AOC I2367fh or Dell S2440L Monitor?

Richie Rich

Broken In
I am buying a full HD LED 23-24" screen sized monitor under 14,000. So I am confused between these two, help me out please.

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
What is not cool about AOC I2367fh?

My basic needs are: to watch TV (via HD DTH) as both these monitors have HDMI and audio jack, HD movies through PC and part time photoshop.

URPradhan

Journeyman
AOC has newer model than i2367fh as i2369vm. AOC i2369vm is a superb monitor and way better than Dell. Note that both Dell and AOC use the same LG panels. AOC i2369vm uses the latest IPS technology AH-IPS. AOC i2369vm is a matte finish monitor, so you have to have a mirror at your home as it does not reflect. But if you have Dell glossy monitors you need not have to buy a mirror :D

After couple of weeks of research I bought AOC i2369vm for Rs 12,500/- and AOC gave me all cables for the signal input, ie, VGA, HDMI, Display Port and MHL cables. But even if Dell monitors have HDMI port Dell does not give a HDMI cable to their customers.

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
@URPradhan Does I2367fh has audio port so that I can connect to speakers and use it as TV via HD DTH?

There is no proper review and online purchase availability of this newer model.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
That AOC will blow the Dell out of the serene blue waters.......from Color Gamut to Contrast Ratios to Deep Blacks or simply Chroma [C]/ Luminance [Y] / Luma [Y']... +1 for the AOC.

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
but S2440L has 5000:1 static contrast whereas AOC i2367fh has normal 1000:1

There is no proper review on the internet. How can you say?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you go just by Contrats Ratios then the AOC has 50,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio:lol:

*www.aocmonitorap.com/root/anz/product_display.php?id=368

*www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416308,00.asp

URPradhan

Journeyman
@URPradhan Does I2367fh has audio port so that I can connect to speakers and use it as TV via HD DTH?

There is no proper review and online purchase availability of this newer model.

Bro I have purchased the newer i2369vm model and it has audio port and earphone port. It has each and every port and the big thing is that AOC has given each every cable even an audio cable.

BTW, if you want to watch TV via HDMI then why you need an audio cable, HDMI signal carries both audio and video.

And about contrast ratio, frankly its a manipulated number given by each manufacturer as their marketing gimmick. And your information regarding AOC CR is absolutely wrong.

AOC i2369vm has in-built speakers which is good but for real theater experience you have to connect to your home audio system. My creative 2.1 speakers enough for me to give me absolute satisfaction. Now my kid is watching 3D movies with KMPLayer and the 3D experience is also good because of the bigger screen :)

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
If you go just by Contrats Ratios then the AOC has 50,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio:lol:

*www.aocmonitorap.com/root/anz/product_display.php?id=368

*www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2416308,00.asp

static contrast is the real contrast and we are talking about newer model AOC i2369VM now as URPradhan said it is newer and successor of i2367FH.

BTW, if you want to watch TV via HDMI then why you need an audio cable, HDMI signal carries both audio and video.

I need audio cable jack to connect my HD DTH through connect it through my 2.1 speakers.
Also give me link to buy AOC i2369vm. I can't find anywhere.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
static contrast is the real contrast and we are talking about newer model AOC i2369VM now as URPradhan said it is newer and successor of i2367FH.

Just stay away from the contrast thing,its very debatable. More so if we factor in the different types of LCD panels. Its akin to pmpo in audio more so if we factor in the different types of amplification. Static Dynamic all crap. You will never near those levels in normal viewing materials. I have not seen the VM. FH was mind blowing in all aspects so VM being newer lets hoe it will be even better.

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
What about the after sales of AOC? Dell is more reputable brand and offering onsite warranty with their monitors. Please help me to find out AOC i2369VM online, I can't find anywhere.

I am shocked after watching this video.
[youtube]HIbIIGxwXh4[/youtube]

URPradhan

Journeyman
What about the after sales of AOC? Dell is more reputable brand and offering onsite warranty with their monitors. Please help me to find out AOC i2369VM online, I can't find anywhere.

As its a newer model, you will not find it online and the below method worked for me.
1. First ask the authorized dealers in your city if they have Where to Buy
2. If they do not have the stock, ask the dealers for your city AOC distributor number
3. Ask the distributor about the availability and where to buy and at what price

In Hyderabad, none of the authorized dealers have the monitor and then I got the distributor number and was in touch with him and finally bought the FIRST piece from the city lot :)

I am shocked after watching this video.

Yes, please watch that video carefully and understand what the reviewer is complaining about. Throughout the video he is focusing ONLY on one thing 'the thin bezel' which is different that the marketing image of the monitor and the real monitor.

Bro if your priority is the monitor bezel and not the image quality then do not buy this monitor. But if you do not care about the bezel and will not have a 3 monitor setup then definitely its a MUST buy.

AFAIK, the difference between i2367fh and i2369vm is the input ports and the vesa mounting (in 69vm model), else they use the same LG panel and also some software tweek in the newer 69vm model.

Last edited:
OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
Yes, please watch that video carefully and understand what the reviewer is complaining about. Throughout the video he is focusing ONLY on one thing 'the thin bezel' which is different that the marketing image of the monitor and the real monitor.

Bro if your priority is the monitor bezel and not the image quality then do not buy this monitor. But if you do not care about the bezel and will not have a 3 monitor setup then definitely its a MUST buy.

I need to use single monitor so no bezel thickness problem. Although I was thinking it has almost no bezel like in their ad.
BenQ has also launched a new monitor EW2440L. How is that?

Top Bottom