Anyone airtel myplan user ?

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

Not sure where to ask but anyone here using airtel myPlan postpaid ?
I am little confused, what if I buy on "STD minutes" and then makes local call, will it be deducted from std min pack or they will just charge it 50p per minute since it not a LOCAL and I don't have local minute either ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
It'll be charged as per your local call rate. Local call minutes will not be deducted from STD balance.

It's same for SMS too, say you have 150 Local and 150 National (Total 300) SMS. Now once you finish up the Local SMS balance, post that every local SMS will be charged as per local sms rate and they will not adjust it with National SMS Balance.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
It'll be charged as per your local call rate. Local call minutes will not be deducted from STD balance.

It's same for SMS too, say you have 150 Local and 150 National (Total 300) SMS. Now once you finish up the Local SMS balance, post that every local SMS will be charged as per local sms rate and they will not adjust it with National SMS Balance.

That's deep ****. I still don't understand why still STD disease is infecting these telcos..can't they make same call rate everywhere.. on my prepaid, its already 1p per second all India.. I guess I will stay with prepaid :p

- - - Updated - - -

My plan is very costly, was forced to switch.

Switch to what ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
That's deep ****. I still don't understand why still STD disease is infecting these telcos..can't they make same call rate everywhere.. on my prepaid, its already 1p per second all India.. I guess I will stay with prepaid :p

Yeah prepaid is good for low calls. And if you are making around > 1000 mins of calls then Postpaid can be better that also if you have CUG plan. Else general postpaid are not worth it.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Switch to what ?

Vodafone.

My usage was average but without any internet. So I opted for 199/- plan which provides me 600 mins of local+STD minutes (you can use it on either) + 400 SMS (local/national). After that call rates are 30p (local) & 50p (STD). Couldn't find anything cheaper (except corporate plans, they are ridiculously cheap. My last TL had got a Voda plan of 1000mins local/STD @99 only. His never bill never crossed that amount).

The network is either equal or even better than Airtel in Delhi. Even in other areas, they've good coverage.

The only thing which sucked in my postpaid is credit limit. I was given an initial credit limit of 500 and till date it's same (6 months connection). Raised a hell lot of requests to increase the limit, but every time it was turned down, don't know why. When I was in roaming at my home for a month, I had to pay bill every week or 10 days or my outgoing would instantly be stopped as the credit limit by that time would have exceeded by lot.

MyPlan is good if you have a choose their higher plans of around 999, otherwise it sucks. However, do contact local agents which provide Airtel connection. They can still get you a normal "plan" instead of MyPlan.

saiki4116

Broken In
Hi,

Not sure where to ask but anyone here using airtel myPlan postpaid ?
I am little confused, what if I buy on "STD minutes" and then makes local call, will it be deducted from std min pack or they will just charge it 50p per minute since it not a LOCAL and I don't have local minute either ?
Those minutes doses not include fixed lines, so if we speak to Hdfc customer care , you will be charged.. Airtel my plan is just there to milk money from customers.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
Those minutes doses not include fixed lines, so if we speak to Hdfc customer care , you will be charged.. Airtel my plan is just there to milk money from customers.

Well, its there because people are taking it.. I asked here for advice and its clearly evident that its worthless, how many people actually think that way.. hardly fraction of masses and most of the thing are fueled by those ignorant masses .. like facebook..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I beg to differ, if you choose the correct plan, Postpaid can be as cheap as prepaid and Myplan too can be cheap for some people
I know its not for everyone but it depends on the persons needs

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I beg to differ, if you choose the correct plan, Postpaid can be as cheap as prepaid and Myplan too can be cheap for some people
I know its not for everyone but it depends on the persons needs
If there was no STD / LOCAL min differentiation ..

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
There is a reason why telecoms push customers towards postpaid. Simply, because it's more profitable for the companies.

The sales people always tell you that postpaid is cheaper. And you get so much credit amount. I always tell them, that even If I get my mobile recharged by 500 to 1000Rs. I don't actually need the extra credit(extra credit is not equal to free money. Sooner or later you have to pay the whole amoint) amount limit.

Postpaid is like telcos lending you money and surely they would charge interest. So, it's never cheap for customers.
Also, you get the advantage of various top-ups on prepaid that you could use according to your changing needs like lower local or std call rate, internet pack etc.

The whole my plan thing is bull****. Unless you have lot of money to spend. Sales people are however able to make a pappu of certain customers now and then.

I find a lot of postpaid customers standing in lines and threatening the customer care showroom people if they don't resolve there over hyped postpaid bills that the company sent. Its like third class government office.

Once people change to postpaid the sales people don't even care about you. They won't even allow you to change your postpaid back to prepaid without grilling and squeshing the last penny out of you.

We all laugh at there ordeals. The sales people only show certain aspects of postpaid plan to customers with fixed cost per month. And contrary to the common belief it's a fact that pre paid plans are much more flexible and cheaper than any postpaid plan out there. Postpaid plans are regid While sales guy will tell you otherwise.

I challenge anyone to show me a cheaper postpaid plan. And chances are that I would easily be able to give a better pre paid plan with top ups to sweeten the deal. ;)

We jokingly tell the sales people that postpaid customers are like innocent cashcow which can be milked as much as they want. While prepaid customers are suckers. :p:D

gavnit

Broken In
i got 199 plan with 300talktime
30p local call
60p std call
30p loc sms
40p std sms
60p roaming incoming outgoing
unlimited 2g free

now beat that with your prepaid?
also its an airtel plan not open to everyone

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
i got 199 plan with 300talktime
30p local call
60p std call
30p loc sms
40p std sms
60p roaming incoming outgoing
unlimited 2g free

now beat that with your prepaid?
also its an airtel plan not open to everyone

I didn't even have to search,
Let me tell you about the default plan I am using on my prepaid.
I have 1p/sec std and local
2GB 3g data for 2 months
Rs 400 talktime unlimited validity
All this for Rs 499 on Tata Docomo.
And I have not used a single topup till now.
With a cheap top up I can easily get 30p/min and better.

No need of SMS(no one use sms these days, they are obsolete. we use whatsapp, skype, and sms go which send default sms for free through network). As I said, postpaid users are innocent cash cow which the telecom operators are using to sell things no one use now like sms and I never want to use shitty 2G speed on my smartphone. :D

Last edited:

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
aah plz don't compare tata wid airtel. Infact tatadocomo gsm is not present in Delhi.

I am in meerut. So, its very much relevant. Also, I have just given you an example of the difference between postpaid and prepaid. You have provided the most exclusive postpaid plan that not everybody have access to. On the contrary I have provided a prepaid plan that anyone can avail. Which still beats your exclusive plan by a good margin.

It's not a question of where the plan is good or bad in a particular region. The real question is whether the innocent postpaid users get what they think that are getting. You have to understand that postpaid plan are not meant for individual consumers. They are only meant for corporates and huge enterprises. Reason being that corporates dont mind paying extra if the service is tailered to there needs as they have huge number of users whom they manage at the same time.

Sales people always pressurize you to go for postpaid because they have targets to complete. Telecom companies are there to make profit and so they never recommend prepaid connections as it always results in lesser profits for the company vis-a-vis postpaid.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
"Postpaid is expensive" is a major myth and not at all true
coming from someone who uses both postpaid and prepaid
people simply like to hate on postpaid and certain telcos
it depends purely on the plans used

- - - Updated - - -

heres some proof
*trak.in/tags/business/2012/05/04/prepaid-vs-postpaid-mobiles/

depends on usage and needs etc

REDHOTIRON2004

Journeyman
"Postpaid is expensive" is a major myth and not at all true
coming from someone who uses both postpaid and prepaid
people simply like to hate on postpaid and certain telcos
it depends purely on the plans used

- - - Updated - - -

heres some proof
*trak.in/tags/business/2012/05/04/prepaid-vs-postpaid-mobiles/

depends on usage and needs etc

The link you provided is from 2012. Much have changed since then. People don't use sms now. Plans and prices too have changed.

Anyhow, taking your own link as example. Let me tell you one fact. Indians are smarter than US. Indians are much more price and value councious and they know that they are not computers who would talk for 800 minutes per month. In reality the usage changes for majority of customers every month. In USA majority users are postpaid which they take as a contract with a mobile. They definately pay more monthly.
Secondly, due to the varying nature of usage. The monthly fixed rental would definately make it costly vis-a-vis prepaid.
Thirdly, I don't agree that even with high usage prepaid is costly. It's your myth. The previous example shows it very well. In which the user got 30p/min on postpaid while with a small top up you can make 1p/sec to 30p/min/two minutes.
And lastly, the benefits or talktime that you get for fixed rental per month gets lapsed every month if you don't use them. Which is not the case with prepaid. We get unlimited validity on our talktime balance. It never gets lapsed. This single point alone saves you a lot of extra money depending on your usage.

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I was on verge of ditching my prepay as primary connection and switch to some good postpay and hence started this thread. The reason was poor 3G signal strength in my area (which was earlier good) but finally they fixed it as I gave them last mail with MNP threat along with lots of details about issue and department where to forward, guess finally my issue was sent to right tech department. I have whole story about it but I am glad its fixed.

Now, [MENTION=286426]REDHOTIRON2004[/MENTION] , even before you mentioned Docomo, I knew that you are Docomo user, its by far most economical telco if used wisely. I just recharge with Rs. 995 plan, full TT (∞ validity) + 2GB 3G data (58 days) , guess what, even after 4 months I still have Rs. 298 left.. and won't be used for next month as I just did minute top-up from that amount + data topup. (you get 500 min for Rs. 197 std+local), and after that its 1ps for everything. So technically my Rs. 995 will last for 5 months with average 500min usage inclusive of all taxes.

I am just in favour of economical, have been user of postpaid for more than 5 years.. I really hate when you have to change things.. I am prepay not because its cheaper, its flexible and if you don't need it, don't recharge it.

Btw, [MENTION=286426]REDHOTIRON2004[/MENTION] , I agree , Indians are far more smarter than Americans.. (based upon personal observation), however , what we lack is focus unlike them.. however thats another story :p

Postpay is good if its good for you.. :)

Top Bottom