Apple 16 GB iPod touch already tops Amazon’s Electronic Best-Sellers list

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Apple 16 GB iPod touch already tops Amazon’s Electronic Best-Sellers list
Friday, September 07, 2007 - 06:32 PM EDT

Amazon's number one Best-Selling Electronics product is currently Apple's new 16 GB iPod touch.

As usual, Apple dominates Amazon's Top 10 Best-Selling "MP3 Players" list, which looks like this currently:
1. Apple 16 GB iPod touch
2. Apple 2 GB iPod nano AAC/MP3 Player Silver (2nd Generation)
3. Apple 8 GB iPod touch
4. Apple 160 GB iPod classic (Black)
5. Apple 80 GB iPod classic (Black)
6. Apple 8 GB iPod nano with Video (Black)
7. Sandisk SDMX4-4096 Sansa e260 4 GB MP3 Player with SD Expansion Slot
8. Apple 1 GB iPod Shuffle AAC/MP3 Player Metal (2nd Generation)
9. Apple 4 GB iPod nano AAC/MP3 Player Silver (2nd Generation)
10. Apple 4 GB iPod nano with Video (Silver)

[Via MacDailyNews]

The damn thing hasn't even been released yet!

A (not so) great man once remarked (with the authority of a man declaring a war on the USA), "look beyond iPods now, there days are over". Thank you, Nostradamus! I'm jotting that down in my diary of The Worst Predictions Ever and will be sure to rub it in every time Apple reports a quarter more profitable than the previous one! Ha Ha! :lol:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i guess the same nostradamus ur reffering rightly predicted that the ipods will go fat and they did didnt they .... and he did so when the 5th sep event news was released and if i rmmber correctly some macboys said nothing more than blah blah

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
A (not so) great man once remarked (with the authority of a man declaring a war on the USA), "look beyond iPods now, there days are over".

I hope u remembar which product I said this line for. iPod touch or iPod Shuffle/Nano

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I quoted the exact line. You said, "looks beyonds ipods". After describing the "flaws" of each iPod, you said this at the end of the post as a sort of conclusion. LOL! :lol:
What happened? Feeling the heat already? The game's just begun, baby! iPods are (and Apple is) here to last.

iMav said:
i guess the same nostradamus ur reffering rightly predicted that the ipods will go fat and they did didnt they .... and he did so when the 5th sep event news was released and if i rmmber correctly some macboys said nothing more than blah blah
1. It did not go fat. It just became shorter, lighter and slightly wider.

2. It wasn't anyone's prediction. He saw it on a leaked photo on Engadget.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
1. It did not go fat. It just became shorter, lighter and slightly wider.
Thats why its being called "Fatty" :D

2. It wasn't anyone's prediction. He saw it on a leaked photo on Engadget.
Yup & I said it makes sense for Apple to go this way & they did go this way. That image was termed as fake

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Thats why its being called "Fatty" :D
Do you call a broad shouldered person fat or one with a potbelly?

gx_saurav said:
Yup & I said it makes sense for Apple to go this way & they did go this way. That image was termed as fake
Oh, believe me, there have been loads of times when you have given advise to Apple and they've gone exactly against it and have had amazing results. Second, unless you see the real deal, every photo and every piece of evidence remains a fake.

@aryayush.. 'Nostradamus' is just frustrated over zune's utterly bitter disappointing failure! :D And just like every other fanboy, his 'wrong' predictions and understanding about rivals is completely evident.. :D

Go, go Ipod! although I personally don't like the device :D

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
This was bound to happen... :) Although I must truly say that the only thing that bothered me about Touch was its 16 GB capacity and I was thinking that the only reason IF Touch's sales suffers will primarily be because of this..... Nevertheless... the pre-orders for Touch are soaring.... :)

iPod Touch is at the top of the "Best Selling Electronics Devices" list... gosh... this is really an acheivement for a product that isn't out yet.... :)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Help~Is~Here said:
Go, go Ipod! although I personally don't like the device :D

I got an iPod and i love it, though ,i wonder what makes a person encourage a product when one personally dislikes it as you said.
Talk about blind fanaticism.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
aryayush said:
Even now? With all the flicky, pinchy, touchy goodness? :D
But i like the old iPod Nano better(because i own one) .

The new "wider" design might make it quite unpocketable(as in hard to fit in ur pocket) whereas my Nano fits in almost any pocket.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I agree.

gx_saurav said:
I m not the one calling it fatty, engadget is
So, is this a habit? Do you just believe whatever is thrown at you by a random blogger on the Internet or do you sometimes actually use some common sense? One blogger on Engadget saw the leaked picture (which did not show the thinness of the device) and called it "fatty". One random blogger. And you guys latched on to the word with the enthusiasm of a fourteen year old and with so much assurance that one would think Apple themselves are calling it that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom