Anyone here with long range wifi networking exprience

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I am looking to connect two place roughly at distance of 2 km (lesser may be), I can achieve line of sight between two however, I want to know what equipment should I use ?

I don't want to experiment so seeking advice here.

Should I look for AP with POE or go for AP with external antenna , if external antenna then how much db gain it should have ?

Kindly give product name available in India for this purpose, I am looking for something cost - effective.

PS: Guess, digit server is facing some issue, had posted this but apparently never got confirmation, posting it again.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.usr.com/download/whitepapers/wireless-extendedrange-wp.pdf
Setup wireless network with friend 1 km away. - Wireless Network - Wireless Networking

be ready to put in a lot of effort(both physically & mentally).

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
*www.usr.com/download/whitepapers/wireless-extendedrange-wp.pdf
Setup wireless network with friend 1 km away. - Wireless Network - Wireless Networking

be ready to put in a lot of effort(both physically & mentally).

To be honest, have done something similar in past but yes, it was trouble, I had used omnidirectional antenna at home connected to a regular AP through cable and on other hand it was a long range senao AP. The home antenna was mounted on a 40ft home built antenna, it was quite a sight though .

I am thinking of another way, may be use some local wifi internet provider towers to make my own subnet over their network.

satinder

DELHIITE
It is better to hire local wifi internet provider.
He will be happy to serve you.
Normally they use single tower of 30-40 ft. to cover their area of 2-3km in circumference !

Top Bottom