Anyone with 880gm-usb3 using 1600 mhz DDR3

mkhackers

Right off the assembly line
hey guys i have corsair vengeance memory 8gb but is working in 1333mhz .my ques is how to change the ram speed to 1600 mhz and also pls specify timings?

i also feel that my computer is little slow in start up and in operation is quite slow .Programs are also slower .I also got BSOD first time .Pls help me out ?
:sad:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
phenom II IMC(integrated memory controller)supports upto 1333 ram so your mobo is downclocking the ram.if you want to run your 1600 ram at usual speed you have to tweak memory divider/ram voltage/cpu voltage settings & i doubt you would see any performance gain.many people run 1600 ram at 1333 & have no problems.your problems are not related to ram clocks but something else.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
go to my computer--properties(right click).click"performance information & tools"option on left.then click advanced tools & select view performance details in event log.

*img26.imageshack.us/img26/553/windows7booteventlog.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

you can see just above this entry which programs/services are taking how much time to start.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you want to run the memory at 1600 MHz speed then you need to update a field called CPU: DRAM Ratio to 1:4. It is basically considered as memory multiplier and setting it to 4 means the speed of DDR3 ram is 4X 200 MHz (Base clock speed) = 800 MHz DDR (double Data Rate) or 1600 MHz speed.

Enter the BIOS of your motherboard and go to the advanced setting page where you can fidn the Overclocking and Tweaking settings. Change the CPU: DRAM Ratio to Manual from AUTO and then select 1:4 as the ratio. Save it and restart and you are done.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ mkhackers - as you you have faced BSOD and the pc is 'slow' - test the mem modules with memtest and check the HDD for bad sectors - use HDD diagnostic tols from the manufacturers website. Also make sure that the sata data cable is properlt connected with mobo and HDD.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
yes do those diagnostic tests as suggested by topy.btw i am using vengeance @1600MHz in my 880g mobo with phenom II 955.please mention your mobo so that it will be easy to suggest the bios options to tweak the ram speed.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you are running your mem modules at 1600 Mhz right and you OCed the cpu using FSb method or just by increasing the Multiplier ?

BTW, OP can try running his mem modules at 1600 Mhz but that depends upon cpu IMC - if it likes that speed then Op can do it easily or else he have to stick with 1333 Mhz - most of the C2 rev cpus don't like speed over 1333 Mhz though with C3 rev cpus Op can try 1600 Mhz ;-)

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
i am using c3 revision and i used the multiplier to oc the cpu,for memory just increased multiplier to X8.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
i just know that it is enabled but my 212 evo fan speed only lowers till 1300rpm in idle and goes to 1900RPM at load.but the thing is for now my system is both cool and quiet and now i am running stable at 4GHz @ 1.4v(default) trying to go further.btw bro do you what is the safe temp for NB of 880g mobo.some where i read it ranges from 80 to 100C.is it right?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think 80C is the max but it would be better if you keep it under 65C - 4 Ghz with just 1.4 vcore is great ( I've used 1.5v to get 4 Ghz ). For CnQ just run cpu-z and see if the speed stays constantly at 4 Ghz or not ;-)

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
no it won't at idle it comes to 800MHz and load goes to its full speed.btw i lowered the speed back to 3.2GHz as my 600VA ups won't handle it when the power goes off.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
btw bro you are using the same processor at 4GHz, isn't it?
what is the capacity of the ups you are using and have you seen any much increase in the electricity consumption after overclocking?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ yep, same cpu and I'm using a Old Numeric UPS ( 5yrs. ) - it's rated at 800VA and still going good ;-)

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
numeric one are good.i am also having numeric only from almost 2 years but it was working well with my pentium dual core but now it is giving me problems with my 955.it just doesn't hold the load when there is power cuts.it gives overload beeps.day before yesterday same thing happened and my comp just shut down and ups started giving overload beeps.because of this i am having bad sectors in my HDD.i have to formate it to fix it.
btw do you saw any drastic increase in electricity consumption when you overclocked your processor?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^
numeric one are good.i am also having numeric only from almost 2 years but it was working well with my pentium dual core but now it is giving me problems with my 955.it just doesn't hold the load when there is power cuts.it gives overload beeps.day before yesterday same thing happened and my comp just shut down and ups started giving overload beeps.because of this i am having bad sectors in my HDD.i have to formate it to fix it.

your's is a 600VA UPS if I'm not wrong - if possible detach the monitor from UPS and run only the pc from it.

btw do you saw any drastic increase in electricity consumption when you overclocked your processor?

^^ yep, Phenom II cpus consumes as much as 100-110W more power when OCed around 4 Ghz - so power consumption will increase for sure but that does not really matters to performance freaks and enthusiast ;-)

Top Bottom