App / interface queries for using Digit forum

Sarath

iDota
I have been on a half decade hiatus from using this forum and need some suggestion / alternatives for some of the apps or usage habits which are outdated now. I'll go right into the doubts I have below:
I thank your help in advance

(all mentions of previous mean around 2010)

1. Mobile app for forum access
Previously used tapatalk (I hope the name's right) and want to know if it is still the best option

2. Mobile app to upload photos (that can be directly embedded)
Previously used Snapbucket. Took photos directly using the app and it saved them giving a link for every photo uploaded. That app is now dead.
Please note I'm aware of how to upload my photos to the forum, I'm just looking for an alternative to the app that made it a two step process : take picture > copy link

3. Thread title rules or preferences
Is there a post mentioning the preferred title format eg: [BUY] [SELL] [BUYING ADVICE] etc before the title starts

4. Rules to quote links or pictures
Are links to different websites allowed? Are there any limitations on uploading certain pictures

5. Unofficial censorship
Have there been any recent topics or posts or news items that I should avoid. Not the hard rules that the forum dictates but the ones that people don't like to experience again or been a reason for suspension or ban recently. Eg: Political discussions etc. From when I was last here, there was some thread, I think but not sure, about religion or international politics that got everyone who posted in a warning. Less serious were discussions on iOS vs Android etc which people were tired off and closed off.

Those are all the doubts I have for now. Any help is appreciated especially for query no. 2. I'll make another post below for easy quoting.

Thanks

OP
Sarath

Sarath

iDota

2. Mobile app to upload photos

5. Unofficial censorship

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Tapatalk had some issues in the past, but those are now resolved and it indeed is a great way to participate in forum discussions.

2. Mobile app to upload photos

You can use imgur to upload images and copy the direct link and paste inside posts. You don't need to use any BB code to embed images, just directly paste the image URL.
Although you can directly upload through Tapatalk and insert the image inline. It works fine.

Well, rules are simple. Title should be meaningful and summarize your thread properly. It shouldn't be clickbait.
Prefixes such as [BUY] [SELL] [BUYING ADVICE] are applicable in respective sections of the forum, like Bazaar.

Links to websites are allowed. Of course spam or referral links are not. And for new members links they are posted is monitored.
Generally NSFW images are not allowed. However if the image is NSFW and required to be posted (relevant to the thread), you can do so in spoiler tag and clearly describing what the image is about.
However a mod may use its discretion to take necessary action if the image is deemed too NSFW or totally not appropriate for the thread's context.

5. Unofficial censorship

Political topics are usually discouraged. Being a technology forum, many are outright not required to be discussed in the forum.
But there has been a few threads in the "fight zone" where a civilized discussion maybe be done for controversial topics.
Eg: *** Science Or God? ***
Vegetarian vs Non- Vegetarian

Lastly, you might want to read the official forum rules here:
FORUM RULES - Updated November 7, 2019

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Wow, im a little busy at the moment, can only reply after 25th, but welcome back! Nice to see a familiar name after so long.

Top Bottom