Anyone in Kolkata having openSUSE 10.3 or Mandriva 2008 DVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digiz

Broken In
Hi all
I have a very slow connection so I can't dream of downloading big files.
But I love linux and desperately want the DVDs of openSUSE 10.3 and Mandriva 2008.
So if anyone in Kolkata has the DVD of openSUSE 10.3 or Mandriva 2008,
please let me know. I will myself come to you with a blank DVD to get a copy.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeez :(
I need the DVD coz I have a bit slow PC so I want to use Xfce (which is only on the DVD) and I need some educational packages like Kdeedu etc.
My PC is Intel Celeron with 256MB RAM.

So if you have openSUSE 10.3 or Mandriva 2008 and you're in Kol, plz lemme know.

Thanks a lot,
Digiz

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello Digiz, Welcome to the forum. Please use The Distro Request Thread to request your DVD's.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@digiz...hey dude, i got OpenSuse 10.2 n i can give it to u outright. I can also download 10.3 if u want, but that will take atmost 2 days. leme know which one works for you.

OP
D

digiz

Broken In
hey thanks a lot buddy. I guess I'd want opensuse 10.3 dvd :)
Its ok im ready to wait! hey whr in cal do u stay yaar?

lemme know n thanks once again...

btw i stay near park circus..

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@digiz

btw i stay near park circus..

One of my frnd Yasser is at same place Park Circus... !!! if you are interested I may give you his contact number, he has one of the largest collection of Linux distros !!!

:)

OP
D

digiz

Broken In
Choto Cheeta said:
@digiz

One of my frnd Yasser is at same place Park Circus... !!! if you are interested I may give you his contact number, he has one of the largest collection of Linux distros !!!

:)
Are u Saurav? U dont need to give me Yasser's number coz im Yasser dude! But I don't think I have a large collection of distros...most of them are outdated ones which i downloaded when i had a fast internet connection :( But now I have this slow-as-snail dialup-like connection :(

Whatever latest ones I have are the ones u yourself gave to me....I created a new account here coz i forgot the password of ma previous account....

Glad to see that ur active here in the Open Source section!

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
@ digiz, openSUSE 10.3 is included in Digit's Nov 2007 month (next month).. so if u can wait for 2 days... all u have to do is go and buy the MAG

OP
D

digiz

Broken In
gauravakaasid said:
@digiz...leme know if u want me download it, i stay at baguiati, on VIP road.
Hi Gaurav I'd be really grateful if u could...bcoz dual-layer dvds don't work in my dvd drive....its simply a dvd reader...i think dual-layer dvds work only in dvd-writers..

Thanks...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Yasser

:lol: :lol: Woah !!! now u have 2 source for Downloads :lol: welcome back to the forum dude.... Thursday may be I would come to BCL :lol: so which one is gaurav downloading.. ??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
gary4gar said:
^^^
lol what the way of meeting with friends :lol:

yaaar time is so short that yasser and I am having to think to actually use Postal service to send the DVDs to him which I download :lol: and man his DVD drive, always comes up with new issues :lol:

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^no problemo...wich one to download? madriva or opensuse?

edit: too late, Saurav, are you downloading the images?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
gauravakaasid said:

Not sure :lol: I think I gave him the openSUSE 10.3 CD version with KDE / Add on CD... dont know what went wrong with them :( and as said openSUSE is on this months Digit !!!!

so let him come back to comment !!!!

OP
D

digiz

Broken In
gauravakaasid said:

I just need the openSUSE 10.3 DVD thats it :) Its THE operating system for me...

I'm giving u the direct link:
*download.opensuse.org/distribution/10.3/iso/dvd/openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-i386.iso

Thanks buddy....lemme know how soon u can give it to me....

@saurav: The CDs were fine buddy but didn't u get my email? I had said that many packages were missing....and I needed Xfce too. Check ur gmail and saathi inbox.....if u didn't get my email....I guess I'll have to move to Yahoo mail and abandon my beloved Gmail i can't believe its unreliable... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom