Apple accuses Polish online food store A.pl for trademark infringement

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Apple accuses Polish online food store A.pl for trademark infringement, takes the matter to court

As if the Samsung case wasn't ridiculous enough, here's another cherry on top.. err.. or should I say, Apple on top! :|

Apple has decided to sue Polish online supermarket A.pl over trademark issues. According to Polish website Telepolis, Apple has issued a request for the cancellation of the online food store’s trademark rights from Poland’s Patent Office.

*st.gsmarena.com/pics/12/09/apple-vs-apl/gsmarena_001.jpg

The reason for Apple’s discontent is that A.pl’s brand and its sister company’s name logo (fresh24.pl) create a likelihood of confusion and may use Apple’s fame to its advantage. Naturally, A.pl is standing to defend its trademark and according to the report, the legal battle may take as long as two or three years.

We’ll continue to follow the case, but, as Thenextweb points out, its certain that whoever wins the case, there will be appeals from both sides to the Regional Administrative Court in Warsaw.

Do you think Apple is right to sue A.pl for owning a company with an apple logo?

Seriously Apple.. My dislike is turning into hatred now! :S

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Before any opinions I would like to state my views to Apple Co.:
*fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/318367_279844922121584_842678273_n.jpg

Ironman

In the zone
Apple ka koi kaam Dhang Nehi Hai ! kya ........................... I pad Iphone chorke this company did this , that company did that

Apple (Fruit ) is the property of Apple (Company) ....... no body has the right to eat or do any thing with it

................... ERR I am Eating a Apple right now after my Dinner , Should i be Sued Too by them ??

bubusam13

Human
I wanna kick their *&&%. Sorry guys, but we much sue them for using our food Apple as their trademark. Hopeless company

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
It is the best way to make money, infact its a good reason why you see firms like microsoft and intel and amd get big in the first place. These were the guys who designed the basics of the systems and then patented them, when others wanted to make an entry they thought it would be easier to just obtain a licence from them and start selling their own systems, but as more and more players started entering the business the trend has gone down.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
So they have reached the food store. The fruit is not far away I guess. ;)

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So they have reached the food store. The fruit is not far away I guess. ;)

Seriously!
I wonder if they have already applied for the definition of the term "Apple" in dictionary to change from,

ap·ple/ˈapəl/Noun:
  1. The round fruit of a tree of the rose family, which typically has thin red or green skin and crisp flesh.
  2. An unrelated fruit that resembles this in some way.

to

ap·ple/Apple Inc./Noun:
  1. The name of a company founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne to cook iProducts
  2. A company who can sue anyone who uses this term including Adam and Eve since they bit the very first apple

Top Bottom