AOC I2367fh or Dell S2440L Monitor?

cuttack

Right off the assembly line
I own a dell s2440l it is basically an outstanding monitor currently available in 24 inch category. Although it is not a IPS rather a VA panel still it has some amazing black levels which IPS panels can dream of,watching a movie with darker scene is a joy.But on the downside the monitor is quite reflective ie act as a mirror but i love that :mrgreen: you will need to adjust the placement of the monitor so that it is away from light source.
About AOC i have no idea but you should compare the two monitors before saying a yes.

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
Sorry, I have stopped my research as I found my monitor. But make sure you buy a AH-IPS panel with the input ports you want.

Thanks for your suggestions sir. I will take a look on AOC i2369VM as you recommended. :)

@The Incinerator I found full reviews of i2369VM and Dell S2440L.

I can't understand difference between these AOC monitors? According to AOC India the newer i2369VM has 20 million:1 contrast whereas older i2367FH has 50 million:1.

This means older one would be better model and this newer model get downgraded in terms of panel quality.

URPradhan

Journeyman
I can't understand difference between these AOC monitors? According to AOC India the newer i2369VM has 20 million:1 contrast whereas older i2367FH has 50 million:1.

That's why we said, forget about those contrast ratio numbers friend. Do you think a company will reduce the CR in newer models ??

# i2367fh does not have DP input, i2369vm has
# i2367fh does not support vesa mounting, i2369vm supports
# i2367fh has brushed silver finish at bottom and i2369vm has black finish
# i2369vm has some software improvements

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
Therefore according to you practically i2369VM is superior and upgraded model of i2367FH. I asked my local sales manager and he said this i2369VM is available there.

URPradhan

Journeyman
Therefore according to you practically i2369VM is superior and upgraded model of i2367FH. I asked my local sales manager and he said this i2369VM is available there.

Yes, hence I bought AOC i2369vm finally for Rs 12,500/-. What price your city sales manager is quoting?

If you want a good buy check online for their sales report or ask the local store guy which one goes out easily the more the sale the more is it worth buying.
AOC if has good reput go for it the Device show fault only after a year generally

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The AOC is much better and beats it in almost all things. Image Quality to Design to everything. The Dell just betters it on the Blacks ever so slightly. Thast it.

The differences are generic akin to VA Vs IpS

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
The AOC is much better and beats it in almost all things. Image Quality to Design to everything. The Dell just betters it on the Blacks ever so slightly. Thast it.

The differences are generic akin to VA Vs IpS

What about brand reliability of AOC? Most of the people recommending me dell because of brand image and onsite warranty support. Sell figures of i2369VM/i2367FH is much much less than others. Don't know why?

Last edited:

URPradhan

Journeyman
What about brand reliability of AOC? Most of the people recommending me dell because of brand image and onsite warranty support. Sell figures of i2369VM/i2367FH is much much less than others. Don't know why?
Bro you came here to ask for suggestions/inputs and we tried our best to share whatever we know. And now its up to you to choose as per your personal taste - period.

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
Bro you came here to ask for suggestions/inputs and we tried our best to share whatever we know. And now its up to you to choose as per your personal taste - period.

I know man. Thanks a lot for your help. I was just taking incinerator's suggestion. :razz:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

AOC is after sales is admittedly not as robust as Dell but it not bad either. Secondly dont run after brands when its Audio and Display. Dell is just a GLORIFIED ASSEMBLER, they dont make anything,they are just assemblers and marketing Company. People in the know scoff at DELL, DELL is an American WIPRO or HCL.If you want brand image get NEC/Ostendo as a display not DELL :)

URPradhan

Journeyman
AOC is after sales is admittedly not as robust as Dell but it not bad either. Secondly dont run after brands when its Audio and Display. Dell is just a GLORIFIED ASSEMBLER, they dont make anything,they are just assemblers and marketing Company. People in the know scoff at DELL, DELL is an American WIPRO or HCL.If you want brand image get NEC/Ostendo as a display not DELL :)

Well said, Dell is indeed an assembler noting more than that. The panel Dell/AOC use is made by LG.

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In

I know S2440L has not dell display panel but after sales and brand image is also a things to concern about.
According to you this i2369VM AH-IPS panel that is made by LG-display is of the best for video quality. How is this if we compare with other IPS monitors like ViewSonic VX2370Smh, HP Pavilion 23xi and Dell S2340L under Rupees 14,000.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I havnt seen the HP. I would say since you are interested star reading the basics of LCD. Just brand name dosnt defy good or bad picture quality. It the synchronization of the panel with the processing engine. Type IpS Vs VA and you will know. I could have exlained the basics but read and come back. It will be easier for me.

OP
Richie Rich

Richie Rich

Broken In
I think this i269VM is over matte panel which is not good for watching TV and movies.Topic: New monitor all rounders (22-24") - PC Monitors

Quoted:
Hi,

I’ve my new i2369vm but I’m not very happy with it. First of all, the panel film is not as discreet as as I thought ! It’s even marked on a sticker “Warning Do not rip off panel film” because at first glance you can think that it’s a protection for transport as you can see the film edges with a screen without frame !

And I have a problem with it. If I turn off the screen, it is not able to find the hdmi signal when I turn it on ! Worse, I have the problem when the pc resumes from sleep!

Due to this problem, I’m not sure to keep it ! Maybe it will go back to shop ! and in this case I’ll get a Dell monitor, maybe glossy as I don’t really like the effect of the film (It’s as “mat” than with my old ips Hazro HZ26wi, that has an A-TW filter).

Top Bottom