Apple ipod stolen , what else can i do apart from reporting to police ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i had apple ipod touch 32 GB and was stolen yesterday from CineMax Eternity mall in the evening .

i am really sad , now i had reported the issue to local police thana , i have serial no . is there anything else that i can do to get it back?

cyborg47

Technomancer
Actually if police wants they can get ur phone back as u know every mobile has its own unique imei no(International Mobile Equipment Identity). If some person uses your mobile with other SIM they can track that number and can identify that person and get ur mobile back. But i think u need to register ur complaint with the service providers with ur unique IMEI number of the mobile.

errrr...do ipods have IMEI number???

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Actually if police wants they can get ur phone back as u know every mobile has its own unique imei no(International Mobile Equipment Identity). If some person uses your mobile with other SIM they can track that number and can identify that person and get ur mobile back. But i think u need to register ur complaint with the service providers with ur unique IMEI number of the mobile.

iPod is stolen, not iPhone! :p

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
isnt there way like in mobileme in iPhones , or blocking s/n . even blocking warrenty will help , damn i am not going to any show at cinemax from now on

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@max_demon, there are some ipod touch tracking softwares but problem is that they need to be installed on the device, without which I don't think you can track it.

But if it connects to any wireless network using it's inbuilt wi-fi, you will be able to track using macid

paroh

Padawan
In hurry i posted wrong sorry for that i deleted that wrong post for more information i want to know that can ipod can be connected to internet to download music??

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
sorry to hear max...

personally i have a experience of loosing my 80gb 5th generation IPOD 3years ago

police people can do nothing in this issue.

just PRAY to your favorite god...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Do not pray to god asking for help to retrieve lost ipod. ask Him to shower you enough money to buy new ipod.

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
Increase your vocabulary of swear words by cursing the $%^$ thief.

This or this or finally Gadgetrakmay help for your new ipod touch

OP
max_demon

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
also i am worried about my email accounts and my personal pictures . i am really worried about that , i have already changed pass but the saved emails are enuf for the thief to blackmail me

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
not asking to know your secrets. Black mailing with your E-mails...!?!? What will be things in E-mails to black mail?

I'm sure that the person who found that ipod won't be a savvy enough.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
If you really have confidential info on a mobile, why didn't you use encryption on it or atleast a tracking software? It definitely is your fault.

@vamsi, that again depends on who finds the ipod. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom