Mini is definitely NOT for gaming or workstation scenario.

Last edited:
^^ Why? You think iMacs are used by people who want to run Crysis or top the 3dMark Vantage records? :lol: Do you think people would care whether there iMac runs on laptop or dektp parts? That too Apple users? :lol:

MANY users who want to have a Mac OSX running desktop will turn to that Kinda MacSlim rather than an iMac. The MacSLim should be able to appeal those users who want to enter the mac scenario but are put off my the Mac Mini (like me). And as far as I believe there are a considerable amount of people feeling that way. :neutral:

ADDED: My previous post has been edited for the following error... The word in RED was missed out.
Well... what if iMac was offered with Intel Nehalem and HD4870 graphics, while MacSlim was left with Athlon X2 4850e CPU and 780G chipset/graphics ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom