Apple Previews Mac OS X Snow Leopard to Developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I care a lot about my money, and I own a Macintosh. I'd say a lot of my friends here - some of whom will become heads of states, leading researches and professors, CEOs, CFOs etc. - also do care a lot about their money.

So, please stop the stereotyping. It will help you a lot. :)
I am talking from the Indian context where macs are quite expensive;)

I know its different in Europe.

Maybe I forgot to mention other points, like its for those who need to use a PC without learning what an OS is, or without bothering with the system and just get to use software, but still... what I mean is that this type of people are usually ones ready to spend money.

Stereotyping is done mostly by our friend Aryayush here about non mac users :p

[sarcasm]
since Mac Pro comes with a DERISORY 4096 GB OF DISC SPACE, I doubt it would make any sense to mention it instead.;)
[/sarcasm]
[sarcasm]
I am a well informed buyer. I feel that its much better to buy a mac pro for 200 grands instead of building a system thats as powerful but spending only 80k. Because nobody can build systems better than Apple.;)
[/sarcasm]

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Maybe I forgot to mention other points, like its for those who need to use a PC without learning what an OS is, or without bothering with the system and just get to use software, but still... what I mean is that this type of people are usually ones ready to spend money.

I'm going to disagree with this. I'm pretty sure theres more to the story than that or there wouldn't be hackintoshes all over the place. Not to mention that although I only know a few (5-6 max) Mac users all of them seem to be much proficient at using computers. But then again theres the style "bling" I guess.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I am talking from the Indian context where macs are quite expensive;)

I know its different in Europe.

The basic Macbook is cheaper in India than it is in the UK. Also, from next time I would appreciate if you do not leave things to imagination and state them clearly. Not everyone is smart enough to comprehend what you say.

Do you have any facts or figures that prove your points?

Stereotyping is done mostly by our friend Aryayush here about non mac users :p

I'd suggest not taking names, but then I can only suggest.

The basic Macbook is cheaper in India than it is in the UK. Also, from next time I would appreciate if you do not leave things to imagination and state them clearly. Not everyone is smart enough to comprehend what you say.
Yes basic macbook is cheaper in India.
But other notebooks, with much better configurations, like Dell XPS also come at same cost.
Thats why I said macbook is expensive.
relatively speaking.

I'm going to disagree with this. I'm pretty sure theres more to the story than that or there wouldn't be hackintoshes all over the place. Not to mention that although I only know a few (5-6 max) Mac users all of them seem to be much proficient at using computers. But then again theres the style "bling" I guess.
Hackintosh... its all about the OS. not the laptop.
the problem with macs is that these two get mixed up in conversations.
the OS and the PC.

Besides, hackintoshes are mainly products of intense curiosity coupled with unwillingness to spend money.;)

As for Mac users being so much proficient at using computers, I suggest you try an experimnent. Give a guy a Sidux loaded laptop. Give another guy a Windows Vista laptop. Give the last guy a Mac loaded laptop. Ensure that all these guys are ignorant about computer usage before. See their status in 1 week. The mac guy would have been most comfortable. Thats how a mac is designed. Its meant to be used by almost about anybody.

Mac is all about user interface, good bundled software and flashy comfortable hardware.:|

Last edited:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Thats how a mac is designed. Its meant to be used by almost about anybody.

Mac is all about user interface, good bundled software and flashy comfortable hardware.:|

That's what the casual computer users want, don't they? I mean a history or a classics student won't have the same use for the computer as, say, an engineering student. Even people in the financial industry (except the quants, who're again Ph.Ds and engineers) mostly use Excel, Word and Powerpoint.

For me, both Mac OS X and the various linux distributions have their own charm. For example, I find the Xfce desktop environment very addictive.

That's what the casual computer users want, don't they? I mean a history or a classics student won't have the same use for the computer as, say, an engineering student. Even people in the financial industry (except the quants, who're again Ph.Ds and engineers) mostly use Excel, Word and Powerpoint.

For me, both Mac OS X and the various linux distributions have their own charm. For example, I find the Xfce desktop environment very addictive.
thats it. thanks to you, milind, filled-void and amitava, I am starting this thread:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91428
answer me or else face the wrath of a sleep deprived guy who can't sleep due to trying to find the logic over most of your statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom