APC UPS questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Hi all,

I have some questions relating to two APC UPSs.

1. APC BACKUP-UPS HS 500VA 230V (Part No: BH500INET)
*www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BH500INET

* Has anyone used this UPS for his/her networking equipment? If yes, feedback please.
* How much does this model cost?

2. APC Backup-UPS ES-500 (Part number: BE500-IN)

*www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE500-IN

* Feedback on this UPS. I have heard from a lot of people that this model is not as good as the earlier models.

Thanks in advance.

DH

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
Doc Holliday said:
2. APC Backup-UPS ES-500 (Part number: BE500-IN)

*www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BE500-IN

* Feedback on this UPS. I have heard from a lot of people that this model is not as good as the earlier models.

Hi there.. I don't know what earlier model you are talking about. but i found this UPS to be a nice buy.. standby 9 mins with 17' monitor..excellent warranty facilities(I have availed them).. cost 2700/- ...

Hitesh Gupta

OP
D

Doc Holliday

Broken In
Hi Hitesh,

Thanks. The "earlier" model was the one that the APC Backup-UPS ES replaced. Unfortunately, I do not remember the model number.

In fact there was another APC 500 VA model even before that :wink: , but that got withdrawn from the market because the input range it used to work in was very limited. That first model had some switches at the back to adjust the range (3 ranges I think).

BTW, you mentioned that you have availed the warranty. What went wrong with it and how long after you bought it?

DH

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
HI..

No there seems to be no problem regarding incoming voltage as it seems quite adaptable..

Doc Holliday said:
BTW, you mentioned that you have availed the warranty. What went wrong with it and how long after you bought it?
In my case, 1st the battery went down after 15 months ...which was promptly replaced..

A week later, my room-mate accidently touched the power-adapter of speakers which was on direct port and there was some internal sparking and the MOSFET was blown off... again the card was immediately replaced..no questions asked...

Bye

Hitesh Gupta

vijaythefool

In the zone
i got some problem with my apc too . before i could resume even games but now its shuts off all of a sudden after a notification

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
vijaythefool said:
i got some problem with my apc too . before i could resume even games but now its shuts off all of a sudden after a notification

probably the battery is gome..you should call their customer care
1600-444-877(UPS)
1600-444-282(APC)
Numbers are toll free..

Hitesh Gupta

vijaythefool

In the zone
hitesh_hg said:
vijaythefool said:

probably the battery is gome..you should call their customer care
1600-444-877(UPS)
1600-444-282(APC)
Numbers are toll free..

Hitesh Gupta

But this happens after 5 to 6 minutes later. if the batteries were week it would have turned of immeaditely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom